Really considered just going into NG+ and dealing with the covenant crap later.

Really annoying the auto summon ones are not working ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post

Holy shit I''m dying
    OMG thats amazing lol, I'm dying over here.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Found this on reddit :

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/...panese_forums/

PvP weapon tier list by japanese forums.

Glad I don't PvP, because Oni+Uba is my favorite weapon

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Found this on reddit : snip
    Yeah after people talked about how you could use whatever weapon you want etc in this game I was surprised to find that balance wasn't really there once I started playing it.

Certain weapons are just flat out numerically better / worse or mechanically better / worse.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah after people talked about how you could use whatever weapon you want etc in this game I was surprised to find that balance wasn't really there once I started playing it.

Certain weapons are just flat out numerically better / worse or mechanically better / worse.
    Skill still outweighs your weapon. Of course in each weapon class there is a best or a few best. A regular longsword shouldn't be as good as one wielded by the darkwraiths or w/e. But I used the Old Wolf Curved Greatsword which is B- according to the tier list and I still won the vast majority of my matches despite people using rapiers and straight swords all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Skill still outweighs your weapon. Of course in each weapon class there is a best or a few best. A regular longsword shouldn't be as good as one wielded by the darkwraiths or w/e. But I used the Old Wolf Curved Greatsword which is B- according to the tier list and I still won the vast majority of my matches despite people using rapiers and straight swords all day.
    Balance is always assuming equal skill, so that point is fairly moot.

It works to the degree it does in this game because there is no proper competition due to how poor and archaic a system it uses for pvp. When you're playing against just totally random people in totally random situations you can hope to try and just skill through it because you're mostly going to be vsing potatoes. If there were a proper pvp system though that matched you against people of equal skill the weapon and item balance would be atrocious.

And while I agree that traditionally a normal weapon should be stronger than something you find off some powerful mob or something, that isn't how this game works. What's powerful has nothing to do with where its found and everything to do with how they decided to balance it and its moveset for seemingly no reason.

You're also sold on the idea that you can just use whatever weapon you enjoy the most, which really isn't the case. In pvp you'll just suffer for it unless you're vsing potatoes, and in pve you're gimping yourself which isn't a problem since difficulty is the charm of this game... but its not an excuse for bad balance.

Well in terms of a challenge, you can say the same thing in PvP. if i want to do pvp with a broken sword, i know I am. It's similar to winning a duel with the ladle in DS2.

Turned on my PS4 to play some more Bloodborne, havent touched DS3 in a couple of days, and ive gotten 8 messages from someone who appears so upset about being ganked in irithyll that they didnt even make sure who they were messaging before spamming hate mail. Sent him a message saying he got the wrong person and my played history shows i havent touched it in a few days and he started screaming how "you hacked psn like you hacked the game you fucking faggot!"

The strangest part? I checked my players met history and hes not on there, which means im not in his players met list, he picked my id via a miss spelling and is so mad over an invasion someone else did he didnt even notice.

Man that was an interesting morning

So this is what happens when Mario meets Dark Souls

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Turned on my PS4 to play some more Bloodborne, havent touched DS3 in a couple of days, and ive gotten 8 messages from someone who appears so upset about being ganked in irithyll that they didnt even make sure who they were messaging before spamming hate mail. Sent him a message saying he got the wrong person and my played history shows i havent touched it in a few days and he started screaming how "you hacked psn like you hacked the game you fucking faggot!"

The strangest part? I checked my players met history and hes not on there, which means im not in his players met list, he picked my id via a miss spelling and is so mad over an invasion someone else did he didnt even notice.

Man that was an interesting morning
    Wow lol thats priceless. I have had people message me before accusing me of cheating as well but not in DSIII yet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thanks for the tip and ya trying to farm those now but I am not getting any drops or summons.

Edit: Well I can officially say the platinum is out of my reach. I am not getting any summons from all the auto-summon covenants and I refuse to farm my face off for the items. Spent a hour farming the two knights and never got any POC's.

I guess I am done with DSIII until the DLC hits.

Yeah, with ~450 Item Discovery I was getting 1 Proof every 15-20min or so. Sometimes I got lucky and got a couple back to back, but it took friggin forever.

I did manage to get the Platinum Achievement last night though. On the NG++ run I tried a full Sorcery build and even at SL 190+ with 90 in Int...I wasn't super impressed with the damage or utility output. Some enemies were weak to Sorcery and some were strong to it...the strong ones hurt because at best my damage was split Magic/Physical. I probably should have made a Raw weapon to compensate. After clearing most of the game I gave up and went back to a Quality build for Forgotten Gardens and ArchDragon Peak.

I also PvP'd with the Sorcery build and what ended up happening was that the people I beat I could have easily beaten with standard weapons, and actual good players pretty much just had their way with me, dodging everything I threw at them. I tried a variety of spell combo's and after 3 hours of PvP I came to the conclusion that my most useful spell was Farron Flashsword...which was basically just a Longsword that can't be parried. =/

- - - Updated - - -

If this Tier list is like most others (such as done with competitive fighting games), then what it boils down to is which weapon has the least bad matchups. A player with low skill can not grab an S-Ranked weapon or character and just pwn. Similarly, I see some weapons ranked lower that I prefer (specifically the Greatsword), and I do excellent with it. So basically I would take the list with a grain of salt. At best I would use the list to give you ideas of other weapons you might want to try, but I wouldn't swear by it.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    It's refreshing to have so many things remind you of the old games in this one.
    Like Anor Londo, or the horrible PvP.
    Really appreciate the option to log in offline right away.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    If this Tier list is like most others (such as done with competitive fighting games), then what it boils down to is which weapon has the least bad matchups. A player with low skill can not grab an S-Ranked weapon or character and just pwn. Similarly, I see some weapons ranked lower that I prefer (specifically the Greatsword), and I do excellent with it. So basically I would take the list with a grain of salt. At best I would use the list to give you ideas of other weapons you might want to try, but I wouldn't swear by it.
    I'm not really swearing by the list, or really even going off it at all. If one plays the game its very apparent on its own that balance between the weapons numbers or mechanics isn't really there.

I'm not (and I don't think the list is either) saying that there's necessarily a night and day difference where things are exaggeratedly unbalanced, but there's absolutely things that are just flat out better.

And again how well one does with an "inferior" weapon is fairly moot because there is no proper matchmaking or anything competitive about this pvp system. You just vs random people with random levels of skill. If there were a proper ratings ladder to climb with actual competitive pvp you'd eventually get to a point where you only saw a handful of weapons / builds ever as you got high enough since people wouldn't be vsing potatoes that let them feel good about using a weapon that isn't actually the greatest thing to use.

It's not the end of the world though because the game has no such system, and there's nothing demanding that level of scrutiny. People just gave me a different impression of the game, only to find out that that's not really the case.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-05-16 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this referenced in a video the other day and had to look it up. It got quite a chuckle from me. =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU513suJZzY
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I created a new character some time ago, I was a bit lazy and took Sliders from the internet/reddit. However I'm looking for a specific weapon, just to try it out. I'd like to ask if anyone could identify the weapon in the picture for me?

E: Oh man, it's the Bastard Sword, the one weapon I didn't think about.. Gotta find out one in game!
    You get it very early on in the game. I think right after you beat the first boss there's on sitting there. I know level 1 playthroughs use it since it has great base damage.

I honestly thought you were talking about Ludwig's Holy Blade at first and I was going to scour the game and find it. I loved that weapon in BB.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I created a new character some time ago, I was a bit lazy and took Sliders from the internet/reddit. However I'm looking for a specific weapon, just to try it out. I'd like to ask if anyone could identify the weapon in the picture for me?

E: Oh man, it's the Bastard Sword, the one weapon I didn't think about.. Gotta find out one in game!
    Wait how do you get your chars face to look like that cause dat shits awesome. I need these presets in my life.

Whenever I tried to make anything that looked decent in the editor it didn't go so well and my chars got a super derp face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow lol thats priceless. I have had people message me before accusing me of cheating as well but not in DSIII yet.
    Halfway through my arcane run build fighting Amygdala i get a message going "yeah im sorry no space in the name, pls dont report me or my dads going to yell" lol

Wait how do you get your chars face to look like that cause dat shits awesome. I need these presets in my life.

Whenever I tried to make anything that looked decent in the editor it didn't go so well and my chars got a super derp face.
    I thought the idea was you give up and just make the most horrifying thing you can make.

Either way, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I am so thankful for Rosaria in this game. I started with a Dex/Faith build, and then came to the conclusion I didn't have enough Attunement to use many Miracles in general, and that I didn't have enough Endurance to block boss attacks or even roll too much. And even then, trying to use Miracles on boss fights was just giving me a headache, watching Dorhy's Gnawing just get sidestepped by the boss (OH, BUT THE STUPID FAT WITCH'S FOLLOW ME IN CIRCLES, OKAY), and then when I try to get closer so they can't dodge it they'd just hit me instead.

SO, I drop that build, try Strength/Dex, because you know, that sword from the Abyss Watchers was pretty cool! Except...

It's too slow for me. I'm not used to that at all, nor am I used to going around without a shield, which is how I wanted to use the weapon.

So, I decided screw it all, dropped Strength, and went pure Dex, with Vigor and Endurance for the rest of the stats.

Next playthrough if I get around to it though, I wanna go around without armor with Flynn's Ring and just the fist weapons, until I rage quit of course within like 10 minutes of doing that.

Flynn's ring is meh imo. Loyds ring on the other hand <3

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    They both seem kind of meh, flynns is all of 15% best case and lloyd's is 10? but apparently isn't working exactly properly so its maybe more than 10 but something something?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    They both seem kind of meh, flynns is all of 15% best case and lloyd's is 10? but apparently isn't working exactly properly so its maybe more than 10 but something something?
    I thought like, 80% of all rings are "meh" status honestly. Either way, it's not about the ring itself, but the hilarity of rolling around naked basically punching things to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought like, 80% of all rings are "meh" status honestly. Either way, it's not about the ring itself, but the hilarity of rolling around naked basically punching things to death.
    They definitely seem that way.

Go with the fire fists so you can be cool while being silly.