Deleted

Unstable Felshadow Emulsion

Hello,

I was curious how viable this trinket is for priests, since it has a really strong effect, in theory.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124234/u...ulsion&bonus=0

+525 Spirit
    Equip: Your heals grant the target Leech for 10 sec, equal to (104 / 100)% of the effective healing done.
    At least to me, it wasn't clear if the effect would proc from effective shield absorb or not. Well, it doesn't.
    Even though a fully buffed Penance (t18 2p bonus) applies ~15% leech to the effectively healed target, that + PoH is the only way to give it a use at all for disc priests.
    Sad story, would've liked to see it in action for disc priests

You may now feel free to imagine the outcome of this trinket after a revival, providing everyone with 10% leech, pulling of the legendary ring, going 1 million raid DPS and thus an additional 100k-leech-HPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Did some more calculations for the PTR Feedback Forums[1]:

Unstable Felshadow Emulsion
    Heroic
    +456 Spirit
    Equip: Your heals grant the target Leech for 10 sec, equal to (90 / 100)% of the effective healing done.
    At first, I was just curious if this trinket works with effective shield absorb. Well, it doesn't.
    I really appreciate the idea of this trinket and think it would provide a huge utlity to the raid if worn by, let's say a Mistweaver and a Resto Druid. But I also think, that it's way to overpowered and will do nothing but give throughput healers even more overheal. And overheal in general feels utterly unsatisfying for a healer. It is the expression of "why am I here?!".

What makes me come to this conclusion? Well, let's do some math with data we already have and then just extrapolate it to HFC.

Let us take Kromog Mythic as an example[2], a fight with sustained and high raidwide damage.

Resto Druids and Mistweavers sum up to an average of 130k HPS and 70 Leech Rating equaling 1% Leech, would provide the whole raid with an average of ((90/100)/100)*130,000=1170 Leech rating spread across the raid per second. The effect lasts 10 seconds and since the output was provided in HPS, over 10 seconds the trinket in the given example provides an average of 11700 Leech rating across the raid. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume this is spread across 20 players[1], giving each player 11700/20 = 585 Leech Rating which equals 585/70=8.36% Leech on everyone in the raid.

A good average Raid DPS as given by [4] is 750,000 DPS. 750,000*0.0836=62678 HPS
    At the current state of BRF this means, you can drop a whole healer if you have two throughput-healer wearing this trinket. That is just insane for one item.

Of course, my calculation is a little bit sloppy, the trinket might even get stronger in bursty heal-phases, provide no effect at all when there is no raidwide damage, will provide tanks with way more Leech Rating and less on the rest of the raid, hence. However, the general direction of the strength of this item seems to be clear. Even if the effect was just half as big as my calculation provides, increasing itemlevel and higher boss tuning in HFC are likely to see higher Raid-DPS/HPS numbers as well, and thus even more Leech Rating compared to an easy Kromog Mythic fight in BRF.

I Like the Idea of the utility this trinket provides, but it is just to strong. Having 0.5-1 whole "new healer" in your comp by just giving two throughput healers this item, will of course strengthen your raid performance a lot. But no one's actually gonna do anything for this effect, and healer efforts are likely to end up being overheal, the most unsatisfying thing there is for any healer.

[1]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14628694225?page=5#85
    [2]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#boss=1713&metric=hps
    [3]This is of course not true, since tanks usually get more damage and thus have more heal. They even have a lower DPS output and will hence gain less Selfheal.
    [4]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#boss=1713&metric=fightdps

- - - Updated - - -

Another example for Gruul:

Fight DPS 95th percentile: 701,808 [1]
    HPS 95th percentile Holy Priest: 69,087.5
    HPS 95th percentile Resto Druid: 68,245.4 [2]

Holy+Resto = 137332.9 HPS

((90/100)/100)*HPS*10s/20p/70 = 8.83%

0.0883*701,808 = 61969.64 HPS

[1]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#boss=1691&metric=fightdps
    [2]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#boss=1691&metric=hps
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-05-27 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    To put it in a nutshell, having this trinket worn by 2 of your throughput healers will make mythic feel like heroic, just to be a little more polemic.

I am not sure if people noticed yet - but the healing "mini game" has been creeping back to the "top people up to full or they die to the next mechanic" situation like in SoO, especially the latter fights in BRF.

This trinket definitely tells me at least that blizzard is starting to officially let throughput healing power creep back to 5.4 levels, and make whack-a-mole burst healing the name of the game.

So much for "we want triage healing to matter and that raiders stay at less than 100% health more often".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

This trinket got nerfed by almost 50% in case you weren't aware already, it's still good but hardly overpowered anymore.

It's insanely overtuned atm. You can basically put it on a disc and a holy paladin, bring a mistweaver/shaman for their cooldowns and 3heal mythic.
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I am not sure if people noticed yet - but the healing "mini game" has been creeping back to the "top people up to full or they die to the next mechanic" situation like in SoO, especially the latter fights in BRF.
    Creeping up? It hit people in the face as soon as they got their first spirit trinket from BRF. I switched to using int pots just so I can run out of mana by the end. We get less spirit in HFC so supposedly it should matter, but I really don't see what's stopping people from running ARAC (which has like 1k spirit on it) + Felshadow Emulsion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    This trinket got nerfed by almost 50% in case you weren't aware already, it's still good but hardly overpowered anymore.
    With those numbers in the OP, isn't a 50% nerf still pretty much BiS? The leech trinket would account for close to a 20% boost to output in addition to the spirit stat. I do not believe there are any other trinkets that can come close to that - it's like the amp trinket in SoO except it doesn't get credited to the casters' meters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It's insanely overtuned atm. You can basically put it on a disc and a holy paladin, bring a mistweaver/shaman for their cooldowns and 3heal mythic.
    It should go on the Mistweaver or Shaman instead. Disc and hpally don't have the best multitarget healing and consumed shields don't appear to proc the trinket either.

Creeping up? It hit people in the face as soon as they got their first spirit trinket from BRF. I switched to using int pots just so I can run out of mana by the end. We get less spirit in HFC so supposedly it should matter, but I really don't see what's stopping people from running ARAC (which has like 1k spirit on it) + Felshadow Emulsion.
    My gripe is that healing was interesting in Highmaul when people weren't spiking from 100 to 10 and back to 100 again. While Imperator was a tad too long an encounter, if it was shorter the healing was actually engaging yet sufficiently challenging.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-05-28 at 02:39 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

It should go on the Mistweaver or Shaman instead. Disc and hpally don't have the best multitarget healing and consumed shields don't appear to proc the trinket either.
    Can't confirm or deny it, but a comment on wowhead says it only effects effective healing, and that it may affect shields (I think it will, even if it doesn't atm). And if it affects shields too, it's most logical to give it to a disc since shields are the most effective healing anyway, and Cascade on CD will give it a solid uptime on the entire raid.

"This item only counts effective healing, not overhealing. It may affect absorbs, but only once an effect (like Power Word: Shield) actually absorbs damage, not when it is applied."

My gripe is that healing was interesting in Highmaul when people weren't spiking from 100 to 10 and back to 100 again. While Imperator was a tad too long an encounter, if it was shorter the healing was actually engaging yet sufficiently challenging.
    Agreed. Highmaul was a lot more fun for me just because it wasn't "top people off asap", and healing actually mattered.

Source

The final two columns conservatively assume one Spirit trinket. If you use two Spirit trinkets instead of your special Archimonde class trinket, the final bar would wind up at 818. Both setups will likely be seen in practice, although hopefully the class trinkets wind up appealing. Because they’re unique and interesting, and also because it helps keep this problem in check.

Doesn't look like it's gonna be much better tbh. It won't be as bad as it is now in BRF, but it's not gonna be like in highmaul, which is a shame.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-05-28 at 05:02 PM.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Deleted
    Can't confirm or deny it, but a comment on wowhead says it only effects effective healing, and that it may affect shields (I think it will, even if it doesn't atm). And if it affects shields too, it's most logical to give it to a disc since shields are the most effective healing anyway, and Cascade on CD will give it a solid uptime on the entire raid.

"This item only counts effective healing, not overhealing. It may affect absorbs, but only once an effect (like Power Word: Shield) actually absorbs damage, not when it is applied."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Hello,

I was curious how viable this trinket is for priests, since it has a really strong effect, in theory.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124234/u...ulsion&bonus=0

At least to me, it wasn't clear if the effect would proc from effective shield absorb or not. Well, it doesn't.
    Maybe I should've pointed this out more clearly. The very first purpose of this thread was to let you guys know, that, as of the current PTR release, it does not proc from absorbs. That was why I went on the PTR in the first place.

This is also why I didn't account for Paladins or Priests in my calculation. And in fact, that would make it even more overpowered, because the leech-heal would be simultanious to throughput-healers' healing. Like this, it's at least a little bit time-lagged.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-05-28 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    With those numbers in the OP, isn't a 50% nerf still pretty much BiS? The leech trinket would account for close to a 20% boost to output in addition to the spirit stat. I do not believe there are any other trinkets that can come close to that - it's like the amp trinket in SoO except it doesn't get credited to the casters' meters.

- - - Updated - - -

Tectus and Butcher felt like whack-a-mole too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Tectus and Butcher felt like whack-a-mole too.
    Well, mainly because Tectus is cheesed, and well, Butcher was a gear check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Maybe I should've pointed this out more clearly. The very first purpose of this thread was to let you guys know, that, as of the current PTR release, it does not proc from absorbs. That was why I went on the PTR in the first place.
    Sorry. Was a bit thrown in there so I took it with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Well, mainly because Tectus is cheesed, and well, Butcher was a gear check.
    Wait, was there some proper way to do Tectus?

And Butcher was a patchwerk, but not really strict GEAR check, killed it with like 672 raid ilvl.

I think the intended way was to kill them separately like you do on heroic, not just "1, 2, 3, 4, BAM".

And Butcher was a patchwerk, but not really strict GEAR check, killed it with like 672 raid ilvl.
    Isn't the strategy people used for Butcher mythic also cheesing it?

It was a really strict gear check. Which was exactly why it was the second biggest wall in the instance when the bleeding edge progression guilds walked into the instance with only a week of loot from heroics. And the fact that the fight was so tightly tuned for players without the appropriate gear they had to cheese it by doing the encounter in the water just to squeeze the extra precious seconds and dps.

Not to mention, it was more of a gear check than even M imperator.

10+ Year Old Account

Butcher was most definelty a serious gear check.

In case it wasn't clear, this trinket is bad for disc. It can be viable for every other spec however the nerf is not a minor nerf, the trinket has been essentially halved and its an understandable nerf given our mythic ptr testing had me and a resto shaman adding an extra healer to the majority of fights.

The trinket will still have its uses, especially on fights like M Velhari but on other fights potentially not anymore. Such as socrethar which was the day the trinket was nerfed. It still did healing but a lot less and it'll now be very dependent on fights that will make use of the leech, fights with significant raid damage (like Velhari)

I'm personally not sure how the normal/heroic version of this trinket will go and if its worth it because it does even less. I'll probably still try to get my hands on one in heroic because it very well may come in handy but I just want to really emphasize the nerf is substantial. However deservedly so.