Thread: Blood DK in 6.2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood DK in 6.2

From what i've seen Blood DKs don't look that strong compared to the other tanks in 6.2 yet i see alot of people on these forums saying that its going to be really strong in 6.2? Did i miss something? :s

"strong" is a relative term.

6.2 looks more like a patch where they've equalized the tanks as best as they think they can so that no one tank is heads above the others too terribly much.
    So, while DK's look strong as tanks, it's just that they're relatively stronger than the others, but the disparity isn't that huge.

Not sure I'd call us stronger than other tanks in 6.2 given the current state we are in on the PTR and given how our mastery is garbage and multistrike is even more garbage now as per the BoS nerf with 0 compensation. That said: will we be able to tank? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by xpire View Post
    Not sure I'd call us stronger than other tanks in 6.2 given the current state we are in on the PTR and given how our mastery is garbage and multistrike is even more garbage now as per the BoS nerf with 0 compensation. That said: will we be able to tank? Yes.
    Most (all?) comments about our tanking ability in 6.2 have been solely referring to our survivability, which unless you're troxism/jellosdk level will be of some minor concern until you're more geared.

I haven't looked but assume our damage will be pretty shocking single target. While dps is important, any form of significant dps option for the tanks has generally been nerfed into the ground repeatedly. Tanks CAN increase their dps and generally do where practical, but it's so minor it really isn't going to be a huge factor compared to mechanics that may trivialize fights, or tanks that may let you increase dps elsewhere in the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Most (all?) comments about our tanking ability in 6.2 have been solely referring to our survivability, which unless you're troxism/jellosdk level will be of some minor concern until you're more geared.

I haven't looked but assume our damage will be pretty shocking single target. While dps is important, any form of significant dps option for the tanks has generally been nerfed into the ground repeatedly. Tanks CAN increase their dps and generally do where practical, but it's so minor it really isn't going to be a huge factor compared to mechanics that may trivialize fights, or tanks that may let you increase dps elsewhere in the raid.
    Not just talking about DPS but yes DPS is also going to be an issue, but BoS is more than just DPS but that's hardly the issue in 6.2 - the problem is no compensation by making MS more defensive for us, or making mastery actually worth taking to make up for the healing we lose by not having BoS the same way, and ofc to a smaller extent a compensation for the DPS loss. The two stats that should be attractive to us, just aren't... not even remotely, meanwhile monks stack mastery until their eyes bleed

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobility is also a huge fucking issue since we have virtually none

WTB reverse grip minor glyph already :/
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Not just talking about DPS but yes DPS is also going to be an issue, but BoS is more than just DPS but that's hardly the issue in 6.2 - the problem is no compensation by making MS more defensive for us, or making mastery actually worth taking to make up for the healing we lose by not having BoS the same way, and ofc to a smaller extent a compensation for the DPS loss. The two stats that should be attractive to us, just aren't... not even remotely, meanwhile monks stack mastery until their eyes bleed
    I mean, compared to the place most other classes (and more notably one of our own dps specs) are in, bloods incompleteness is pretty minor. I don't like it, but put in perspective it's hardly the short end of the stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Am I missing something here? Blood mastery is fantastic, and it has been for ages. It double dips which is nice, it provides both healing and physical mitigation which makes it valuable in high magic damage fights too and it's effect is increased significantly with resolve (which makes it unique amongst tanks). Crit is awful for mitigation, multistrikes benefits are sorta good, but mastery is the obvious go to after bonus armor, at least for survivability, because it's fantastic.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think when people claim that mastery is awful, they mean it more or less from a DPS standpoint, to which it's true because we do have better ways of pumping out damage than mastery. Granted the passive armor RPPM mastery proc trinkets are pretty good for DPS. Mastery is good stat, it just realistically isn't needed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going by the patch notes, I didn't see anything that would be considered a nerf to Blood. The other tank classes appear to have received several buffs, so yeah, it now looks like they're as equal as they can be for now.

@ Saybel: Reverse Grip??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    @ Saybel: Reverse Grip??
    Want a minor glyph that makes it so Death Grip brings us to the target instead of bringing the target to us. Death Grip is pretty huge utility, so glyphing it like that is a big sacrifice of utility for some real mobility yet would be a nice option for several fights. I don't see how it could hurt the class to put it in.

If it creates a player vs player problem, make it only work on targets immune to grip or something.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Funny enough Trox is in Encore with me now. I am going Bear most likely since double DK is not exactly the best idea.

Seeing as paladins still suck not playing that thing anymore. Its basically monk or bear for me, but probably bear.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK does seem cool still. Strong, desired, and self-sufficient. Me likely.

Might go Night Elf for once. I rarely play them but the dodge mechanic could be useful, plus the Mystic Runesaber would go nice with a Night Elf (the race seems to like cats).

nah man go double dk and par off everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Nnogga View Post
    nah man go double dk and par off everyone
    Blood already doesn't look as "fun" since Breath even with bis 14 sockets in mythic hfc gear won't even be 100% uptime due to random bs.

Which tank is actually fun though currently? Warrior boring, Paladin Tank made me go Healer on my Pala, Monk Tank is annoying way too much maintenance, druid no idea think pretty afk. Honestly Tanking in general has become the role absolutely nobody wants to play anymore as it is so boring. Breath was a godsend but yea rip in pepperonis.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which tank is actually fun though currently? Warrior boring, Paladin Tank made me go Healer on my Pala, Monk Tank is annoying way too much maintenance, druid no idea think pretty afk. Honestly Tanking in general has become the role absolutely nobody wants to play anymore as it is so boring. Breath was a godsend but yea rip in pepperonis.
    Well somebody has to do it. I'd rather do it myself (in LFR at least) than leave it up to someone who has little to no clue.

Deleted
    There's a lot of magic damage in this raid... Which AMS can take care of for the most part

Paladin is fun except for the fact that no matter what you do the other classes are as good or better. The play style is actually quite fun imo. Even with 2 set + WUE paladin is still gonna feel like shit... but less at least.

Warrior is a class I really only liked during Dragon Soul and Siege. Atm it feels just as bad as a paladin to me. After the nerfed 2 and 4 set.... all they have going for them is that class trinket.

Monk feels great. I like the play style quite a bit. It has no real downside to me other than energy class(which ive gotten used to so w/e). They are also going to be very strong with 4 set next tier.

Druid is pretty boring feel but they even feel pretty strong atm. Even better in HFC. They are basically Mangle on CD and spam maul and use mitigation/frenzy regen(which is becoming so braindead to use since it refunds overhealing as rage). Keep some dots up and spam buttons basically.

Dk atm is quite fun lots of reward for playing as well as you can(obviously RNG fucks you with breath even still). In HFC they still feel very strong but no matter how much you love the playstyle of breath it doesn't matter. You have 100% 0 control over it. It will fall off when it falls or it wont because every auto double MS'd. DK will still be strong just less damage done. Lots of mechanics to AMS and completely ignore due to that.

Yeah agree on most, i should have more of a look on Monk on PTR i guess but that 4 set is going to get nerfed or? Seems way over the top. Breath imo is still gonna be good to have for Burn Phases - quite the outstanding feature to have such a strong DPS Cooldown on a Tank dont you think?