Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Realms / Season realms

Greetings everyone.

I want to begin a discussion about Mythic Realms / Season Realms. This is a discussion for Mythic players but if you are not one feel free to give your positive or negative feedback.

What would Mythic Realms be like?
    - No LFD/LFR
    - No Flex/normal/heroic raids
    - Just 1 difficulty raid.
    - Just 2 difficulty 5 man modes.

5 man work has your way to go before raids. You have 2 level entry here, because you will raid mythic. First you do normal 5 man dungeons (they should be hard like 5 man HC) after you gear up with crafted/reputation/5 man normal gear you can start 5 man HC (witch should be at the Challenge modes difficulty)

Rewards should be raised since we dealing with harder content and you need the gear to raid at the mythic level.
    Certain 5 mans could also be turned harder in this realms so that you can raise the loot reward.

- You can do multiple 5mans peer day but you can only be rewarded for the first time you killed a boss that day.(competitive wise may not be a good choice this is more of a personal preference because since LFD came out i haven't been able to dedicate the time i wanted into alts or PVP and spend more time repeating the same dungeons and getting burned until that 1% upgrade dropped I would rather do it once a day and spend the rest of my time doing other things or playing another game)

- People seeking upgrades should work at their professions or buy crafted in AH/trade chat or simply work their way with reputation gear.

- By not locking you from entering the same 5man dungeon you can still help out friends and guild mates or simply work on achievements.

This will provide a challenging raid environment without too much burn out, you can't cheese your way to last boss and complete the game or simply spoil fights, you must kill every boss at the max difficulty to progress.

What would Season realms be like?

- They would be the same as Mythic realms only every time a new raid patch gets out your character gets a reset.
    - It will work much like Diablo III seasons only you won't start level 1, you start at max level with 1000G and a green full set.
    - Every time a new patch comes out you must complete the previews raids. To progress.

In this realms the previews Raids would reset every day so you can catch up faster to the current content.

THERE WILL BE LEADER BOARDS FOR THE TOP GUILDS AND PLAYERS IN THIS KIND OF REALMS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just my idea of a challenging game without too much burn out and without screwed the more "relax" player base.

Only Mythic guilds and players wanting challenges should be playing on this realms.
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2015-05-28 at 02:33 PM.

Mythic realms actually sound fun but come with their own set of problems.

Season sounds gross.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Season sounds gross.

The problems could be get improved.

Not a fan of season myself just another variant to Mythic realms. It would be more focused on guild vs guild competition for the leader boards, since every new patch there would be a reset on first kills and boss time kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    This is just my idea of a challenging game without too much burn out
    You mean significantly quicker burnout? Also, how would normal-realms do without a ton of the Mythic raiders? This just spells BAD on all levels. It doesn't work in an MMO like it does for D3...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

That mythic realm will be a ghost town in about 3 weeks flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Season sounds gross.
    opposite for me. season realms sound awesome because it opens the door for a vanilla or bc season once in a while.

Mythic realm sounds fun but you forget the vast majority of wow players aren't good enough for mythic content. So my guess is it ends up being a ghost town.. Especially since the people who do mythic sent the people who get burned out doing heroic anyway.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be nice if they got a little more creative with the game by implementing seasons akin to Path of Exile which have unique attributes to make it worth doing. Not just being mythic-only but interesting twists to modify gameplay for either the players or the mobs.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

If your rules on a mythic realm are no LFR/LFG, no Normal or Heroic raids, then you have that right now. Just don't join those groups.

I think his point though is that this would allow mythic players to gear for mythic without having to get burned out running easier raids to get gear which allows them to be useful for a mythic raid.

Deleted
    Mythic Highmaul would be impossible for any guild with only blue gear.

I don't think you would get enough of the right players there. They would be flooded by middle to low end players looking for a quick in with a great group. Because of the issues this would cause for recruitment I don't see many or any very strong guilds giving it a try.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Its a bad idea and would never happen
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Segregating players for any reason is dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You mean significantly quicker burnout? Also, how would normal-realms do without a ton of the Mythic raiders? This just spells BAD on all levels. It doesn't work in an MMO like it does for D3...
    Why do normal realms need Mythic raiders? Someone else will grab the opportunity move the economy in the AH no worries.

You can't get a quicker burnout you will raid less, gear upgrades will only came from 1 place. There will be no more LFR/Flex/normal/Heroic to complete set bonus or for that 0.5% upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    That mythic realm will be a ghost town in about 3 weeks flat.
    I think it will be safe to assume that top guilds will move to this realm, and people hoping to join Mythic guilds will move there too. There is only one difficulty people who want challenge will get challenge.

You will be surprised by the amount of people who love challenge and are ok with wiping and wiping again and again. There is a reason why the Soul games are so popular, critics though it would die out fast but it only grow in numbers and has a very very large dedicated community.

That could happen here with WOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Mythic Highmaul would be impossible for any guild with only blue gear.
    I guess you didnt read the part were 5man would be harder and have their drop polls upgraded?

Deleted
    One thing they should do is make certain realms pure-PVE, meaning that PVP is completely prohibited on them, including having no access to instanced PVP content.
    Those realms would become extremely popular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    If your rules on a mythic realm are no LFR/LFG, no Normal or Heroic raids, then you have that right now. Just don't join those groups.
    I guess you are not a Mythic raider or a player used to play in a very competitive environment or you never wiped to a boss with 42 HP, not having enough stats to tank/healer/dps adds and not get overwhelmed by them.
    If any of this sound familiar to you them you know how important a 0.5% upgrade really is and if you add up the 0.5% to each piece of gear you can upgrade you get a bigger % number.

I remember going from normal 5man to Black Temple with a Blue Keepers of Time Reputation Sword, and i was Main Tank, Had to farm a PVP mace eventually to get and upgrade.
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2015-05-28 at 03:30 PM.

- You can do multiple 5mans peer day but you can only be rewarded for the first time you killed a boss that day.(competitive wise may not be a good choice this is more of a personal preference because since LFD came out i haven't been able to dedicate the time i wanted into alts or PVP and spend more time repeating the same dungeons and getting burned until that 1% upgrade dropped I would rather do it once a day and spend the rest of my time doing other things or playing another game)
    I have a ton of alts at max level. I have so many now I don't have the time to dedicate to new ones without neglecting the max level ones. LFD helped me gear and level those alts. If you spend so much time chain running dungeons on one toon, that's a problem concerning impulse control. It's things like that that result in players burning out. They see content and feel they must do it even though they don't have to. If you can control yourself from eating food that's in front of you, you should be able to control yourself from doing dungeons when you don't want to.

As for the mythic realm idea, sure, why not? Put all the guilds going for world firsts on that realm so they can poach from each other and put the lesser mythic players on that realm who think they can compete with the top players while leaving the rest of the realms for the lower peons. I say "realm" and not "realms" because I doubt there would be enough players to support more than 1-2 mythic realms per region. If the mythic realm was cut off from the rest, then there's a chance no realm transfers, either, which would mean if you want to play there, you start from level 1 (or boost to 90), and that also means recruitment is slimmer than it is now. The realm would potentially be as dead as what many believe vanilla/TBC servers would be, but hey, why not? If Blizzard did one and it crashed and burned, then Blizzard can use that against players later if it's requested again. Blizzard wants to take risks now so why not go for it?

If mythic realms were added, though, then chances are these people would want to be ultra special snowflakes. So what would they get if they come out on top at the end of a raiding tier? A super cool mount? A title? It'd have to be something they can show off on the peon realms or else what's the point? What would people get for just attempting to participate on those realms? Blizzard would have to put a carrot for people to chase since many might not want to start fresh on a new realm with absolutely nothing. Arena tournament realms at least get a pet so mythic or seasonal realms would likely have to give something similar, although if it were a mount or pet, then you'd get the mount and pet collectors going there even if they have no business there. They'd also have to be careful or they'd alienate even more players, but they've done a good job on that already.

While I'm for Blizzard putting in a hardcore realm with harsh settings even though it's a realm I'd never touch, I don't see it happening just because Blizzard has no interest in maintaining something like that. What's funny is that they increased the iLvL drops in raids for Asia back in Cata (if I remember right, or was it MoP?) so it was more rewarding for them, so effectively did two separate raiding tiers with the same tier. So why can't they do something like that here? I'm sure there demand. Question is if Blizzard wants to do it.

There's also the issue of Blizzard being terrible at tuning things. They swing one way and tune something too hard only to swing back the other way and make it too easy. Either Blizzard would tune mythic realms to be impossible resulting in complaints or they'd tune it too easy resulting in even more complaints. If Blizzard can't get tuning right as is (although, personally, I see no issue with their tuning now, but that's me), how can they get something like mythic realms right? Back when Blizzard added mastery, the excuse was it was to be used as a knob they could turn when adjusting classes. How often do they change mastery these days? Instead, they buff/nerf other spells rather than a stat they put in so they could buff/nerf that instead. Blizzard's terrible at tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    opposite for me. season realms sound awesome because it opens the door for a vanilla or bc season once in a while.
    Now that's a good point, I took him literal as starting at max level.

That could be interesting having it start you in a different xpac every season and you're just locked in at max level for that xpac and then people race through that xpacs content. Would be difficult to do with the classes constantly changing though (I'd assume they wouldn't plan to recreate each patch, so you'd just have to deal with a baseline for the whole seasons xpac).

Realistically the only people that'd be great for is the people competing for worlds during their down time between current raids since it'd give them something more to do besides raiding the same raid on 6 alts. Which would then ruin the competition for everyone else since they play ludicrous hours.

But it could be nice just for the change of pace every once in a while for everyone else as a non-competitive thing. Maybe something to open during content droughts?
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2015-05-28 at 03:23 PM.

How do you get your guild into mythics without having normal/heroic raids to gear up in the first tier? How do you get your alts geared up to mythic raid later without normal heroics? The entire ideal of locking out difficulties to make sure you are the only kind of raider on the server is stupid. God forbid you have a playerbase to go get stuff like mats that you don't personally want to do.

It's like the stupid ideal of a rich people only island, the rich people get there and realize there is no one to serve them breakfast, no one to drive their limos, no one to clean their beds and no one to buy things from because there are no poor people, just a lot of rich people who havent bathed in years because you can't build a house out of bank accounts if no one one the island is a house builder.

Mythic servers already exist, everyone knows which realms have the highest population of raiders which feeds the roster boss. If you are on a tiny server with a mythic guild then you are doing it wrong.

Not only do you need lower difficulties to level up your alts but you need lower difficulties in case someone finds out they like raiding and pursue how to be the best raider they can be and they work their way from the bottom to the top. Even Major league baseball has minor league farm teams, a place that you can find new talent, send injured talent until they get better and a place where guys who are just not good enough can get the training they need to be better and get into major league games.

Nothing in this thread has been thought out in advance as to what kind of effect it would have on your personal game because you are incapable of understanding how the bottom of the pyramid sustains the top of the pyramid.

Why the fuck would anyone want a mythic only server? So you can all stand around showing off the same shit that everyone else has?
    "Hey, check out my legendary sword..."
    "Yeah I got one too."
    "Well how about this Mythic wolf mount?"
    "Everyone in my guild has one of those."
    "Do you have all of mythic tier 3?"
    "Dude, are you even looking at my character? Every warlock on this server has that."
    "Oh... well how about... fuck it, I'm going to server change so I can actually have people to brag to."
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-05-28 at 03:28 PM.