Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What If: Follower Tokens Account Wide.

As the title suggests, do you know if in 6.2, follower tokens will be Account wide or not. My main is literally overflowing with Tokens, but still waiting maybe this exchange with my other toons is maybe implemented... kinda hard to level all alts followers, when you have all 10 characters standing at 100..

was really hoping for this change but from what i remember they said they are not
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Use them on your non upgraded followers and vendor the rest.

Nope, Blizz said they have no intention of making them account wide, in fact. Now, I believe follower ilvl cap is being raised in 6.2 so save them for that, then after all your followers are maxed to the new level, sell the rest.

Deleted
    FWIW, at least the 645 tokens are being sold for gold in 6.2, so you can use that as a jumpstart.

Nope follower lvl is not getting raised in 6.2 since the HFC missions and stuff will be obtained thru Shipyard

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    FWIW, at least the 645 tokens are being sold for gold in 6.2, so you can use that as a jumpstart.
    Yep, have to add those gold sinks instead of allowing people to use stuff for alts they have already earned, good thing we can buy gold indirectly from Blizz now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
    Nope follower lvl is not getting raised in 6.2 since the HFC missions and stuff will be obtained thru Shipyard
    They are adding new follower missions to the garrison as well, and it stands to reason some of them will have higher ilvl. I know I've seen a PTR screenshot of a follower who had a higher than 675 ilvl as well, seems an odd thing to fake(since the screenshot wasn't in a discussion about ilvl).

God that fucking baity title. Got so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Yep, have to add those gold sinks instead of allowing people to use stuff for alts they have already earned, good thing we can buy gold indirectly from Blizz now, right?
    thats not it - they need gold sinks since gold is extremly easy this expansion

Literally everyone wants this. I havent heard of one player, ever, opposed to making tokens account wide. It's just another carrot on a stick, a gate on a gate on a gate.

Starting a new toon, the process:
    Level to 90
    Go through tanaan
    Make garrison
    Level to 100
    Wait for GR to pile up
    Upgrade to lvl 2 then 3
    Wait for more GR to pile up
    Slowly build War Mill
    Wait for more GR to pile up
    Put in WM orders
    Wait
    Get tokens

But wait, just in time for the wow token, they put in 645 tokens for gold. This game is straight up gross now. I feel like a tool just logging in anymore. They are taking an mmo and forcing p2w, facebook game marketing and playstyles every single chance they get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard literally explicitly said they are NOT doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Now, I believe follower ilvl cap is being raised in 6.2 so save them for that
    They are NOT being raised. Instead, they'd rather just wipe everyone's hard work by adding the new (and incredibly retarded) shipyard. Because everyone wanted not one but TWO sets of missions to deal with on every character.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    But wait, just in time for the wow token, they put in 645 tokens for gold. This game is straight up gross now. I feel like a tool just logging in anymore. They are taking an mmo and forcing p2w, facebook game marketing and playstyles every single chance they get.
    You could make the same arguement about anything that costs gold in the game. Repair costs ? Must be the WoW tokens. Profession items ? Planned for WoW tokens.

Or, you could more reasonably assume that they're placing 645 tokens for gold in place as a catch up mechanism. And they're doing it with gold since gold sinks are seriously needed with how much gold people make with their garrisons. Really, I make 100k+ a month with only 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    You could make the same arguement about anything that costs gold in the game. Repair costs ? Must be the WoW tokens. Profession items ? Planned for WoW tokens.

Or, you could more reasonably assume that they're placing 645 tokens for gold in place as a catch up mechanism. And they're doing it with gold since gold sinks are seriously needed with how much gold people make with their garrisons. Really, I make 100k+ a month with only 4.
    Neat. Youre like me, have a few alts churning out gold every day. What about the 75%+ of the playerbase that plays maybe 1 100 and a few low lvl alts? And who implemented the gold gains from garrisons? The players?

They are straight up taking bad ideas and piling more bad ideas on top of them to fix the original bad idea. This is not how problem solving works, why are you defending it?

The entirety of 6.0/6.1 was just prep to release the wow token and make it profitable. They made the rich richer so they can buy more tokens for gold, and they made the disparity between poor and rich players bigger to encourage poor players to buy more tokens for money.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, lets be honest here. Alts do not take any real time to level. I can level an alt in about a week of actual game play.

For reference...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Neat. Youre like me, have a few alts churning out gold every day. What about the 75%+ of the playerbase that plays maybe 1 100 and a few low lvl alts? And who implemented the gold gains from garrisons? The players?

They are straight up taking bad ideas and piling more bad ideas on top of them to fix the original bad idea. This is not how problem solving works, why are you defending it?

The entirety of 6.0/6.1 was just prep to release the wow token and make it profitable. They made the rich richer so they can buy more tokens for gold, and they made the disparity between poor and rich players bigger to encourage poor players to buy more tokens for money.
    I love the WoW tokens, with 1 million gold in the bank, I'll never have to pay a subscription fee again.

The thing is though, you don't need all that gold. I have lots of gold, mostly cause I enjoyed making it, but what could I, as a Heroic only raider, realistically use it on ? Uuhs, not much. BoE Mythic bits ? Sure. But why ? I'm not progressing in Mythic, I don't need them

So that leaves what ? Repairs, raid consumables and the one time garrison fees whenever I can be bothered to level another alt.

Beyond that ? Vanity items, which I mostly don't care about, I'd never buy a Spectral Tiger or anything like that, it just doesn't appeal to me.

I guess what I'm getting at is no one seriously NEEDS to buy these tokens for real money, they can just choose to progress at a slower pace - which is perfectly fine if they're casual players. If they're "hardcore" players, we wouldn't be discussing this in the first place since they'd have the gold anyway.

I would never pay 20$ for 40k gold, if someone does that and they get enjoyment out of it, whats the problem ?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Ok, lets be honest here. Alts do not take any real time to level. I can level an alt in about a week of actual game play.
    Even less with full Heirlooms since 6.1. The problem is not levelling the alts. The problem will appear when you have to manage all those lvl3 Garrisons every single day, even with addons.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    With Master Plan, and my garrisons set up as follows for every single alt: Large: Barracks + War Mill, Medium: Trading post + Inn Small: Salvage Yard + Store House + 1 profession Building. It takes me about 2-3 minutes per character to cycle my garrisons. At most I do that twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evenings. So, yes, I do spend about 1 hour a day cycling my garrisons. The result has been quite profitable.

Its something usefull and helps the players out somewhere that is lacking greatly. why would they add it in ATM where the way things are going?