New to Rift, Help???

I'm new to Rift and I just want some general info on it. Like what classes are good and bad, what server I should join, and whats the game like in pvp and pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychion View Post
    Like what classes are good and bad
    Depends on what you're doing. In general, especially if/when you buy the Storm Legion/Nightmare Tide souls" all of the callings are effective. Even with the base souls, all the callings can pretty effectively perform any of the roles they are capable of (mages heal/support/dps, cleric tank/heal/dps, rogue tank/support/damage, warrior tank/support/damage). Which souls are the best for that for each calling can vary from patch to patch, but for casual play you will have no problems. It's more a matter of what flavor you enjoy most.

what server I should join
    While this depends on your region (NA/EU), it doesn't matter that much. You can change servers free once per week (per character) and guilds advertise across multiple servers (since you can chat and group cross server and guest on other servers too).

whats the game like in pvp and pve.
    Can't speak to PvP at all (since I hated it last I did it) or raiding (I'm lazy), but it's an enjoyable BC-era second generation MMO. There's plenty of open world content at max level and plenty of opportunities to group up for dungeons/raids etc.

Deleted
    PvP is not that good, PvE is challenging however it is not bug free. Every class is, though not perfectly, balanced in terms of similarity. At any point in time, you can switch to different souls in Rift.