Thread: Barns in 6.2

Barns in 6.2

Will barns in 6.2 give Felblight from new elite mobs or will they continue to function as they are right now and there will be no changes in 6.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Will barns in 6.2 give Felblight from new elite mobs
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    or will they continue to function as they are right now and there will be no changes in 6.2?
    Yes.

Deleted
    I was wondering about this myself just yesterday... Had over 300 savage bloods sitting in bank gathering dust, all the while my barns were not being used anymore simply because i didn't see much point in going to farm those beasts anymore..
    So i sold all the bloods, and was considering replacing the barns, however none of the alternatives to replace them are appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Yes.
    Thanks

RIP Barn in 6.2

From great to nearly useless.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A barn will be good for an alt, and the Bloods still serve their purpose of upgrading gear from stages 1-4, so it's up to you whether to get rid of it or not.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    RIP Barn in 6.2

From great to nearly useless.
    Its hardly nearly useless, Bloods are unlikely to drop too much more in price (@ 200-ish now or so ? ) and they'll still be needed for crafting.

Besides, 'useless' would imply theres a better alternative as far as gold generation goes.

Deleted
    I absolutely do not think that they intended the Barn to be so strong and to be in everyones garrison. This way it would make it an optional building instead of a mandatory one.

Good change imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clukclukboom View Post
    I absolutely do not think that they intended the Barn to be so strong and to be in everyones garrison. This way it would make it an optional building instead of a mandatory one.

Good change imo.
    The strength of Barn in terms of profit is heavily offset by the amount of extra maintenance work it takes to farm the caged beasts. Sure, it was well worth it early in WoD, but with bloods at the prices they are currently at, Inn (for treasure hunting missions) and Trading Post (for the ability to convert excess garrison resources into mats) are both superior options for gold making.

Treasure Hunting missions alone greatly exceed the income from Barn. Trading Post is a little closer, but if your server prices are something like this.

Leather/Sumptuous Fur - 2 g/piece
    Savage Blood - 200 g
    Draenic Dust - 2.5g/piece

Barn will get you 2008 g/week assuming you get 5 bloods a week (typical proc rate). If you have 8000 excess garrison resources to burn off per week (my typical average), and you wait for the 4 GR/1 Draenic dust vendor to show up, you can convert those resources into 2000 Draenic Dust with the trading post trader. That nets you 5000g/week, more than twice as much as Barn gives you, and the best part is it requires no effort outside of just keeping up with follower missions - and you only require a level 1 Trading Post to access the trader and work orders compared to needing a level 3 Barn.

Barn is already a waste of time as is, and will become even an even bigger waste of time and a building slot in 6.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The strength of Barn in terms of profit is heavily offset by the amount of extra maintenance work it takes to farm the caged beasts. Sure, it was well worth it early in WoD, but with bloods at the prices they are currently at, Inn (for treasure hunting missions) and Trading Post (for the ability to convert excess garrison resources into mats) are both superior options for gold making.

Treasure Hunting missions alone greatly exceed the income from Barn. Trading Post is a little closer, but if your server prices are something like this.

Leather/Sumptuous Fur - 2 g/piece
    Savage Blood - 200 g
    Draenic Dust - 2.5g/piece

Barn will get you 2008 g/week assuming you get 5 bloods a week (typical proc rate). If you have 8000 excess garrison resources to burn off per week (my typical average), and you wait for the 4 GR/1 Draenic dust vendor to show up, you can convert those resources into 2000 Draenic Dust with the trading post trader. That nets you 5000g/week, more than twice as much as Barn gives you, and the best part is it requires no effort outside of just keeping up with follower missions - and you only require a level 1 Trading Post to access the trader and work orders compared to needing a level 3 Barn.

Barn is already a waste of time as is, and will become even an even bigger waste of time and a building slot in 6.2.
    Sorry, but the Barn part is completely wrong. In one week of 42 work orders, with a barn follower, you will get approximately 21 savage blood (yes, with a follower you get that much savage blood). that alone nets 4200g a week, plus leather or sumptuous. furthermore to get those 42 cages, you need about 10 minutes a week in a good lfg group. And even without the trading post, you can invest nearly capped ressources into rush orders for your barn.

barn > trading post

Blood will still be valuable.

Keep in mind that other people will drop their barns and thus the prices of fur/leather/blood will rise.

The biggest upset to the prices of Savage Blood are the reduction in transmute and primal spirit costs, and the reduction in the T4 upgrade item's cost... But demand will also rise, because people will want to get those items upgraded asap as their BiS lists demand.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Blood will still be valuable.

Keep in mind that other people will drop their barns and thus the prices of fur/leather/blood will rise.

The biggest upset to the prices of Savage Blood are the reduction in transmute and primal spirit costs, and the reduction in the T4 upgrade item's cost... But demand will also rise, because people will want to get those items upgraded asap as their BiS lists demand.

All crafting upgrades will be reduced in costs so unless the drop in cost is equal tho input of people ditching the barn it wont change that much. I dont have a barn and still get plenty of leather & fur from salvage yard and killing animals. Have 3k primals sitting too to trade for bloods, and everyone has herbs & ore to get primals from. Would take a serious drop in barns before any economical effect is felt

Im abit confused here and maybe you can answer:

1. Is Barn not going to produce any of the mew crafting ingridient? Will it work an produce exactly the same as of rigth now?

2. If so how do you get these new ingredients?

Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    Im abit confused here and maybe you can answer:

1. Is Barn not going to produce any of the mew crafting ingridient? Will it work an produce exactly the same as of rigth now?

2. If so how do you get these new ingredients?
    I hope you like gathering as it's only obtained through mining, skinning, herbing and fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I hope you like gathering as it's only obtained through mining, skinning, herbing and fishing.
    People wanted to get out of the garrison, and blizzard obliged.

Barn will not produce felblight, it will still produce savage blood which is still useful I think to get gear up to 685.

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    People wanted to get out of the garrison, and blizzard obliged.

Barn will not produce felblight, it will still produce savage blood which is still useful I think to get gear up to 685.
    Personally I think one of the main issues with time spent in the garrison is the babysitting required for optimal return, due to the short duration of missions.
    I would like to see them being 1 day long, and longer so you don't feel the need to visit it so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Personally I think one of the main issues with time spent in the garrison is the babysitting required for optimal return, due to the short duration of missions.
    I would like to see them being 1 day long, and longer so you don't feel the need to visit it so often.
    Babysitting? I constantly suffer from mission shortage even with just logging in twice a day for a minute each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barn have been a waste of time, since 2 seconds after you procured your Pygmy Cow pet...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    My barn is now a trading post, ready to boost the reputation grind.