10+ Year Old Account

Riot knows where is problem?

The more i read about new rehabilitation system, the more i start thinking. Did Riot knows where is problem?

I started playing LoL at the end of 2012 year, and again few weeks ago i taken a break. Why? The main problem what i see currently, that tribunal for long time, don't work. Riot says that tribunal is rebuilding, but even if tribunal will be finished. I feel that the problem with trolls etc, will remain in game but via tribunal.

Don't get me wrong. I like LoL, but currently Riot seems care more for $$$ from Riot Points instead of clearing game from trolls. At some points, vote to kick in champion selection might be good but not for long.

To be honest also, i lost count how long tribunal is off.

This new system is working as per its mandate. The new system picks up when people have a certain amount of reports. It then scans their chat logs for specific phrases, which could be expletives, racism, homophobia etc, and then uses some logic to decide if they require a ban.

I think the problem lies with the players in what they think a 'feeder' or a 'troll' is. For example, I may pick Katarina as support. I am more than entitled to do this, because the meta is not enforced in LoL's ToS. Am I a troll?

Also a lot of people still think taking a lot of deaths while playing is a reportable offense. It isn't. People have bad games. I have bad games. I have some games where I may die up to 12 times over the course of the battle, but not a single death was intentional. So do I deserve to be reported? It's the same with 'bad players'. Some people do not live up to others expectations, but again, this is not a reason to report.

The new systems is getting rid of nasty people, people who will flame and put people down and ruin the atmosphere of the game. It was implemented primarily because a lot of people do not consider racism and homophobia to be bannable offenses when according to the ToS they are. I may report someone for calling some a fag, but the people in the tribunal will wrongly think that that isn't punishable. I think it is working.
    RETH

The new system wich is out now works better. The improved system they are coming out with soon is what worries me a bit. Riot Lyte said in an interview that the system is currently making a mistake 1 out of 6000 times. Considering the playerbase of league of legends where 70% of the community recieves reports at some point, especially the super tilters who just reports everyone in the game.
    Then you might log on one day only to realize you've been banned. Hopefully there is a support function for this so they can manually review the cases too. I know the system is apparantly suppossed to learn from the cases it goes through, but lets face it. We are pretty far off artificial intelligence as it is. :P

In the new system if you do not swear or insult anyone, then you wont have any action taken against you.
    RETH

It´s just dont write at all and you´re fine ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Now what would be really funny, at least to me, is if the world's first inadvertent AI comes into being out of a system designed to catch and punish MOBA players who can't stop hurling epithets and insults of every stripe. It would be what we, as a society, deserve - and it would likely do to us all the things that that fact also implies we deserve.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I've always had with the system is if you play unorthodox picks like I did with Shaco support in s4 (before DFG was gone, RIP). You're going to get flamed for it and it really puts people who play non meta stuff at a disadvantage because it's really easy to flame back after you get flamed for messing up.

Lets say top lane is fucking up on your team and you know nobody is flaming him, people fuck up right? Well lets say you as Shaco support mess up once and cause yourself to die... Prepare to get flamed and scapegoated because you picked something unorthodox and I'll be honest, I got a hefty chat restriction because it got to the point where I'd just say, "shut the fuck up" kind of thing. Eventually I'd go along and say stuff like, "Yeah and you're scapegoating me because I picked an unorthodox pick and trying to hide your mistakes by blaming me", you'd be surprised how fast that can shut some of them up but you still get a fair few of them who don't.

The point is, either l2mute or play orthodox picks if you can't mute people or just ignore what they say. I'm still only somewhat successful on this but I need to habitually mute the instant I fuck up as a jungler... Like I swear if mid lane dies 1v1, it's cool usually but if the jungler dies on a gank they just get berated and it's awful so the best advice I can give so you don't get chat restrictions or bans as a jungler is to learn avoid confrontation (lets be fair a lot of us like it and want to argue back to make ourselves feel better, guilty as charged here).
    Hey everyone

Yeah its an interesting debate. You're going to need some pretty godly operating systems to iron out the genuine cases.

How do you tell the difference between that guy that logs in and ignores his team and happily feeds into towers.

Then this angers his team members for having their time wasted and in their frustration type in a marked word like "feeder noob" and they receive the ban as I believe they should and any form of toxic behavior should be avoided if possible.

But the player that wastes 9 other peoples time and remains mute is fine to continue bringing down the quality of all game he/she enters.

The problem is stingy riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

I think the problem lies with the players in what they think a 'feeder' or a 'troll' is. For example, I may pick Katarina as support. I am more than entitled to do this, because the meta is not enforced in LoL's ToS. Am I a troll?

Yet you can't possibly expect good results while playing Kata support. However if you somehow manage to, its ok and noone can report you. But if you end up with bad stats then:

1) You knew it would happen because you tried Kata support earlier. So you intentionally picked a champion that usually ends with bad stats or is useless, so you are intentionally helping the opposite team, which is reportable.

2) You didn't know that because you are trying this champ for the first time. This isn't reportable. But, everybody was probably spamming "dont pick this champion wtf". You ignored all these messages and then fed. It's refusing to cooperate with team - reportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ugrtaa View Post
    The problem is stingy riot.
    The problem is that the mental healthcare of EU/US is non-existent. If anywhere in the world it's apparent, it's in LoL.

I've never met so many.. completely unstable people ANYWHERE as I have met there.

Deleted
    The fact that they have a 20 min bloody wait and not a low Priority queue is leaps and bounds proof they are bloody retarded in dealing with misdemeanours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    The problem is that the mental healthcare of EU/US is non-existent. If anywhere in the world it's apparent, it's in LoL.

I've never met so many.. completely unstable people ANYWHERE as I have met there.
    Welcome to modern Online games.

Where coddling bad players is preferable to ignoring stupid non-issues like someone insulting someone elses mother.