Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    How are pokemiles calculated in the pokemon Bank? Does anyone know?
    Time and ammount of pokemon inside and how many times you take pokemon in and out.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    According to reddit, the Japanese morning TV show with this Pokemon.. thing?, is gooing to air in approx. 12 hours. And there is talk that there may not be new footage, because of the TV shows track record (it supposedly has aired footage of Castelia after the BW trailer was revealed, and showed us that legendary footage of Groudon standing on the ocean and roaring). But with 3 devs set to appear, I'm still hoping and hyped that we get something tasty to tide us over until CoroCoro.

Oh, and I failed my Platinum nuzlocke. Hup the Quagsire put in some beastly effort, aand we had a few too many run ins with Grass types on the route before Celestic Town; but we failed when I got to Canalave and was psyched to get to the gym (which would have have been faceroll for Hup and his Earthquakke) and Iron island (dem encounters and the Riolu egg!), but I didn't realize Barry was here.... with his Torterra.. T_T

Now I'm having a chilled run of OR and and am psyched to do some Shiny hunting. Also bought the Mega Man Legacy Collection, and holy craps enemies hurt in the first game!And it feels jarring to not have a dash ability (what game doe the Blue Bomber get the slide?)
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Speaking of shiny mewtwo, I am still waiting for the shiny legendary pokemon from x and y to go from being in japan only to everywhere else. I am also still waiting for the shiny birds to hit NA.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Alright, so I came up with a list of pokemon that could potentially get new evos/mega evos based on the fact they are related to the Sun and/or Moon. Who knows, maybe there are even a few here you never thought about.

Clefable: It's evolutionary line is stated to be from the moon and he fairy typing added in 6th gen was enough to catapult it to OU staple.

Ninetails: It's hidden ability is Drought, so it is possible as it relates to the sun, but probably the least likely on this list.

Noctowl: This evolutionary line is only found in the wild at night, cause you know...they're owls. So it wouldn't be surprising if it did get a mega in Pokemon Moon

Bellosom: It evolves with a Sun Stone and many of it's Pokedex entries mention it as well, including it's Gold and Heart Gold entries which state that it's dance is actually a ritual to summon the Sun.

Sunflora: It is a sunflower and all of the pokedex entries mention the sun

Espeon/Umbreon: The Sun Pokemon and Moonlight Pokemon respectively, their method of evolution was used to introduce the new mechanic in gen 2 of day/night cycles.

Lugia/Ho-Oh: Lugia is the guardian of the sea and is said to control the ocean currents, similar to how the moon influences them. Ho-Oh, while more of a stretch, is the Rainbow Pokemon and rainbows are caused by sunlight refracting off of water in the air. Sorta have to include Ho-Oh with Lugia though as they are a pair.

Solrock/Lunatone: The obvious pick, they are literally the sun and moon

Deoxys: Another extraterrestrial pokemon

Cherrim: It changes forms in sunlight with it's ability and all of it's pokedex entries also mention it.

Cressealia: The Lunar Pokemon

Darkrai: It is active during the new moon.

Beheeyem: Another evolutionary line of aliens like Clefable, so it wouldn't be out of nowhere if it got a mega.

Volcarona: Another pokemon referred to as the Sun Pokemon, it's fire literally replaced the sun after a large volcanic eruption spewed ash into the air. Fittingly, in Blaze Black/Volt White, hacks of BW, it's ability is Drought.

Heliolisk: It evolves with the sun stone, it's name comes from the greek word for sun, and it gets the ability Solar Power.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-04-02 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cresselia, but no Darkrai?

- - - Updated - - -

Though id love to see a mega Cherrim, lil Cherrim grassfire type with the back of its head being a raging inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Cresselia, but no Darkrai?

Though id love to see a mega Cherrim, lil Cherrim grassfire type with the back of its head being a raging inferno!
    I like Darkrai, but he has nothing to do with either the sun or the moon. It is the bad dreams pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight. Im going to bed. See yall on the flipside! *fingers hyper quatriple hype crossed hype good luck charm*

- - - Updated - - -

Its Diamond, Pearl and AS dex entries refer to moonless nights and new moons. It is found on Newmoon Island. Its Duo partner, Cresselia, is the only form of cure to its nightmmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Aight. Im going to bed. See yall on the flipside! *fingers hyper quatriple hype crossed hype good luck charm*

- - - Updated - - -

Its Diamond, Pearl and AS dex entries refer to moonless nights and new moons. It is found on Newmoon Island. Its Duo partner, Cresselia, is the only form of cure to its nightmmares.
    Fiiine I'll add it to the list XD

Not like it is super official anyways, it's not even laminated.

Okay this is debatable but what about groudon, kyogre and Honchkrow?

Deleted
    Groudon and Kyogre are highly unlikely. We have ORAS, it would of only made sense there.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Okay this is debatable but what about groudon, kyogre and Honchkrow?
    Groudon and Kyogre already got their time

Groudon is the continent pokemon, it's ability less represents the sun as is does the primordial state of the world after it's creation

Similarly, Kyogre is the sea basin pokemon and it's ability represents the primordial ocean and the heavy rainfall

Honkrow isn't really related to the moon either, it just happens to evolve with a dusk stone.

Deleted
    Anyone available to help me evolve some pokemon in a bit? (Electabuz,Magmar,Rhydon,Dusclops and 2x Porygon)

(Porygon to Porygon 2, then to Z)
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-04-02 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deoxys is extraterrestrial, but not really based on the sun or moon. It's just a virus, and exploded out of an asteroid.

inb4 whole lotta of nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Waste of time.
    CoroCoro one and only savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It was the announcement video from the direct in Feb.

I enjoyed reading the comments on the live stream as it ended though. Need to check my blood pressure though, that was a lot of salt.
    Last edited by Romeothecat; 2016-04-02 at 11:41 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Well, that was a letdown.

I wonder when we are going to see some actual footage. E3?
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-04-02 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebi
    In The Games Department
    Pokémon Sun & Moon

During today's episode of Gathering at the Pokémon House, the first TV broadcast of Pokémon Sun & Moon has aired. This footage turned out to be the first broadcast of the special Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer that was released with the Pokémon Direct back in February. This was the first airing of the Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer on Japanese Television.
    Edit @ 00:27: Masuda confirmed on the show, jokingly in response to Shoko Nakagawa's question about how many new Pokémon there are in the game, that there will be over 10 new Pokémon in the games
    Over 10? Or over 100? It sounds like a typo here. I can't imagine a new generation having 19 or less Pokemon. Then again, S/M hasn't been confirmed as a new generation, only as new games, and this wouldn't be the first time we've seen Pokemon from a new generation appear as playable 'mons in the games before their own generation's release.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that was a letdown.

I wonder when we are going to see some actual footage. E3?
    If not a Nintendo Direct, then E3. Only thing Nintendo seems to save for E3 is Legend of Zelda Wii U, as they are content to just announce everything else on a stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Over 10? Or over 100? It sounds like a typo here. I can't imagine a new generation having 19 or less Pokemon. Then again, S/M hasn't been confirmed as a new generation, only as new games, and this wouldn't be the first time we've seen Pokemon from a new generation appear as playable 'mons in the games before their own generation's release.

- - - Updated - - -

If not a Nintendo Direct, then E3. Only thing Nintendo seems to save for E3 is Legend of Zelda Wii U, as they are content to just announce everything else on a stream.
    It seems to have been a joke during the show. Over 10 can mean anything from 11 to 100 to infinite really. Basically being a big old troll and revealing nothing.