Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    CB does benefit from increased crit chance, it increases its damage. The trinket is 15% buff for CB, which is amazing for CR destro.

It's just bugged currently. Once it works, Destro will be singificantly higher.
    How do you know it's bugged currently and that what we're seeing on PTR isn't how it is going live? Did Blizzard comment on this and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    really good video, hope you continue to make them
    Thank you thank you! I don't plan to do anything else for 6.2 PTR but once it goes Live I intend to do what I (started) for BRF and do a guide for each spec and for each encounter in HFC (once I get familiar with them all). I've currently got Demo Guides for all 10 fights in BRF with the intention to do them all for Destruction and Affliction (I've got the video, just gotta do the audio and the editing lol).

Warlock Specific DPS Video Guides - Owning Blackrock Foundry!
    Interested in improving in BRF? Check out the above link for tips and tricks on optimizing your play for each spec on each encounter! Currently have guides for 10/10 Fights as Demonology, 0/10 Fights as Destruction, 0/10 Fights as Affliction.

CB does benefit from increased crit chance, it increases its damage. The trinket is 15% buff for CB, which is amazing for CR destro.

It's just bugged currently. Once it works, Destro will be singificantly higher.
    The trinket doesn't actually increase your crit chance - it's a debuff on the target and thus cannot be calculated into Chaos Bolt's damage modifier, at least not without some complicated re-coding.

Given that they could have made the buff stack on the Warlock rather than the target, I'd say this is probably intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by DravenCarey View Post
    Thank you thank you! I don't plan to do anything else for 6.2 PTR but once it goes Live I intend to do what I (started) for BRF and do a guide for each spec and for each encounter in HFC (once I get familiar with them all). I've currently got Demo Guides for all 10 fights in BRF with the intention to do them all for Destruction and Affliction (I've got the video, just gotta do the audio and the editing lol).
    That'd be cool, it may also be worth doing some guides for each spec, such as talents, rotation etc, when 6.2 goes live, lots of people find that useful (obviously only if you have time, it's just a suggestion) but yeah excellent work and a very interesting watch
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Check out Brusalk's comment. He wrote a post about this issue on the official forums.

Not only does it not increase your CB damage, but there can only be one debuff per all warlocks in the raid applied to the boss at a time. I doubt this is intentional.

The debuff should increase your critical chance. Whether it is a buff or debuff isn't important; the net benefit should be the same.

If this trinket indeed does not increase CB damage, considering CR Destro will be the prefered choice of Destro spec, this trinket is pointless.

The debuff should increase your critical chance. Whether it is a buff or debuff isn't important; the net benefit should be the same.
    Should, but unfortunately it looks like the game isn't set up to factor crit chance from an outside source into Chaos Bolt's damage calculation. It's just not compatible. Chaos Bolt is based on your own Crit stat, which isn't affected by the trinket.

If this trinket indeed does not increase CB damage, considering CR Destro will be the prefered choice of Destro spec, this trinket is pointless.
    It seems to me that Charred Remains would be pretty overpowered with a passive 13-20% crit chance. That probably being the reason they made the trinket like this.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is Demo still viable after taking such an absurd blow? My current DPS gets cut down from 22K to sub 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Should, but unfortunately it looks like the game isn't set up to factor crit chance from an outside source into Chaos Bolt's damage calculation. It's just not compatible. Chaos Bolt is based on your own Crit stat, which isn't affected by the trinket.

It seems to me that Charred Remains would be pretty overpowered with a passive 13-20% crit chance. That probably being the reason they made the trinket like this.
    Some extremely basic 15min target dummy tests in org comparing all the trinkets puts the Archi trinket a few thousand DPS behind the other trinkets. It's really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    How is Demo still viable after taking such an absurd blow? My current DPS gets cut down from 22K to sub 15.
    In the video I make a note about when and how it's viable but in short, once you get the class trinket and the tier 18 2/4 piece it'll be acceptable (but not what it currently is) provided you're using Demonbolt, or have absurdly good RNG. It will still routinely parse about 10% or so lower than Affliction and Destro (that percentage is a rough guesstimate take it with a grain of salt).

Interested in improving in BRF? Check out the above link for tips and tricks on optimizing your play for each spec on each encounter! Currently have guides for 10/10 Fights as Demonology, 0/10 Fights as Destruction, 0/10 Fights as Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Some extremely basic 15min target dummy tests in org comparing all the trinkets puts the Archi trinket a few thousand DPS behind the other trinkets. It's really bad.
    UGoS +DSI then? or DragonSoul style UGoS+PoF?

Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    I found DSI to have a really, really high uptime and I think it's one of the strongest for CR-destro just because so many of your Chaos Bolts will get to be buffed by it. UGoS/PoF are a lot harder to judge due to their procs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buff please.

Maxim 3:33 PM
    Make sure i can play demo in 6.2 pls : ))
    Zinnin 3:45 PM
    been giving feedback

Deleted
    I really dont understand how PoF even ST keep performing worse than UGoS even as frost mage.. its even 5 ilv higher :/

Just my first impressions giving the trinkets a look:

- Prophecy of Fear 700 ilvl (PoF): this trinket may be useful in an AoE situation however on a target dummy (where every proc was cleaving two mobs) it was moderately weak - only accounting for 8% of my total damage (Incinerate accounted for 13.2%). As far as single target goes, I get MUCH higher DPS with my live trinkets (this will likely change when/if I can get a heroic version fairly early into the tier).

- Unblinking Gaze of Sethe 695 ilvl (UGoS): this trinket may also appear to be useful in an AoE situation however on a single target fight (where it only cleaved one mob) it accounted for 4.8% of my damage, or about half of what PoF did while cleaving two mobs. Now, when cleaving two mobs this went up to 9.2% of my total damage (and ended up being about 30-40% more damage overall than PoF (this is napkin math)). These could easily result in some impressive heavy aoe fights (especially given Destro's sustained AoE capabilities) but as far as ST goes it seems rather decent but overall unimpressive (on the whole I would expect it to be better than PoF from the small amount of testing I've done).

- Desicrated Shadowmoon Insignia 690 ilvl (DSI): despite being only a 690 ilvl this trinket performed really well! As Brusalk mentioned below I also got some impressively high uptimes on this trinket (each proc lasts for 20 seconds and I frequently got them back to back) with a total uptime of about 56% (with some pulls over 60%)! That's not half bad at all for such a high int proc. Expect this to be BiS for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I found DSI to have a really, really high uptime and I think it's one of the strongest for CR-destro just because so many of your Chaos Bolts will get to be buffed by it. UGoS/PoF are a lot harder to judge due to their procs.
    Last edited by DravenCarey; 2015-06-01 at 07:19 AM.

Deleted
    I still fail to see how PoF could be better than UGoS in multitarget situations, assuming decent positioning you'd have same results
    Running both for testing ive found UGoS doing much more dmg than PoF, with the gap proportionally decreasing with the higher cast per minute, with the only exception being the old arcane 4p iteration
    Unless im missing something like particular interactions with other trinkets

Im really curious what you guys found on that matter (if anyone else bothered doing some extensive testing with trinkets)
    Last edited by mmoca338328b01; 2015-06-01 at 08:08 AM.

I still fail to see how PoF could be better than UGoS in multitarget situations, assuming decent positioning you'd have same results
    Running both for testing ive found UGoS doing much more dmg than PoF, with the gap proportionally decreasing with the higher cast per minute, with the only exception being the old arcane 4p iteration
    Unless im missing something like particular interactions with other trinkets

Im really curious what you guys found on that matter (if anyone else bothered doing some extensive testing with trinkets)
    I'm not sure what others have found but in my minimal testing it seems like UGoS does more damage per hit so provided you position yourself well it should do more. Now, if the adds are loosely stacked and "proper positioning" isn't possible then just by the nature of the cleaving nova effect PoF is likely to come out ahead.

Aff w/ SBH+Sup: 38.4k
    Aff w/ Serv+Sup: 35.5k
    Destro w/ Serv+Serv: 36k
    Destro w/ CR+Sac: 36.5k

Looking at your numbers I would assume on fights with lots of moving Serv/Suprem would be the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that Demo T18 4p is still broken and they intentionally nerfed most of the spells in order to shift dmg to pets/demons, resulting in the 25% 2p bonus + summoned demons from 4p bonus + class trinket imps. Without a new ptr build one can only guess if it will be like arcane mages T18 4p heroes which attack for 20-80k per swing.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Aff w/ SBH+Sup: 38.4k
    Aff w/ Serv+Sup: 35.5k
    Destro w/ Serv+Serv: 36k
    Destro w/ CR+Sac: 36.5k

Looking at your numbers I would assume on fights with lots of moving Serv/Suprem would be the way to go.
    I can't say for sure as I've not tried to emulate that with my testing. But that sounds reasonable. However, maintaining SBH with moderate channel time should also be equally viable

Deleted
    SB:H has been outperforming Serv / Sup for most of this tier, so I fully expect it to continue this trend with the incoming Trinket and Set Bonuses. Without full raid buffs and bloodlust it's very hard to judge DPS, especially on a target dummy.