Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like OP's artwork myself. The meme is painted in such a way as to capture the meme's state of mind. Seems like you could sell that by the print or make tee shirts and sell those. Attend comic conventions, get a booth and try to sell stuff there.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Memes are quickly forgotten in the face paced world of the internet, they probably last a few months then people rarely use them. I mean you don't see people saying "arrow to the knee" anymore do you?

Kickstarter and patreon have been around for quite a while and it seems like they are here to stay. They also do quite a bit of good in the creative community.

15+ Year Old Account
    To me Kickstarter filled a market gap for platform-based crowdfunding, it's synonymous for a type of running crowdfunding projects online but it's not the only crowdfunding site anymore with at least IndieGoGo deserving an honourable mention at least among smaller other and older ones. Even if it were not there someone would fill that market gap anyway. The way I see it it's the type of funding which attracts a certain type of behaviour at the expense of honest project teams. It is obvious that there's always a risk involved and equally there are benefits. For those with genuine interests it's for instance a way to dodge dependency on venture capital companies with their sometimes crazy growth expectations.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    There are three people I support on Patreon because they make a living out of something that isn't otherwise particularly lucrative due to things like adblocker blocking site income, and I'm both happy to support them and know that letting them use what they do as a career instead of a side project gets more content and better content out.
    Brilliantly put.

Breeding Original Content.
    -K

How else am I going to support the creators of my favorite fantasy 80s post punk erotica?

Deleted
    https://www.patreon.com/sakimichan?ty=h

Lord!!!
    No job can compete with that, she makes more than doctors and lawyers. Unless you're a celebrity.
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2015-06-01 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post

Lord!!!
    No job can compete with that, she makes more than doctors and lawyers. Unless you're a celebrity.
    I wont lie, her art is really top notch for someone on patreon. Thats something I could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post

Lord!!!
    Closing in a $1m a year... For drawing. I need to become good at something people enjoy.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Not really sure what Patreon is, but I have donated to a Kickstarter (Just one, for the Blue Mountain State movie), I'm guessing it is something similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not really sure what Patreon is, but I have donated to a Kickstarter (Just one, for the Blue Mountain State movie), I'm guessing it is something similar?
    Patreon is essentially a subscription. You can also do a one-time donation, but the majority of people pay a monthly fee to an artist/person/etc.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Closing in a $1m a year... For drawing. I need to become good at something people enjoy.
    Tax will take a shitload of it. I'd cry inside, but still nice money!

I think she had a big following on Deviant Art and in Social media. She does the naughty anime stuff too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Drawing nsfw is quite something these days, a lot of artists do it! Which is understandable, it brings in the big bucks!