Poll: Why do you not want to raid mythic?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Getting 20+ people together that can raid at that level at the same time while getting along and playing required classes/specs is next to impossible on my server. Some of this is a hangover from long running old 40 then 25 then 10 man groups having people that want to only do set roles. If mythic required 5 tanks or something like that it might be possible.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    My server just got their Realm First Mythic Imperator kill like 2 days ago.

And even if I didn't live on an RP server, I don't want to deal with applications, alt requirements, playing on a schedule, and people analyzing my meters 24/7.
    This. Raiding guilds I used to be in took me on trial runs in Kara/Naxx, and then would recruit me or not. They didn't really have high standards beyond "don't be stupid".

I miss those days.

Scheduling. Tried it before and it sucks the fun out of it. Its a game not a job.

Picked scheduling, and that I really don't care much once I've seen bosses on a single difficulty.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scheduling. When I was 18 years old I could justify scheduling around raiding for imaginary pixels in a video game. Now that I'm closing in on 30, I can't do that anymore. Telling friends and family that I can't EVER do anything with them on Wednesday/Thursday nights because I have to slay imaginary dragons in my MMORPG is preposterous. Scheduling around raiding, jumping through hoops, meeting attendance goals in a video game, are just not compatible with my adult lifestyle.

And that doesn't just apply to Mythic, it applies to any form of organized raiding.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too busy IRL , can't put time and effort for mythic progression + being unsubbed from 6.1
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Voted 'other'. raid bosses have too many mechanics for no other purpose than to have more mechanics. the raid journal has grown exponentially since wrath. fights just feel overly bloated with mechanics.

they arent so much hard, just more than there needs to be. i feel having so many mechanics detracts from allowing a fight to be defined by a few exclusive ones.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *wipes tears of laughter from eye*

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Journal
    "The Dungeon Journal, sometimes referred to as the Encounter Journal, was introduced in Patch 4.2.0. It lists the phases, abilities, and loot of bosses in both raid instances and dungeons. Notably, the journal does not directly specify tactics to overcome the abilities, leaving the players to figure out the encounter strategy on their own. Each expansion has its own background color."

Patch 4.2.0
    "Patch 4.2.0 contains the Firelands raid, and is the end of Arena season 9."

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *wipes tears of laughter from eye*

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Journal
    "The Dungeon Journal, sometimes referred to as the Encounter Journal, was introduced in Patch 4.2.0. It lists the phases, abilities, and loot of bosses in both raid instances and dungeons. Notably, the journal does not directly specify tactics to overcome the abilities, leaving the players to figure out the encounter strategy on their own. Each expansion has its own background color."

Patch 4.2.0
    "Patch 4.2.0 contains the Firelands raid, and is the end of Arena season 9."
    The poster you're mocking is 100% correct. WoW has heaped complexity atop complexity for no sake but its own since Cataclysm, to the huge detriment of the game.

Roster boss. And it works both sides - let me explain. I am raiding mythic now, but to me it looks like it comes to an end. To be able to even try mythic mode, we had to merge three 10-man heroic guilds. It was a pain in the ass, most idiotic job I've ever done in my life, dealing with all that dumbasses, tanks who want to tank and never go dps, healers who want to only heal and never go dps, dps who suddenly decided to reroll to another class when two days left to a start of mythic progression, loot whores who are playing only for purple shinies and starting drama every time they don't get something, slackers who don't want to use microphone, etc, etc. So, for your usual 10 man heroic guild, converting to Mythic was actually the hardest challenge of said mythic. And, knowing what it takes to deal with people, reward is just not worth it. That is 10-man's side of coin.

Now for another side of the coin, for ex-25 man guilds. To ensure that mythic raids are happening, you have to maintain at least a 25 raiders, of which five men will unevitably warm the bench. If you think it is fun to go to raid to just sit near raid entrance and watch movies in alt+tab for three hours, well it is not. If you think it is fun to be that person who maintains rotation of bench warmers - you are wrong. I feel like I have a second job both as an HR and as a psychiatrist at the same time, and I hate having to deal with people - literally, wiping their tears, promising them raid spot and/or loot on next cooldown, comforting them, being a target of their rage all the time. During me playing 10-man, I really loved my raid, every raid member was like a colleague of mine. Now, I feel like I have to play with a bunch of crybabies, I hate like 60% of my raidmembers, but I have to pretend I like them because dramas and quarrels are bad for progression. That is 25-man side of the coin.

Seriously, I think if Mythic was flex, it would be endlessly better. So, although I raid mythic currently, I voted for Other - roster boss is why people do not want to raid mythic.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Roster and schedule management has been and will always be the biggest ball breakers in terms of max difficulty raiding (for me), followed by other people shutting their brains off on what should be farm content, causing hours of wasted time. I'm talking about fights that had been cleared and even one shot for weeks, only to come in one day and have everyone forget everything about said fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you spend 2-3 months progressing to get HC on farm, my motivation to START OVER in Mythic is really small.
    The easier HC is, the more I am interested in Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    The poster you're mocking is 100% correct. WoW has heaped complexity atop complexity for no sake but its own since Cataclysm, to the huge detriment of the game.
    Give me one example of something too complex in WoW. Im in the mood for more laughs.

Also the poster I was mocking is completely full of shit since they claimed the DJ has been around "since wrath"

Work schedule won't allow it.

Scheduling sucks and finding 19 other people who are skilled enough to clear it but aren't complete pains in the ass to interact with on a regular basis is difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Oh well I read this sentence too late: "(This is for people "not WANTING" to do mythic, but could do it right now if they wanted)".

In a few words: too much work for not much. I wear LFR gear and I am satisfied with it. I have no problem dealing with mobs when I complete various quests. Considering I do not have any interest to run normal, how can I be interested in mythic then?

Biggest reason why I don't raid in organized group: I like to do what I want, when I want and for the time I want. I tried a bit flex raid during Siege for 3-4 months. It was fun but for a time.
    Last edited by Baine; 2015-05-28 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    Too many rude players, I've gotten too old to deal with them. Blizzard fosters the toxic environment, seeing as how ignoring a bully in real life doesn't work the same has happened in game. Folks don't want to group because the larger the group the odds are you'll have at least 2 jerks ruining things. This is not fun for me nor worth amy purple gear with RNG stats.
    Every time i read a post like this my knee jerk reaction is that your definition of "rude" is someone telling you that your casting the wrong spells, using the wrong spec, taking too much damage, and/or doing too little damage.

If that is what you are talking about that is not being rude - in most cases it is stating facts if they actually care about killing the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    Has it, though? Putricide had as many mechanics as most raid bosses now, and was considered a fantastic fight. Two intermission phases with two different ooze debuffs, plus a hit rating debuff AoE to dodge, plus a bouncing debuff mechanic, plus the knockback/explosion when oozes reach targets, plus the pools. Final phase is more AoE chucks plus expanding pools and soft enrage damage. Lich King was chocablok full of mechanics too. Since Wrath (and to a lesser extent BC), every tier has included a handful of very complex bosses, not including the end boss which is generally always a laundry list of mechanics since BC.

The only fights these past tiers that have 'too many' mechanics have been Paragons and Iron Maidens, both of which just have a humongous procession of mechanics. Maidens is the simpler fight of the two, but still.

The complexity is certainly not just for the sake of it, either; what are the easiest bosses this tier? Kargath, Gruul, Oregorger? All three share the fact that they have mechanics that can be counted on one hand in common. They aren't necessarily bad fights, but you cannot genuinely difficult fight with only a handful of mechanics. At that point, in order to make a fight 'difficult' the few mechanics present have to be very cheesy and unforgiving. That's not fun or interesting, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Has it, though? Putricide had as many mechanics as most raid bosses now, and was considered a fantastic fight. Two intermission phases with two different ooze debuffs, plus a hit rating debuff AoE to dodge, plus a bouncing debuff mechanic, plus the knockback/explosion when oozes reach targets, plus the pools. Final phase is more AoE chucks plus expanding pools and soft enrage damage. Lich King was chocablok full of mechanics too. Since Wrath (and to a lesser extent BC), every tier has included a handful of very complex bosses, not including the end boss which is generally always a laundry list of mechanics since BC.

The only fights these past tiers that have 'too many' mechanics have been Paragons and Iron Maidens, both of which just have a humongous procession of mechanics. Maidens is the simpler fight of the two, but still.

The complexity is certainly not just for the sake of it, either; what are the easiest bosses this tier? Kargath, Gruul, Oregorger? All three share the fact that they have mechanics that can be counted on one hand in common. They aren't necessarily bad fights, but you cannot genuinely difficult fight with only a handful of mechanics. At that point, in order to make a fight 'difficult' the few mechanics present have to be very cheesy and unforgiving. That's not fun or interesting, really.
    too much logic please delete mmo champ account

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Schedule
    2. Other - Guilds and their endless drama

Normal and Heroic are puggable when and where I feel like doing them.

Guilds... aside from the voice chat annoying people (and there's always at least one in every guild), there's the issue of wiping over and over because 1 or 2 people simply cannot do it right. At least in N and H when you're working with a crossrealm group of friends, you can much more easily replace people who can't perform, much more easily than in guilds where there are all kinds of loyalties and alliances in play.
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2015-05-28 at 08:57 PM.

I cheated. I am currently in a mythic team but am very close to leaving due to massive burnout and poor raid team performance.

The reason I want to stop is... I was bored of the content after heroic. To many difficulty sliders.