WoW Alternatives

So I played WoW for almost 10 years up until a few months ago. I did get WoD, but I only played it for a couple of weeks before circumstances prevented me from playing. I'm itching something awful to play again, but I can't allocate money or time to WoW like I used to be able to, so I'm looking for some alternatives, preferably something free or that doesn't have a sub fee (I do have GW2, but I haven't tried it since launch). It would also be nice to play something I can do for 30 minutes or an hour a day and still be enjoyable. Anyone have suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it really depends on what kind of MMO you are looking for.
    Sandbox, action, hotkey.
    Is WoW the only mmo that you have played before? What parts of WoW do you want to find in another game? Do you prefer pvp or pve?

Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    So I played WoW for almost 10 years up until a few months ago. I did get WoD, but I only played it for a couple of weeks before circumstances prevented me from playing. I'm itching something awful to play again, but I can't allocate money or time to WoW like I used to be able to, so I'm looking for some alternatives, preferably something free or that doesn't have a sub fee (I do have GW2, but I haven't tried it since launch). It would also be nice to play something I can do for 30 minutes or an hour a day and still be enjoyable. Anyone have suggestions?
    Neverwinter Online has some of the most fun 30 minute dungeons out there.
    Since Cryptic is the master of scaling tech (no one is every close to them) the queue times for dungeons is instant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Probably Wildstar, it still has the holy trinity from WoW, so basic gameplay mechanics should feel familiar. It also has action combat from GW2 and Tera and such to keep things fresh. It's the polar opposite to WoW or almost, leveling takes longer and there is tons of content to do.

It's not free to play yet but it ain't that expensive either, 15€ for game and another for sub, or you could try looking for a cheap gametime card from somewhere. Goes F2P later this year. You can already also play via in-game currency though.
    How would wildstar work for him?
    "something I can do for 30 minutes or an hour a day and still be enjoyable."
    Doesn't sound like HC raiding.
    And let's be honest, wildstar may have added a little bit of end game for smaller groups like veteran ship hands but the game is still about raiding.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -