Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Danish man beats rabbit to death with a bicyclepump on live radio.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ed-live-on-air

And he did it to "prove our hypocricy about animal cruelty". Seriously, what the fuck?
    Absolutely fucking disgusting. So incredibly idiotic. So incredibly pointless.

There's no hypocricy in reacting with anger and disgust at such behavior. Peoples reactions to animal cruelty are strong, because a normal person finds it appauling and sickening to hear that someone could be cruel to defenseless, innocent animals, because such cruelty is completely pointless and motivated by nothing else than malice and mentally ill individuals.
    There's no hypocricy in being a sane person.

I can't even remotely comprehend how anyone on that radiostation thought it'd be a good idea. I'm lost for words.
    Atleast he could've used a proper fucking tool for the job or just cut its throat. But no, he had to BEAT it to death with a damned bicycle tyre pump.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2015-05-27 at 11:00 AM.

I'm guessing this is to highlight the fact that we'll happily eat killed cows and chickens but not something like rabbits* or cats.

They didn't need to inhumanely kill anything to have this debate, fuck those guys.

*EDIT: Yeah I know we eat rabbits, should have said something like... skunks or something, you know what I mean though :)
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-05-27 at 01:27 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Hopefully he'll be punished and put in jail for a while. Inflicting needless cruelty on any living creature is just horrid.

Deleted
    I'm shocked he didn't get his legs broken by now or at least some teeth knocked down his throat. I'd like a couple of seconds with this guy, it would be so worth the police fine.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/vid...e-on-air-video

Related video where he strokes the rabbit before killing it (killing not shown).

Can someone explain to them the irony of trying to highlight hypocrisy with hypocrisy? "This is for animal welfare, so let me ruin this animals welfare".
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just one of those retards who think that since someone doesn't want to torture a living being shouldn't eat animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Hopefully he'll be punished and put in jail for a while. Inflicting needless cruelty on any living creature is just horrid.
    He did eat it though.

But it seems to me this was more about the shock value rather than a noble cause.

It would be ironic if someone beat him with a bicycle pump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm guessing this is to highlight the fact that we'll happily eat killed cows and chickens but not something like rabbits or cats.

They didn't need to inhumanely kill anything to have this debate, fuck those guys.
    But we do eat rabbits? And we don't eat cats because it's not good meat. They do elsewhere in the world.

But yeah this is ridiculous, and they should be charged for animal cruelty.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It would be ironic if someone beat him with a bicycle pump.
    Or a rabbit.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm guessing this is to highlight the fact that we'll happily eat killed cows and chickens but not something like rabbits or cats.

Rabbit meat is not very tasty, hence why rabbits aren't farmed massively when they could be, considering they breed very fast and are easy to raise. Same reason sheep aren't farmed for food that much unless we're talking Arab countries but there it's more about religion than actual needs.

I eat meat, I consider slaughtering animals for food a necessary evil. Slaughtering an animal to make a point and get ratings, is not fucking ok. I'd like a bicycle pump and a couple of seconds alone with this guy, just make a point as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm just happy it wasn't a human child. I'll get over a rabbit.
    Well it could do it to a child also to be honest to protest the irony against child abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno about denmark but animal cruelty is punishable by law

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    dunno about denmark but animal cruelty is punishable by law
    He is able to dodge the law because he ate it, so legally speaking it's not technically animal cruelty. Still is, morally speaking but then the law is not always moral as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I happened to be a listener to his show, this would have caused me to no longer utilize his services.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ed-live-on-air

And he did it to "prove our hypocricy about animal cruelty". Seriously, what the fuck?
    Absolutely fucking disgusting. So incredibly idiotic. So incredibly pointless.

There's no hypocricy in reacting with anger and disgust at such behavior. Peoples reactions to animal cruelty are strong, because a normal person finds it appauling and sickening to hear that someone could be cruel to defenseless, innocent animals, because such cruelty is completely pointless and motivated by nothing else than malice and mentally ill individuals.
    There's no hypocricy in being a sane person.

I can't even remotely comprehend how anyone on that radiostation thought it'd be a good idea. I'm lost for words.
    Atleast he could've used a proper fucking tool for the job or just cut its throat. But no, he had to BEAT it to death with a damned bicycle tyre pump.
    I can't wait to see how GenOT defends this.

Deleted
    I've said it before in other threads - you can get a story about a person harming and(or) killing an animal and people will be up in arms about it and advocating the persons murder. But have a thread where a child is harmed and(or) killed, and you get a thread with people making jokes and saying the "crotch fruit" probably deserved it.
    Even a child often has a choice and ways to avoid his/her fate. An animal has neither.

What I find absolutely fucked up more than anything is people who are more outraged when they hear of animal abuse than if they hear about someone clubbing their kid to death.

I've said it before in other threads - you can get a story about a person harming and(or) killing an animal and people will be up in arms about it and advocating the persons murder. But have a thread where a child is harmed and(or) killed, and you get a thread with people making jokes and saying the "crotch fruit" probably deserved it.
    All life should be respected. I'm not sure what point you think you are trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people.
    Anyone who claims torturing a defenceless being is acceptable under nay circumstances is a sadist, don't assume everyone are sadists because some are sadists.

Is any difference between killing a child and killing and killing an adult? Essentially no.
    The reason why a child murder looks worse is because children are symbolizing the pureness and kindness of this world, the things wee all slowly losing in some degree while becoming adults.
    Same thing goes for animals.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2015-05-27 at 11:28 AM.