Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    People who are playing with game tokens are still subscribers. The only way to unsubscribe is to stop paying with any form of currency.
    Exactly. If you check your account after using one the gametime section will even say "Game Token" (or something similar) next to the time left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Bookmarking this for later laughs.

The few remaining people on my RealID have dropped over this, my two accounts included.
    And to counter that, I've yet to meet a single person in my entire guild who considered it to be that big a deal. For them, logging on and taking a flight path was all they needed as all they did was raid and log back off.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    <100k.

Vocal Minority that would actually shoot the hostage.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The 90-100 levelling was wonderful and obviously a work of love, but, uh... Everything else...

Everything is grindy, time-gated and cynical. Garrisons make you wonder why you're playing an MMO without any other people and we went into this expansion with a litany of broken promises and an abysmal launch week. Yes, lack of flying matters. Now things just take longer and are more inconvenient. The game hasn't been enhanced at all. Fill up your progress bars, wait for your arbitrary lockouts to expire and your work orders to complete folks, because it'll be another six months before you get anything else to do.

I reckon at least 2 million more'll be gone.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

My guess is "fewer than you might think".

Blizzards statement was simply an assertion that travel options that have been in place for just over half a year will remain unchanged. Few devout 'flight or bust' types would have waited this long to make the decision to leave.

I have no idea how many quit after the no flying statement. However, in the last quarter there were 1 million a month leaving. It may be they were the only people unhappy with the expansion but I doubt it. I would guess that it's still 1 million a month. Nothing happened after the end of the quarter to slow the losses. No flying probably did push some people over the edge but they were probably going anyway. Blizzard hopes that 6.2 will bring people back. It won't bring me back.

so what youre all saying is....

no flying is the wow killer

LOL ok

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    Ok, so lemme ask. By unsub do you mean end their subscription and totally stop playing (i.e., 'move on')?

Or do you mean end their subscription and continue to play with game tokens from gold won in game (garrisons, mobs, raids)?

Because IMO, they are not equal. People who bitch they are 'unsubbing' to show their disdain and moving on, but still play with tokens are basically still in the game and not entirely 'sticking it' to Blizzard in their angst. The former I can get and see some integrity with; the latter are just like so much chaff.
    These morons are literally doing Blizz a favor doing this

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    so what youre all saying is....

no flying is the wow killer

LOL ok
    No, he is saying no flying is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.

Flying ruined the game. Granted, so did garrisons, but one step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Gonna go ahead and call bullsh*t on this. One of the best expacs to date had several zones that required flying to continue after level cap and it was awesome.

btw dont care about PVP its been mega dead for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Oh yes clearly, that thing that happened when the game was on an upswing in sales and subs and continues for another expansion was "the reason" that wow was ruined.

Wow was ruined by elitists, who want faster, shittier content, especially content that lacks any kind of engaging reasons to be on the ground and makes you want to go out into the world... holy shit I just described all of WoD. Its like we could have a tasty steak ... but we are instead given cardboard, with a steak painted on it. Looked really good, until we realized it wasn't actually a steak at all. But man can they press out those cardboard steaks. Like fast as shit. At least those elitists will have plenty to eat.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill probably unsub soon, havent played since just after 6.1 came out. Ashran is just too much of a let down. Timeless isle on a pvp server pre blood nerf was some of the most fun I have ever had in wow and I wish ashran was like that, but its not and never will be. Probably never be another zone like timeless isle again but if there is then I'll definitely come back for the wpvp.

Been having a blast in diablo 3 atm, they really improved things by leaps and bounds after they side shifted some dubious devs to wow. Of course its all just a coincidence according to blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    The no flying is the reason I resubbed. Granted, it was a terrible choice and a waste of money, but that had nothing to do with the lack of flying. It was the garrison-farmville bullshit and the further removal of social interaction that put the final nail in the coffin for me.

No-flying was a great change but sadly it was too little too late.
    The players killed social interaction, not blizzard.
    Inflated item level requirements in the name of "efficiency".
    Bashing of LFR/LFD which expose you to more of the community than you would get through normal play.
    Group finder not just for the traditional activities, but for pretty much anything.
    More in-game, and cross-game communication through realID/battle.net tag.

Before garrisons players would rarely venture outside of towns unless it was a necessity.
    Players made that problem, not blizzard.
    Social interaction is not simply forcing players together in proximity.
    Social interaction is positive interaction with others by choice.
    Something only players make happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    No, he is saying no flying is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.
    Well I stopped playing before no flying was confirmed to last forever, for reasons completely unrelated to flying, and I wasn't 1st nor 3rd person in my guild to do so.

Subscribers losses at this moment shouldn't be associated with no-flying. People quit constantly and for various reasons.

A few forum QQers like always, drop in the ocean really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Well I stopped playing before no flying was confirmed to last forever, for reasons completely unrelated to flying, and I wasn't 1st nor 3rd person in my guild to do so.

Subscribers losses at this moment shouldn't be associated with no-flying. People quit constantly and for various reasons.
    Pretty much. Blizzard stated that in total WoW has had over 100 million unique players in the last 10 years, but never more than 10-12 million at a time, so on average the whole playerbase must turn over about once a year.

Of course in reality, I imagine there's a small core of committed long-term players surrounded by a larger community that's turning over on a shorter basis than a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

nobody has unsubbed this month because of flying and apexis. you guys really think people care too much about such little things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Ill probably unsub soon, havent played since just after 6.1 came out. Ashran is just too much of a let down. Timeless isle on a pvp server pre blood nerf was some of the most fun I have ever had in wow and I wish ashran was like that, but its not and never will be.
    You mean a gankfest full of PVE players totally unprepared for you? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I actually resubscribed because there won't be flying anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is, enough to be noticed but not as many as one would think, because a lot of them have bought into the WoW tokens (which actually give Blizzard $5 more per customer and thus don't really send any message at all other than the game can make even more with enough high-dollar players buying tokens than if everyone paid a sub). Mind, I lowballed the Q1 plummet by about 2 million, so.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

lets see. 3 million in 3 months, then, 6.2 notes preview zero content for pvpers. So, a lot of pvpers have had no content and will have no content for 12 months+. Lot of subs lost there. The casuals who don't raid. These guys look at 6.2 and see apexis dailies and rares. Lot of subs lost there. The pro flying group. Lot of subs lost there.

3 million in 3 months, then a string of PR disasters in the form of interviews confirming the suspicion that yes, they are in fact, not listening. My guess is we're down to about 5million right now. I would not be surprised if we see "4million subscribers" on the front page of a gaming site for the first time since Vanilla.