Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Frostwolf Transmog!

Yay, we finally get the Frostwolf transmog. Here is my mood I felt when I saw it on the frontpage:

9/10: Yes, yes, yes!
    4/10: No, they forgot the wolf head piece.
    0/10: Leather.

C'mon, it is not that difficult to make it available as a cosmetic set.

They didn't forget the headpiece. That headpiece is specifically Durotan's. Unless you're talking about a different headpiece, and in which case, which one?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    That was disappointing lol

10+ Year Old Account

Well, rogues have a deeper connection with wolves than us shamans after all

I'm really glad we got it too (was complaining about it to the devs a couple days ago on Twitter, and just yesterday to one of my friends). Especially the Karabor set as well, I've been longing for that one since beta pics of it got out!! I was really positively surprised about it, especially after I've been SO frustrated with WoW lately (no flying etc).

Like you said though, I wish it was cosmetic. I get that Cloth / Leather are probably the closest fits to what the sets visually look like, but the thing is, lots of Frostwolf Shamans wear that set, and Akama wears the Karabor set (who's later a Shaman). It would have been the most perfect fit for Orc Shamans / Draenei Shamans, respectively.

Would have been perfect to be cosmetic like the Stormwind Guard / Orgrimmar Grunt set. If it's not disturbing the game to see a Mage in the Stormwind Plate, then it also wouldn't be disturbing to see my glorious Draenei Shaman in the Akama set, or my Orc Huntress in the Frostwolf set.

So you're happy we are getting it but then complaining that its stuck to leather sets. My god, here's the thing, they didn't have to put it in at all. Now you guys are just fishing for stuff to complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    So you're happy we are getting it but then complaining that its stuck to leather sets. My god, here's the thing, they didn't have to put it in at all. Now you guys are just fishing for stuff to complain about.
    Since every Frostwolf uses it everyone should be able to mog with it.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2015-05-28 at 05:18 AM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

They could have replaced the awful Warsong mail set from War Mill with this...
    The Warsong set is the ugliest piece of shit.
    And leather wearers already get the Thunderlord set which looks great.. Why do they get another set '-_-
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    On top of that, criticizing Blizzard is never a bad thing. Stop acting like you as a consumer owe Blizzard something, when it's infact the other way around. Especially after the shit storm that was this expansion.

Would really like to see it be cosmetic and usable for every class. I'd love that for my shaman. (Also, because the stormwind plate armor set on a mage has made so much sense and still exists.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Why do people always jump to conclusions about what it is/isn't?

It is beta and subject to change. Save the whining for whether it is cosmetic or not until the patch actually goes live. It is likely to be changed just before release to become cosmetic like all the others.
    Yeah. It's always beta and always subject to beta. And then it's released and suddenly, we didn't provide enough feedback because it released like shit.

This is WHAT the testing servers are for, FEEDBACK. Get it through your head that even when quality feedback is given to these extremely bullheaded developers, they would rather "stick to their guns" than actually accept criticisms or fixing something that is inherently flawed.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Why do people always jump to conclusions about what it is/isn't?

It is beta and subject to change. Save the whining for whether it is cosmetic or not until the patch actually goes live. It is likely to be changed just before release to become cosmetic like all the others.
    No listen mate.
    PTR and Beta is for testing and in many ways, to hear our reaction on things thats getting implanted in the PTR.
    If we just gonna wait until things go live to complain then its gonna be 2 frecking. and the people who signed on for PTR is gonna fail their duty
    The good ole "why you complaining? its just ptr guys!!" Is simple the most retarded thing, that can ever exsist in World of Warcraft Conversation

They implant something
    A large amount of ppl get mad or disapointed
    We hit them up on twitter and official forums to complain
    Thats how PTR works

They made it Leather rather than Cosmetic partly to "balance" out the fact that the Alliance get a cloth set, and also probably because Shaman got cosmetic gear last expansion.

But you can also get Frostwolf Grunt's Battlegear as a toy. Though it only lasts 30 mins with a 2 hour cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They made it Leather rather than Cosmetic partly to "balance" out the fact that the Alliance get a cloth set, and also probably because Shaman got cosmetic gear last expansion.
    They could also make the Alliance set wearable for any Armor class, i mean every Alliance character can run around as fully plated Stormwind Guard.

Same thing goes for Horde, even Mages can run around as Orgrimmar Guard except for the 2h Axe.

And the argument about the Dark Shaman set is a wild guess at best, while the Dark Shaman set itself was just cosmetic, Blizzard hands out items with pretty unique models as well.

Lei Shen Helmet or the Cloth stuff from Archimonde, not to mention of the massive amount of pretty unique and stylish 2H weapons out there like The Blackhand, Xal'atoh (Garrosh Axe).

Also, Hunters should not get a Set because Shaman received one?

The set is Leather because the armor looks like made out of leather, that's the sole reason, none of the three leather classes has a serious connection to the Frostwolf Clan.

Druids are out because Orc Druids don't exist.
    The only Orc "Monks" on Draenor are from the Laughing Skull Clan.
    A single Frostwolf Rogue exists, which ironically doesn't wear the Frostwolf armor we're talking about.

It should be a purely cosmetic set for any armor class and if it should have a armor restriction then it should be mail because Shaman are a no brainer for Frostwolf Orcs and pretty much every Frostwolf Orc has a Wolf pet which makes Hunter a no brainer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    But you can also get Frostwolf Grunt's Battlegear as a toy. Though it only lasts 30 mins with a 2 hour cooldown.
    Lame replacement at best, because i might want to look like one even after death or use single pieces for transmog.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And ofc, mail wearers are the only armor type to not get any faction transmogs, plate had the shatari, and shamans got the dark shaman set, for the first (and last) time, blizzard has specifically screwed over hunters.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2015-05-28 at 07:15 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Yay, we finally get the Frostwolf transmog. Here is my mood I felt when I saw it on the frontpage:

9/10: Yes, yes, yes!
    4/10: No, they forgot the wolf head piece.
    0/10: Leather.

C'mon, it is not that difficult to make it available as a cosmetic set.
    Yep, that was pretty much my reaction too. x)

"OMG YES, FROSTWOLF ARMOR FOR MY ORC SHAMAN!"

"No helmet? Meh, that sucks.. well I guess incomplete set is better than no set? :/"

"Leather? Class restricted? Seriously? ;___; "
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy.
    But without the hero,
    there is no Event."
    -Zurin Arctus | the Underking

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up making it a cosmetic set, after all the Laughing Skull helms were actually cloth items on beta originally. It's shitty the helm isn't included though, I don't see why they can't put it in. It's the best part of that set.

I really disagree with them making it Leather and not Mail or Cosmetic.

The classes most associated with the Frostwolves are shamans and hunters, with a little bit of warrior. But their NPC transmog is going to be available to rogues, druids which orcs can't even be, and monks?

This is WHAT the testing servers are for, FEEDBACK.
    On a forum that Blizzard developers do not officially read? Sound logic.

Get it through your head that even when quality feedback is given to these extremely bullheaded developers, they would rather "stick to their guns" than actually accept criticisms or fixing something that is inherently flawed.
    Ah, it's all clear to me now. Carry on then. Stick it to the man, man!

It would be better as Cosmetic but like, wolves are made of leather and not mail and this set is made out of wolves.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So, guess we'll never get the helmet either... That's just utter, utter bullshit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Just tweeted at them, god knows if that's worth anything, but I'd really rather they add the helmet for orcs than no one at all.

I don't have an orc, but if the helmet works on them then why not add it? Trolls had those invisible transmog boots and the frostwolf are an orc clan, having a race specific helmet isn't a problem.

Surely it's better that orcs get a unique hat than an iconic orc clan transmog set missing a helmet that they could have, just because they can't justify making the helm work for everyone else.
    I'd rather orcs got something than everyone get nothing, especially when it's blatantly orc themed.