Aside from that estus flask the game has been a success. Breaking sales record on steam even. So congrats from software, I doubt this will be the last dark souls but if it is I hope they make a new Tenchu stealth assassins game

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Aside from that estus flask the game has been a success. Breaking sales record on steam even. So congrats from software, I doubt this will be the last dark souls but if it is I hope they make a new Tenchu stealth assassins game
    They have already said this is the last Dark Souls.

Obviously that doesn't rule out other Souls style games, but it is the last in the Dark Souls franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It is the last souls game. They have stated they are not making anymore souls titles. They don't want it to be a yearly thing like Call of Duty.

sadly we mite not get a BB2 unless Sony hands it off to someone else or just lets Japan Studio do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They have already said this is the last Dark Souls.

Obviously that doesn't rule out other Souls style games, but it is the last in the Dark Souls franchise.
    I think they said along with that, That they are just done with this type of game overall as well. I could be wrong about tha tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think they said along with that, That they are just done with this type of game overall as well. I could be wrong about tha tho.
    They never said that, but I have no doubt in my mind they're going to take a break and make something new. 7 years now of From Software making the same style of game over and over again. The only other projects they had at the same time where small mobile games so pretty much irrelevant. Studios like Rockstar and Bethesda might be guilty of the game, but they don't release 5 games in 7 years... It's time for them to do something different for a bit, and revisit/revitalize this again later. Otherwise they risk Assassins Creed fatigue, aka a serious that once contended for GOTYs with the Ezio trilogy being reduced to phoned in versions to have one out all the damn time.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-04-17 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DS3 is as fan service as it can get without making it unwelcoming to new players.

We have Bloodborne stuff like the Smouldering lake's obvious chalice dungeon stuff. Bell ringing summon in dragon land.
    Slug thingies from DeS in the swamp area. Tower of Latria Jail with Ithat;lkajreawk dungeon.
    Stormcaller as a gimmick weapon like in DeS with the flying Sting Ray in the Shrine of Storm.

If you can name the npc it probably got mentioned somewhere.
    Ornstein for example has a bit where he went to find the nameless king and subsequently you can find his armor after the boss.
    Hell, the blacksmith is Andre, how the fuck is he alive still.

There's more but these are some of the ones that just come to mind at the moment.

It's very obvious they just want something to end it on with probably a bit of nostalgia for those that followed the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    There's more but these are some of the ones that just come to mind at the moment.
    The dead giant blacksmith in Anor Londo with his last gift to us :'(

So I formatted my PC last night as it was running like a dog. Just fired up Dark Souls 3 on my now smooth running PC... New Game.. wait what? OH F**K !!!!

I guess in 2016 I kinda expect everything to be saved in a cloud when it comes to gaming. Totally didn't occur to me I actually had to back up my DS3 saves. Oh well.

Does anyone know if spell power stacks if you dual 2 of the same staves or 2 pyro gloves, once you hit NG+? Might make for some interesting pure spell builds if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Just finished the game, was really good, but still left me feeling disappointed overall, similar to DS2. I just felt like this game lacked any sort of passion/love that both DS1 and BB seemed to have. Most of the weapons/areas/enemies were rehashes from previous games, music was lackluster (though better than ds2), areas were more linear, level design wasn't as good as BB or DS1, story was half-assed, fanservice everywhere.
    Honestly Dark Souls 1 gets way too much credit, it's part nostalgia (being the first game for many) and people having filled in the blanks by now; for many new players it's still like "so is there a story here?". I prefer Demon's Souls, not the mechanics but the story
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    So I formatted my PC last night as it was running like a dog. Just fired up Dark Souls 3 on my now smooth running PC... New Game.. wait what? OH F**K !!!!

I guess in 2016 I kinda expect everything to be saved in a cloud when it comes to gaming. Totally didn't occur to me I actually had to back up my DS3 saves. Oh well.
    Daaamn, hope you wasn't too far into the game.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Daaamn, hope you wasn't too far into the game.
    Nah second boss. And each time I start over it's a better experience as I know much more than I did before.

Strange thing tho. Last night I "farmed" the first knight you come across until I had all of the knight gear. I was averaging one piece of gear every 2 kills. I've killed him like 10 times so far.. not one piece of gear. Very odd. Maybe I was just very lucky last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post

Don't you have an SSD? I've never had to format since I got it mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Question about a mid-game area:

In Cathedral of the Deep main hall, is there any use for the 2nd rising wall which has a switch next to it?
    I don't think any of the ones (2) you can raise from the ground level has any use, the golems don't even chase you that far. There is a 3rd wall that you need to be high up to raise though and it has a use, kind of.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2016-04-17 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

In Cathedral of the Deep main hall, is there any use for the 2nd rising wall which has a switch next to it?
    Mainly a quick route from the bonfire inside the covenant area to cross the bridges and down the elevator to the deacons boss, about a 1m30sec run back to the boss without the risk of bleeding from that add with the other shortcut.

You kite the giants back there to trap them in to freely explore the whole central area.

- - - Updated - - -

It is the last souls game. They have stated they are not making anymore souls titles. They don't want it to be a yearly thing like Call of Duty.
    Technically Miyazaki later corrected this saying it was 'his' last souls game and a few people in the know like ENB have intimated that kadokawa and bamco have plans to outsource it for years to come. Which honestly i expected since you dont be the magical game that breaks into the west without dreaming of being another money printing service these days. I would not be surprised to see some kind of mobile games or something from the souls series in future.

Which i would cringe about, but honestly? a Koudelka style fantasy-horror turn based jrpg in the souls universe would be pretty rad.

But i guess that would just be Vagrant Story

Still i expect the Souls series to go full assassins creed till even the most die hard fans get sick of it in years to come, gotta milk that cheddah fam. Or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That's still pretty close to the beginning. Bloodborne was a lot creepier, but Dark Souls has never really been about the creepiness factor. However it is a great game in it's own right. Even playing all the souls games, i still like Bloodborne the best.
    I feel the same, i love them all for different reasons but Bloodborne is the best game in my opinion. The world is gorgeous, it doesnt rely on winks and memes to add things to its world like DS2/3, the patrolling enemies and ability to pull and control the situation is far better than 2/3's "just throw more ambushes at them, thats difficulty right?" lazy design and with no shield and regain the bosses were a way better challenge.

But part of me wonders if its because as a teen my time was spent more with character action games like Devil May Cry whereas the DS1 diehards i know were more the pc isometric adventure rpg crowd instead.

That and the BB story is the best, Demons is good too, but theres no "but... [sad piano.wav]...perhaps..." Georgio Tsuokolos tier head canon bullshit. The story is clear, concise and a well thought out detailing of how a series of schisms between the scholars of a school that make a crazy discovery lead to a complete societal collapse. No 'maybe this represents muh headcanon' stuff, everything from the usage of the time of day to the empty baby prams littering the paths leading to the upper cathedral ward are concrete environmental storytelling impressing upon you how badly -and more importantly how quickly things are falling apart in Yarnham.

Trouble is a lot of times you bring this up and the cliche "let me adjust my fedora and vape in your general direction" master race neckbeards have this sense of sour grapes about it being console exclusive -which is perfectly understandable- but its compounded by DS1 being their first entry in the series, while for a lot of us it started in '09 with a frustrated developers love letter to Berserk and an attempt to reinvigorate Kings Field for a new generation so the attachment to things like Solaire are not as strong and the pandering in later sequels only widens that gap between "ITS MUH SUNBRO XDDDDD" and "ugh, cant we not do this again?, yes i know im playing dark souls From i read the name on the box".

Compare that to BB where its a new world, a new story and fully self contained and for my money its just the more preferable world because its beholden to no predecessor, it iterates on them, not recycles them.

The fuck is up with animations taking a huge nosedive in variance compared to DS2. Every backstab/riposte animation in this game is the same no matter what weapon you use. It's always stab through & place foot on back.

DS2 spears lifted the target into the air from behind and slammed them down
    Swords would slash twice across the back
    Scythes/UGS would do a huge wind up slash that sends the person flying forward
    Knives/fist would plunge the hand into their back and writhe it around
    Greathammers would pancake the target as they pleaded, etc

It's all so lazy and uninspired this time around. Spell graphics look like shit too

Is it just me or does this game have a massive boner for mimics compared to the last ones.

This is also a fallow up on the story that they wanted to be finished with the souls series. It was originally reported in may of last year that DSIII was the last one. This is a fallow up to that story and was reported in nov of last year.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dar.../1100-6432425/
    It'd be a lie if I said I have no concerns about that. I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future. Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-17 at 02:00 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Is it just me or does this game have a massive boner for mimics compared to the last ones.

This is also a fallow up on the story that they wanted to be finished with the souls series. It was originally reported in may of last year that DSIII was the last one. This is a fallow up to that story and was reported in nov of last year.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dar.../1100-6432425/
    Thats not a complete denial though, just Miyazaki saying he wants to move on to new things which is understandable, but Fromsoftware isn't just one dev team in house alone, let alone including all of the other teams under the ownership of Kadokawa corp. and Bandai Namco.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm a big silent hill fan so i know sometimes dead is better and some series deserve to properly end, but given the sales and how they are still pushing out more side stuff like comics i dont think Fromsoftwares parent companys will decide brand integrity is a good enough reason to stem another insane profit from a hastily shat out dark souls prequel or something else nobody asked for.

-and unrelated but if you have the shield of want and the silver serpent ring go to the steps in irithyll with two silver knights, you can get over 30,000 souls every 60 seconds right next to a bonfire with no risk of losing anything. Even around the 90's thats like 3 levels every 5 minutes. Plus they always drop a titanite or large titanite shard on death and their silver armour pieces go for 500 souls each so its great for farming.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats not a complete denial though, just Miyazaki saying he wants to move on to new things which is understandable, but Fromsoftware isn't just one dev team in house alone, let alone including all of the other teams under the ownership of Kadokawa corp. and Bandai Namco.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm a big silent hill fan so i know sometimes dead is better and some series deserve to properly end, but given the sales and how they are still pushing out more side stuff like comics i dont think Fromsoftwares parent companys will decide brand integrity is a good enough reason to stem another insane profit from a hastily shat out dark souls prequel or something else nobody asked for.

-and unrelated but if you have the shield of want and the silver serpent ring go to the steps in irithyll with two silver knights, you can get over 30,000 souls every 60 seconds right next to a bonfire with no risk of losing anything. Even around the 90's thats like 3 levels every 5 minutes. Plus they always drop a titanite or large titanite shard on death and their silver armour pieces go for 500 souls each so its great for farming.
    Right in the quote I posted

I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future.
    There is also more in the link. Form Software want to make other things and I respect that.

Also what bonfire are you talking about Irithyll? The first one?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-17 at 02:18 PM.

Right in the quote I posted

There is also more in the link. Form Software want to make other things and I respect that.

Also what bonfire are you talking about Irithyll?
    From what i've read in more recent interviews from denkegi and famitsu i think his 'from software wants to make' is talking about his new role as president, in japanese interviews hes spoken about the pressure and worry of being a one hit wonder who 'just makes souls games forever' and as director of the company his personal goals are to break out from under it, but he could just be considering DS3 'his' end with dark souls and not the end of the series. His more frank stuff in japanese magazines -which i assume is from not having to worry about mistranslation flubs and the like- kind of reminds me of lucas and star wars when it went to disney albeit on a smaller scale. Hes very clearly done and wants to make new things with fromsoftware, but like we all saw with DS2 that doesnt mean hes needed to make one. For better or worse.

The bonfire at the entrance to Anor londo next to the invisible bridge to Priscillas sister

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    From what i've read in more recent interviews from denkegi and famitsu i think his 'from software wants to make' is talking about his new role as president, in japanese interviews hes spoken about the pressure and worry of being a one hit wonder who 'just makes souls games forever' and as director of the company his personal goals are to break out from under it, but he could just be considering DS3 'his' end with dark souls and not the end of the series. His more frank stuff in japanese magazines -which i assume is from not having to worry about mistranslation flubs and the like- kind of reminds me of lucas and star wars when it went to disney albeit on a smaller scale. Hes very clearly done and wants to make new things with fromsoftware, but like we all saw with DS2 that doesnt mean hes needed to make one. For better or worse.

The bonfire at the entrance to Anor londo next to the invisible bridge to Priscillas sister
    True so I guess we will see. For me personally as long as they keep making RPG's ill be buying them since no one else is ffs. I enjoy the souls series so I don't mind how much they make them really. But I respect it if they want to stop and do other things.

Also I don't think I have gotten that far yet then.

Edit: Are you talking about the first bonfire past the bridge where you fight the big ulgy monster and the 2-3 knight chicks walking on the path?

Also those are a bitch to kill lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-17 at 02:28 PM.