Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    As much as I liked Blitzball in FFX, how could they get it to work in FF14 from a lore perspective which judging by how Yoshida adds things to the game, goes through a lot of consideration.

It works in Spira because people can breath underwater but not sure it would work with FF14.
    Maybe I'm reading too much into your post, but they couldn't naturally breathe underwater. They weren't fish people. Blitzball players trained themselves for that - I believe in the extra ending video for FFX in the International version, there's a scene where Yuna is practicing holding her breath to get better at it herself. I'm pretty sure that when Sin attacked that town on the coast early on that many villagers drowned. There's no reason why the great heroes of Eorzea can't be assumed to have taken the same training, or maybe add in silly intro quests for that.

I also don't think there's any reason mages why can't cast shape air magic to perform water breathing spells specifically for Blitzball, or at least the Moogles.
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2015-06-02 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hide jewellery check box too. Those gold chokers really get on my nerves after a while.
    You use the "emperors new" items to make something invisible there is an item for every slot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I agree with most of those and I'll add this as well:

Refine the glamor system to be more user friendly. Uses too many sub items to use and undo a glamor IMO (I honestly hate going to the AH to have to buy things that do and undo the process with sub items bases on your armor-type. Its a total PITA IMO and the reason I barely use it compared to other MMOs stuff like this). Should be just something I go into a menu and select what I want on the fly like in GW2 (just without the item that game uses). Add a slight gil fee and boom, easy peasy.

More inventory space and possibly just special space for gear/outfits.

Make helms show (as is, not covered up and making helms look awkward) my miqo'te's ears while she's wearing any helmet.
    They did it to keep crafters relevant no matter and give them things to sell if I recall right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    They did it to keep crafters relevant no matter and give them things to sell if I recall right.
    It is, that is also why the "dyable AF" is also from crafter instead of just have your AF dyable or pay to a NPC.

Speaking of which, I hope the new Lv60 AF can be dyed. I need that BLM outfit in RED!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You use the "emperors new" items to make something invisible there is an item for every slot

- - - Updated - - -

That maybe so but the process still sucks compared to the three other MMOs I play and the one I don't anymore (WoW).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    That maybe so but the process still sucks compared to the three other MMOs I play and the one I don't anymore (WoW).
    I olay gw2 as well and honestly I would not mind a. Skin saving feature/wardrobe but I still say keeo glamor crystaks worst case mix em with that

15+ Year Old Account

Make helms show (as is, not covered up and making helms look awkward) my miqo'te's ears while she's wearing any helmet.
    Thats one of the better things in this game,i will take this over ears clipping through the helmets for elves in wow any time of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    Thats one of the better things in this game,i will take this over ears clipping through the helmets for elves in wow any time of the day.
    You honestly think this looks good? Also, goddamnit, for that being the only example I had in my saved album on imgur, LOL. I liked the previous year's helm because it just skips showing the ears altogether.

vs
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I actually thought the covered ears thing was a neat touch. Even GW2 just has them clip through helms (most notably for charr, who suffer from a variety of issues with armor clipping and whatnot).

Add me to the OP's rally call for keeping all skills available when level synced. It's a flabbergastingly massive difference being shrunk down from 40 to even just 37 as a BLM. I have no idea how it affects other classes/jobs (I would figure there are points that it's just as drastic for other jobs).

On the Blitzball note, in GW2 all players have aquabreathers, allowing underwater breathing. I don't see that being a stretch for a game that features airships and what amount to AT-ST walkers, among other technological features.

You honestly think this looks good? Also, goddamnit, for that being the only example I had in my saved album on imgur, LOL. I liked the previous year's helm because it just skips showing the ears altogether.
    I don't mind it so much except on helmets that are intended to look smooth and rounded. Main example is the ninja AF head... meant to look badass and sleek like Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and on Miqo'te it just looks comical... totally kills the aesthetic.

dd me to the OP's rally call for keeping all skills available when level synced.
    Agreed. BLM was the worst offender in my leveling experience, due to the rotation completely changing based on what spells you had available. DRG is similar, but your rotation doesn't change so much as it gets truncated, same with MNK.

I'd love Blitzball so long as there were really cool rewards for doing it. I'm the type that needs more than just "for funsies" to log in and play, I have to be working towards something tangible with my character.

I want to chime in again and say again I agree with an earlier post, that if we have the mats for crafting on the retainer, we should be able to craft without having to play the shuffle of getting them off their inventory and into ours. I have mats scattered between 3 retainers right now lol

"Chocobo Hot and Cold" and "Chocographs" from FF9

Easier way report spammer.

A filter in my crafting list.

A way to create a list of items that I want to craft and in this list it shows all the crafting mats required.

Show the TP of my party members.

A way to punish players that want to be kicked when they act like "this group sucks, if you don't kick me I'll stay AFK".

A jukebox (lol) to houses.

A weather machine to houses (not inside them obviously).

Let my minions run around my house.

Make my chocobo not count as a party member.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Show the TP of my party members.
    I really would love this too as an occasional Ninja player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lvl 50 PLD and using Shield Oath and Protes while farming. Whenever I join a lower level FATE, both buffs fade away and I have to recast them. Pls fix this because I'm lazy. :3

-Social features enabled in instances.
    -Queuing with chocobo out
    -Dps stances for all the tank/healer jobs because tbh it would be nice to get to dps on my paladin or warrior.
    -Side quests reset when you switch to a new job, so you dont have to fate grind 50 levels.
    -Display TP of party members.
    -Better cross class skills

Im sure theres a few more I can come up with If I think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodSense View Post
    -Dps stances for all the tank/healer jobs because tbh it would be nice to get to dps on my paladin or warrior.
    Healers already have access to cleric stance but tanks are getting equivalents to sword oath. They don't plan on making tank classes a competent dps type for balance and role reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodSense View Post
    Hmm I think this would increase queue times for DPS. I don't think dps PAladins and White Mages make sense but just my opinion.

I'd like to see:
    - Speech bubbles
    - Some kind of updated talents other than the current point system. Maybe some WoW talent tree type thing (but without multiple roles).
    - Red Mage
    - Samurai

Throwing my hat in for speech bubbles as well (in case I didn't do so in previous posts).

Only thing I really want added is the option to show or toggle party TP.

Ninja can help with TP, but can't do anything for anyone's MP so only seeing party MP is kinda useless for us.

As much as I liked Blitzball in FFX, how could they get it to work in FF14 from a lore perspective which judging by how Yoshida adds things to the game, goes through a lot of consideration.

It works in Spira because people can breath underwater but not sure it would work with FF14.
    The same answer to all things that have no other lore explanation.....magic. Mages devised a way to allow people to breath under water and are in attemdance at all Blitzball games.