Deleted

Starting new rogue alt, speccs and beginner tips?

Hi guys, after deciding on a melee alt to play ( main a holy paladin ), I have chosen rogue due to aesthetics and variety of speccs. One thing I am unsure of is, what speccs are currently seeing use in raiding and possible which will see use in 6.2 and beyond. I have played assassination and combat back in mop and had a blast. I've heard sub is best single target and combat for cleave? This is a shame for me as I would like the choice of assassination as well if it isn't too far behind.

Also, if you guys have any tips for gearing rogues (different weapons and speeds etc, not sure about that's stuff) and any useful resources for rogues that are specific to rogues? I look at icy veins summon stone etc.

Thanks if you can help a new roguey rogue!

Deleted
    If your leveling I would suggest assassination, easy to play no positional requirements and does a lot of damage while levelling outside of its CD. Also if your levelling take the glyph of deadly momentum as this will help you train mobs for faster levelling
    Taking the rogue into a raiding environment its currently best to play sub/combat spec purely evaluate of the fights in BRF and how they both sync well with multistrike meaning don't need two sets of gear

However, in 6.2 although it's looking like sub will still e top dps for ST, the raiding specs look like they will be assassination and combat. This is down to assassination not being to far behind sub and will benefit the most in HFC due to the types of fight. This may change if any nerfs or buffs are thrown in the rogue direction but just keep up to date and I'm sure you can find out.

Hope this helps

Deleted
    Thanks friend, I am levelling as assassination and its pretty chilled out. Combat seems interesting, is it a lot different? Plays faster or anything like that?

If you're leveling via dungeons go combat.
    Toggle Blade Flurry and rape the recount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Combat plays a bit faster than Assassination, it should be just as viable for leveling as long as you have the right weapons for it (non-daggers preferably in both hands). You could Dual Spec eventually and try it out too, see which you like better!

Quote Originally Posted by Nesharil View Post
    Combat plays a bit faster than Assassination, it should be just as viable for leveling as long as you have the right weapons for it (non-daggers preferably in both hands). You could Dual Spec eventually and try it out too, see which you like better!
    Dual spec is a good idea. Mainly for killing spree. On difficult quest bosses, that normally require a couple people, you could spec combat and evasion -> killing spree and it really helps out.

Otherwise as said above, assassination is a solid leveling spec and was my favorite spec. Get the glyph that renews slice and dice and recuperate after a killing blow and you generally have no downtime for getting your health back.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__