Streaming build+ gaming

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4PwZCJ

Many of you have helped with this build and much thanks goes to you. I'd like to dabble into streaming and not sure what affects streaming (CPU gpu ram etc). Want to make sure this build will support it or would I need to swap parts.
    Goal 1) run wow on ultra
    Goal 2) stream games successfully on high resolution if can do
    Last edited by Tiktok; 2015-06-01 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Twice the SSD capacity (or swap to 250GB and just save the money)

Much better CPU for streaming.

Much better GPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($325.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($101.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial BX100 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($182.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) ($87.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $993.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 14:49 EDT-0400

Or spend a little bit extra and swap to a 250GB SSD then you can even get a GTX 970 and enjoy better performance for longer and play other AAA titles.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($325.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($101.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($95.99 @ Adorama)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card ($309.30 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) ($87.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1026.22
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-01 14:52 EDT-0400

Deleted
    Definately go for the 2nd build from Notarget above, it doesn't get better than that.

You do not need an i7 for streaming. Bandwidth matters much more than CPU. I stream very well with my i5-4690k. Last week, my internet was 15/1.5 and the stream suffered a bit and caused some lag in the game. I upgraded to 50/5 this week and now I stream well at 720p/30FPS. I was testing last night a bit with 60FPS and 1080p@30FPS but the quality did not really improve much. I think this is due to the fact that I am not paying for twitch turbo or a partner so they are limiting my bandwidth, I am unsure on this though. What I do know is that even at 1080p/60FPS, my system was not really being taxed.

Deleted
    However the second build more or less fit his budget, definitely the most bang for his buck and fits his needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    However the second build more or less fit his budget, definitely the most bang for his buck and fits his needs.
    Well if he also records his videos for future editing or youtube videos, the 250GB is not going to hold much. For myself, I am already looking at an additional 2TB Drive for just my stream videos. If you add an HDD in there, you go over budget. Just something to consider on streaming builds. Most builds really, 250GB is not enough space.

I also see no case in those builds. I am not sure if the OP already has one or accidentally left it out of his build.

Yeah I have a Case already, cooler, and ram.
    Cooler is a be quiet
    Ram is Kingston fury
    And I do have a evga gtx 960 I haven't opened yet thinking about taking back and getting the 970

- - - Updated - - -

I know OCing is a chip lottery but theoreticly shouldn't the i7 OC higher than the i5 since its base is .5ghz higher? Not sure how CPUs work entirely. If it's a noob question, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    I know OCing is a chip lottery but theoreticly shouldn't the i7 OC higher than the i5 since its base is .5ghz higher? Not sure how CPUs work entirely. If it's a noob question, sorry.
    Not necessarily. i7s are binned to guarantee the 4.0GHz / 4.4GHz boost. That's all it guarantees, being able to OC higher is not a guarantee. i5s aren't but there's always the chance to go up to that / higher. Again, lottery.

Would the gtx 960 would realistic to run wow on max settings and stream? or is that asking a bit to much from the GPU

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea about WoW (haven't played in 3-4 years now) but stream is more dependent on the CPU.

ok great.. thanks for the info! im thinking i5 and OC and hope to get it above 4.2 and go from there. streaming isnt the end of the world just thought I would dabble into it eventually for me its gameplay > streaming.

With any modern Intel part with an iGPU, you can use Intel's QuickSync technology to stream with just about zero CPU hit of any kind.

People have been using it to stream 720p/60fps even on i3's

Deleted
    Yeah the Hyperthreading is nice for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    Would the gtx 960 would realistic to run wow on max settings and stream? or is that asking a bit to much from the GPU
    For WoW, yeah, should be fine. I run FFXIV:ARR on max settings with a GTX 960 while streaming and FFXIV is more GPU intensive than WoW.