Do you still make daily profession materials?

So I took a break for about a month and I wanted to know if people are still making the daily profession items?

I know Tailoring can still make bags, but what about the others?

Are the other daily items still worth doing and if so, what do you make with them?

Only tailoring (for bags) and enchanting (I only have one enchanter for 15 chars on that realm).

The yield will be increased with 6.2, but I have more than 10000 of each crafting material, unlikely I will start again.

Deleted
    If you're looking to make gold - why not ? Gems, upgrade tokens, etc, all well within profit margins.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do! Helps tremendously with alts. Plus just the sorcerous you get from them adds up very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    If you're looking to make gold - why not ? Gems, upgrade tokens, etc, all well within profit margins.
    Well it may help to know that I do not have any Savage Blood

So I was looking for items to make that do not require those.

On a break right now, but before that I didn't really, no. I think I did it with enchanting and sometimes alchemy, but otherwise no.

The stuff made from them actually sells quite well, still.

Gems go for almost 1k a piece on my serve, that's 20g per profession item meaning 350g profit a day (daily cooldown, profession building, minus 50g base material cost).
    Bags sell well, around 2k for one, that's also 20g per profession item.
    Crafted ilvl 640 also sell surprisingly well, I guess because people still need them as base item for upgrades or to get them for alts. Prices around 2k for a leatherworking armor again lead to around 20g per profession item, certainly worth doing.
    Enchanting obviously sells quite easily, although only at around 10g per partial shard (100 per crystal when sold as weapon enchants) on my server.
    I don't have a blacksmith but I'd assume it sells about equally well as the leatherworking stuff.
    The only professions that don't turn a huge profit for me are engineering (nobody wants those rifles any more) and alchemy (flasks sell with a decent profit on raid reset days but it's a giant hassle and not really worth the effort, transmutes are nice but there just aren't enough sorcerous elements in the AH to be able to do it excessively). The main reason to still do the CD are the sorcerous elements. They are very expensive to get otherwise (usually around 40g a piece on the AH). That alone makes it worth it to keep pressing the button once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Well it may help to know that I do not have any Savage Blood

So I was looking for items to make that do not require those.
    Buy Savage Blood on the AH, combine with your sorcerous elements and profession gated items, sell upgrade item on the AH with a profit.
    I usually get a profit of around 3k (more for trinkets) for an upgrade item that needs 15 bloods. It's not great, especially considering they take 150 or 200 profession items to make (selling bags/gems is less of an effort and risk and provides about the same profit per profession item), but it's a profit nonetheless.
    Last edited by MegaVolti; 2015-05-27 at 02:17 PM.

Besides the gain of sorcerous materials;

JC: Yes, 6.2 will require lots and lots of crystals.
    Ench: Yes, worth it.
    Tailor: Yes, bags
    Inscription: Yes, crafted weapons/off-hands/trinkets are still profitable
    Alchemy: Nope, as I can buy the catalysts for about the same price as crafting them (and often cheaper), there is no use using the daily CD. Besides that, flasks are cheap to craft and hardly sell. Even with the gain of Sorcerous Fire and Water, its hardly worth it.
    BS: not yet leveled up
    LW: not yet leveled up
    Engineer: not yet leveled up

yes they still bring me ton of gold monthly so why should i stop ? -_-

Tailoring only atm, others are just a waste of time, as you could spend time clearing raids and dungeons getting more gold than farming matts and finding a buyer. Could do both but just do not want to spend effort just to sell it.

Been saving mine since early 6.1 in lw, tailoring, inscripion, alchemy, engineering and enchanting. Picked up mining and herbalism on one alt so i can get those sweet sweet fell blights. Hoping for some profits when demand is high early 6.2!

I still do, even on all my engineers and alchemists, because sorcerous elements. Hopefully they add a mount that requires ridiculous amounts of gearspring parts.

Even the Engineering Gearspring Parts generally are profitable to make. You generally average one sorcerous element (worth 50g) per daily cooldown. Even if you make all the Gearspring Parts into Hemet's Heartseekers and vendor the damn things, you get 15g from them, you will net 60g for the 30 ore used for the cooldown. As long as the value of ore on your server isn't greater than about 2g per piece, you still make a profit from Gearspring Parts. If you can find anything more profitable than vendoring scopes to do with the parts, it will be significantly above that level.

All of the other profession mats are generally worth using the daily CD on. Since they all give you an average of one sorcerous each daily cooldown, you generally break even just from that. Alchemical Catalysts can be sold for about 6g/catalyst if flasks aren't worth the mats to make, so you're looking at ~110g in profits for ~45g of mats. The other profession mats are even more profitable.

Leatherworking/Blacksmithing - If you can sell one of the 640 items for 2500g on average, that is 250g/day from the profession mats + 50g/day from the sorcerous. You're generally looking at a 250g+ profit.
    Tailoring - Same as LW/BS, but with the added option to make bags (or Ellek Plushies) if they are more profitable per Hexweave than the gear pieces.
    Enchanting - Generally the value of 1 temporal crystal exceeds the value of 20 dust. When you add in the sorcerous element, it's a 2:1 profit at worst.
    Inscription - Can craft 1 Darkmoon Card per day for effectively 25 herbs, and the cards sell for an average of 100g. With the sorcerous added in, you're looking at a 3:1 profit.
    Jewelcrafting - The greater gems sell for about 1000g over and above the cost of the sorcerous + ore/herbs for the lesser gem. That is a ~20g profit per Taladite Crystal, or just over a 4:1 profit for making the daily CD. With epic gems, the value of Taladite Crystals will only rise, making it potentially even more lucrative.

Yeah, I don't see any of the profession cooldowns that aren't worth making. Some of the work orders (gearspring parts, alchemical catalysts, temporal crystals) are more questionable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimejii View Post
    Tailoring only atm, others are just a waste of time, as you could spend time clearing raids and dungeons getting more gold than farming matts and finding a buyer. Could do both but just do not want to spend effort just to sell it.
    farming mats? finding a buyer? use the damn AH.

you have earned the achievement "you're really doing it wrong!" gz.

Deleted
    Yes I do. I run several Barns that net me few hundred savage blood a week (about 250 with rush orders included). Those gear upgrades still sell for very nice money indeed, especially the weapon upgrades. Crafting currently is the only source of decent ilvl weapons (675) outside of raiding. The best you can get otherwise is 645 grandiose armament or 655 from LFR. It's not uncommon to collect 13,000 gold from the "lesser" upgrade token (150/200 profession mats + 15 savage blood)

In patch 6.2 the gold from savage blood crafted mats will diminish a lot propably, because this new apexis shit also includes weapons and trinkets AFAIK. Crafted trinets and weps will still have some demand because they are upgradeable all the way to 705 / 715 but now players will have access to cheap 695 stuff from new apexis vendors. Majority of players are sitting on a ton of useless apexis shards currently so yeah, I'm not expecting to make nearly as much gold in 6.2 as currently.

Personally, I'm doing daily CDs and not crafting atm- mostly because the material cost of upgrades will drop hugely in 6.2 in terms of sorcerous/blood, and I've got a lot of alts to keep up to date.

I'm also saving up rush orders until then (got ~50-70 per crafter currently) since production will be double in 6.2 Same with spending primals.

Deleted
    I do both tailoring and enchanting. Will they increase crystals gain for daily cd enchanting as well? Didn't see any info about that.
    If enchanting isn't increased, after the patch there will most likely be more profitable just selling the dust, I can imagine crystal cost going down even more... however... if more people stop doing enchanting workorders/cd the dust will be cheaper as well, and that will make trading post more useless... =/ Oh the horror =(

Deleted
    There's also the aspect of sorcerous materials. If you're into Enchanting or crafting gear upgrades like I do, you certainly noticed that Sorcerous materials are really expensive lately. It's hard to find them for less than 45-50 gold each, whereas before 6.1 sorcerous water was often 4-6 gold each on AH. I regret I stockpiled only 3000 of it, ran out fairly quickly.

With 8 max level toons, all fitted with crafting proffs + garrison shacks, that's fairly significant influx of sorcerous materials. And at 50 gold each it's nothing to laugh at, even if you don't use them and just sell them. Think of getting 40-60 golden lotus a day for free at its peak price back in MOP. You don't have to farm for it, you just click the cooldown buttons and collect work order caches. It's not bad.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-06-03 at 03:18 PM.

I have been saving up my mats so when I get felblight/felbloods I can create new stuff for people to buy. I have used up some of my engineering stuff and savage bloods from barn to make items and to my surprise it sold. I have over 600 gearsprings to use.