Thread: Professions 6.2

Professions 6.2

Anyone got a guess which one will be the best money maker?

I currently leveled a gathering alt (herb/mining)

But my main has engineering and enchanting and thinking of dropping enchanting for skinning because there is no money in enchanting...

What profession will be best after 6.2 launched and why?

No money in enchanting...? I turn tens of thousands of gold in profit with enchanting and that is just buying mats from AH and putting up scrolls every week.
    The same professions that are great now will be great in 6.2. Once the mad rush for the fel mat from tanaan is over in a few weeks, then it all goes back to the same old stuff. Nothing really has changed. I have 11 tailors, so I have a steady income of hexweave bags that will be useful even into next expansion. I'd recommend tailoring. it is consistent. Bags always sell, and always will. Especially with how often people roll new characters.

Epic gems will likely make JC highly profitable in 6.2, at least during the first several weeks as people get new socketed gear. The gems effectively require 150 Taladite crystals each (100+a greater gem). Even without the issues in getting the Felblight, the supply is going to be heavily gated by the Taladite Crystal daily cooldowns/work order yield, as a JC will be limited to being able to craft one gem about every 3 days.

Other than that, I don't see a lot changing with the current crafting professions. Felblight will bring some value back to the 3 gathering professions, and make them less of a waste of time, but I still doubt it's worth dropping crafting professions for them.

"No money in enchanting...? I turn tens of thousands of gold in profit with enchanting and that is just buying "

Not on my server creating the temporal crystals makes like 5 gold each ... 20 dust is like 85g crystals sell for 90g
    Enchants are even cheaper than the mats on my AH atm..

Hmm ya I could see JC do well I gues..

Thanks for the input.

My AH is flooded with hexweave bags they are currently 1600G... doesnt really seem worth it eather

Deleted
    I think it will depend on the demand for Felblood/Gems a good tip would be to stockpile enchants for 6.2 release week as many raiders will be wanting them for new gear

Quote Originally Posted by Stylepoints View Post
    No money in enchanting...? I turn tens of thousands of gold in profit with enchanting and that is just buying mats from AH and putting up scrolls every week.
    96% of all relevant scrolls on my server sell cheaper than the Mats needed for them. Don't know how I should make money with them (not that I need it, thanks to World of Garrison Craft).

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    96% of all relevant scrolls on my server sell cheaper than the Mats needed for them. Don't know how I should make money with them (not that I need it, thanks to World of Garrison Craft).
    Yes same on my server, might be able to make some prof during the 6.2 release .. but currently useles....

All that is more the communities fault. It's been that way since Vanilla. Just because you can get something easy doesn't mean you sell it cheap. People are so determined to get gold quick that something that can sell for 900g they turn around and sell for 400g. They want their gold within minutes of throwing it on the AH. Give it the 24-48 hours. People desperate for something will buy it. There is plenty of gold for most to spend too, people once again just want things super cheap/quick. I mean if you're leveling tailoring in BC you need netherweave, you'd think it would sell for a good sum of gold. I mean for me it always dropped at a super low rate unless I raided. So higher level people run the raids super quick and toss the cloth on there for barely above vendor price. Think people, what's the point of selling something barely above vendor cost. Yeah, you made 4g more than when you vendored whereas you could have easily made 20g.
    The current crafted gear is super cheap now because BRF is out, okay, they still need to have the item level to get into it. Crafted gear can have its stats changed to match more specifically what people need/want. So even though its only 640 at start before leveling by the end most crafted gear is BiS. So why sell it super cheap? Oh yeah, they want their gold quick. Crafted gear's prices have dropped insanely levels. Here's the thing though, there are always new people hitting max level or new to the game, they don't know the difference between that stuff.... sell it for a nice high price and it will sell. Go for 1600-2000 gold and it will sell, but no, people throw them on there for 400-900 gold. Its stupid....

Agree with you I just cancel my actions when prices get to low and wait few day...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I gave up with Enchanting on silvermoon. There are at least 3 AH bots in there that undercut me in literally seconds. I'm unable to sell a thing and they never get banned for this either (almost certain this is a bot, he's up like 18 hours a day - from 8 AM to very late night hours)

At least gear upgrades still sell decently and for good money. No botting undercuts there, they're too pussy to sell big items.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I gave up with Enchanting on silvermoon. There are at least 3 AH bots in there that undercut me in literally seconds. I'm unable to sell a thing and they never get banned for this either (almost certain this is a bot, he's up like 18 hours a day - from 8 AM to very late night hours)

At least gear upgrades still sell decently and for good money. No botting undercuts there, they're too pussy to sell big items.
    Could just be someone with the mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    All that is more the communities fault. It's been that way since Vanilla. Just because you can get something easy doesn't mean you sell it cheap. People are so determined to get gold quick that something that can sell for 900g they turn around and sell for 400g. They want their gold within minutes of throwing it on the AH. Give it the 24-48 hours. People desperate for something will buy it. There is plenty of gold for most to spend too, people once again just want things super cheap/quick. I mean if you're leveling tailoring in BC you need netherweave, you'd think it would sell for a good sum of gold. I mean for me it always dropped at a super low rate unless I raided. So higher level people run the raids super quick and toss the cloth on there for barely above vendor price. Think people, what's the point of selling something barely above vendor cost. Yeah, you made 4g more than when you vendored whereas you could have easily made 20g.
    The current crafted gear is super cheap now because BRF is out, okay, they still need to have the item level to get into it. Crafted gear can have its stats changed to match more specifically what people need/want. So even though its only 640 at start before leveling by the end most crafted gear is BiS. So why sell it super cheap? Oh yeah, they want their gold quick. Crafted gear's prices have dropped insanely levels. Here's the thing though, there are always new people hitting max level or new to the game, they don't know the difference between that stuff.... sell it for a nice high price and it will sell. Go for 1600-2000 gold and it will sell, but no, people throw them on there for 400-900 gold. Its stupid....
    it not stupid - its been always like this - prices after expansion launch are crazy high (and this time around they went crqazy because very few people pushed to 11x96lv for maximizing garrison crafting) and then with time stabilize on much much lower values - thats why most of people who make a lot of gold do it in first 2-3 weeks of expansion and then cba to bother with it till next expansion. after all if you pushed to 2-3 mln on launch of WoD you wont have anything to spend this gold on anyway unless you will buy cuting edge+mount -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    There are peeps that do literally nothing but play the AH, it is their version of "getting high".

If you had enough gold, keep listing lower until they don't undercut...then buy up every one of their enchants and relist at your price. Might take a couple million to displace them