Poll: Most Enjoyable Class to Level In WoD

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Most Enjoyable Class to Level in WoD (Poll)

In your opinion, what do you find to be most enjoyable to level this expansion?

In your comment, what do you find least appealing to level?

So far for me its been 2 handed Frost DK, although that may be because I just steam rolled through everything ( and the spec didn't have massive changes compared to some others)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure as hell isn't a Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Sure as hell isn't a Shaman.
    gotta agree that shaman arent too appealing

Hard to say really. My warlock was so overgeared leveling was a breeze. But when it comes to alts I prefer to level someone that has a tanking off-spec so I can insta queue dungeons if I want (and healing has long queues too now). Leveling a dps only class can take forever because you're always out in the world waiting for queues to pop. I did every single quest on my main but I have no interest in doing them all over again on another toon so dungeons are how I level my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the characters I've been leveling (Paladin, Hunter, Warrior, Mage) I liked my paladin the most. Got the empDS perk first and just steamrolled everything from there no matter how many mobs there were.

As for the least it's a tie between hunter/mage. I learned while leveling my hunter that I absolutely loathe pets, and during my mage adventures I realized I hate casters in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Hard to say really. My warlock was so overgeared leveling was a breeze. But when it comes to alts I prefer to level someone that has a tanking off-spec so I can insta queue dungeons if I want (and healing has long queues too now). Leveling a dps only class can take forever because you're always out in the world waiting for queues to pop. I did every single quest on my main but I have no interest in doing them all over again on another toon so dungeons are how I level my alts.
    I thought WoD dungeons gave ridiculously little xp. Did they change that or am I just mistaken?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid.

Starfall. Starfall. Starfall.

Oh and when you're done hitting Starfall, press Starfall again.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

i have a level 100 of every class and i'd put DK, paladin, and hunter at the top in terms of "it was easy enough to never be frustrating" which i suppose translates to "fun".
    monk, shaman, mage, and spriest would be at the bottom, the rest of the classes somewhere in the middle.

I don't understand what WoD has to do with anything?

I have 7 100's so far, and the leveling experience has never changed. All classes pretty much work the same as they always have (while leveling). For the last 3 expansions, at least.

Polls like this will just translate into favorite class, or who people main. Only someone who has leveled each class to 100 could vote on it to be accurate.
    Last edited by ablib; 2015-05-31 at 07:43 PM.

So far, my rogue was an absolute blast. And rogue is by far my least played class. There's no content in the game that suits the style of subtlety better than leveling, where low health mobs ensure you take full advantage of the strength of Find Weakness. Add marked for death on top of that, and it is utter gravy. So much fun. Wish I could take my rogue back down to 90 and level her again, since she's sitting around at level cap like she always does, while I raid with other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post

Leveled several here lately, really aren't that slow if you maximize your time. For instance, I gained nearly two levels last night on my Elemental Shaman just by waiting on a 20 minute queue and running that instance. Especially if you get into an area with lots of quick hit quests and treasure to loot while you wait it will actually be faster than just running back to back instances, especially if you have full Heirlooms.

My Priest and I had a blast leveling through WoD ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are always the easiest to level, warlocks next. In general pet classes surpass anything in ease of leveling to me. Otherwise I wouldn't have 3 hunters and 3 locks spread out over 3 servers.

Of course since I love leveling in BG's it's easy to see why hunters are a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't understand what WoD has to do with anything?

I have 7 100's so far, and the leveling experience has never changed. All classes pretty much work the same as they always have (while leveling). For the last 3 expansions, at least.

Polls like this will just translate into favorite class, or who people main. Only someone who has leveled each class to 100 could vote on it to be accurate.
    Have to disagree. In addition to spec changes that WoD made to a lot of classes, we now have access to level 90 talents that have varying strength for leveling specifically. Marked for Death is a game-changer for rogues. Holy prism is outstanding cleave for ret (actually leveling is virtually the only time you'd ever take that talent as ret), etc, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ret paladin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by karspearhollow View Post
    Have to disagree. In addition to spec changes that WoD made to a lot of classes, we now have access to level 90 talents that have varying strength for leveling specifically. Marked for Death is a game-changer for rogues. Holy prism is outstanding cleave for ret (actually leveling is virtually the only time you'd ever take that talent as ret), etc, etc.
    The point is, nothing really has changed. Shit dies fast. You move on. Evey expansion things get shaken up and things change. I thought Anticipation was better than Marked for Death, but in the end, leveling my rogue from 85-90 wasn't any slower or less enjoyable without Anticipation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, nothing really has changed. Shit dies fast. You move on. Evey expansion things get shaken up and things change. I thought Anticipation was better than Marked for Death, but in the end, leveling my rogue from 85-90 wasn't any slower or less enjoyable without Anticipation.
    In early WoD Shaman was brutal level up, people gave up once they hit Spire of Arak, it was literally that bad. An ele shaman would almost die to a bat. Enhance was a little better but not by much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death knight, always, but that's MY class, so not surprising it's my favorite to level.

lolwut?

Anyway, Marked for Death is better for leveling than anticipation because, assuming you can use them, you get an instant 5cp on every mob you fight. Leveling with my rogue was basically: premed, teleport to target with cheap shot, hemo once, evis, mfd, evis, oh it's dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a rogue as an alt which became my main, then I quit because WoD.

But I liked the playstyle, you had all the cooldowns of a tank but were a melee DPS. It was neat.

Also Glyph of stealth/cloak and dagger/ Glyph of momentum and nightstalker made leveling fun, stealth ambush tab repeat. no wait no damage no moving just teleporting 1 shots with no downtime. Was so fun.