Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega Flygon or GFTO
    Mega Crobat or GTFO
    Odd-ball choice, Mega Sandslash

Mega Frosslass because WHY WOULD YOU GIVE GLALIE A MEGA AND NOT HER SHE NEEDS IT
    Mega Butterfree because Mega Bedrill like wtf
    Mega Shedninja because that mon needs help :'(
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Mega Froslass - So much potential there, open design, and a very unique Pokémon and typing overall. Also would mirror Glalie's mega access.
    Mega Butterfree - Bug/Fairy with Prankster would be really neat, would bring viability to a long overlooked Pokémon, and mirrors Beedrill.
    MEGA VILEPLUME - Oh god I need this. Sure I'm biased because it's my favorite Pokémon but I would love to see this thing made into a wall. Grass/Poison with Gooey then bulk up its defenses, drop its speed, and give it Rage Powder. MAKE MY DREAM COME TRUE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Mega Milotic
    2nd Gen Starters
    Absolutely this! Also, mega evos for the 4th gen starters as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing about watching the anime is finding all the inconsistencies between it and the games. Like this episode, a fighting competition in which Brock thinks Geodude is a fighting pokemon. I guess he IS a breeder, not a fighter, but damn. He's a rock gym trainer. Also, he should be well aware fighting is strong against rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    One thing about watching the anime is finding all the inconsistencies between it and the games. Like this episode, a fighting competition in which Brock thinks Geodude is a fighting pokemon. I guess he IS a breeder, not a fighter, but damn. He's a rock gym trainer. Also, he should be well aware fighting is strong against rock.
    Oh boy, you want to talk crazy anime stuff?

Mate....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, and fighting Erica.

"Pidgeotto couldn't handle that smell from Gloom".

You know, Gust and things.

Also giving away Primeape and the end of that fighting episode. What.

Don't get me wrong though. I haven't watched this in a long time, and it's actually fairly entertaining. I never got farther than Indigo league though.

Don't get me wrong though. I haven't watched this in a long time, and it's actually fairly entertaining. I never got farther than Indigo league though.
    You should watch XY(&Z now I guess) though

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, talking to someone on the amiibo reddit. Apparently unlocking a legendary pokemon constitutes as gameplay content to them now. They are arguing that pokemon games always has gameplay content locked on them, and using legendary events as the example. They are trying to use that as a reason to get amiibo into the main games.
    That's... actually a really cool idea. Amiibos for mythical pokemon, that give you the mythical pokemon when you scan it into your game.

To be fair, with the making fun of the fire/fighting thing, no pokemon are still cute when they evolve, especially ones that evolve twice.
    Goodra?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-05-13 at 07:14 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if Ash has been wearing clothes based around the male PC from the games since Sinnoh; I wonder if he'll be wearing a striped shirt and black jeans in Alola?

*thinkingandstuff*
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post

Goodra?
    True. Oddly enough, gets cuter when it evolves. First two forms look...weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Gerald? GERALD!!!!!!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    And those stores that held those codes unless you bought a game took it upon themselves to do that. They were absolutely in the wrong, it was not the agreed upon distribution between them and TPC. I'd rather not see past shady business practices be used as a precedent for locked content in Pokemon games.

Amiibo locked content needs to stay away from Pokemon.
    an amiibo is forever.

for a kid playing x and y or oras right now, all past events are locked content
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Ok.

3 Mega Choices for each of us for S&M!

GO!
    1) Mega Persian - It needs some love, always needed it.
    2) Mega Typhlosion - Typhlosion is one of my favourite 'mons ever, would love to see it having mega evolution (rest of Gen II starters could have it too I guess...
    3) Mega Toxicroak with No Guard and boosted Att/Spe. Oh yes baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    4 peeps in and no Mega-Altaria?

Shame on you guys.

Can I pick gen 4 starters as 1 pick? Feels reasonable. Last one would be Mega Luxray, really cool design imo but pretty darn useless.
    Mega Altaria exists :P

And yes, you certainly can have Meganium/Typhlosion and Feraligatr or Samurott, Emboar and Serperior as one choice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    1. Mega Bellossom: Grass/Fairy or Grass/Fire (because it is connected to the sun, evolves with sun stone etc.) - also fits well into the theme of the new games.
    2. Mega Sunflora: Grass/Fire as an alternative.
    3. Mega Girafarig with Normal/Ghost type because that type combo would be cool and I think it would fit Girafarig the best.
    Awesome choices. I wanted to include them too!
    Last edited by Well; 2016-05-13 at 08:55 AM.

my megas

mega marowak although preferably an evo since i dislike megas for non 3 stage pokemons but i think they might be done with non eveelutions

mega sandslash

mega hypno

mega far fetched

also all starters and eveelutions should get megas

- - - Updated - - -

girafarig too but again. id REALLY prefer real evos for all the non 3 stages. but they already broke that when megas were introduced. id far more like the concept of mega evolution if it was a 4th stage exclusively
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

2nd game for mega-evos.

Craft a mega-evo!

Pick one, two or all of your chosen megas and craft it: Stat Distributions & Changes, Ability, New moves it could potentially learn in 7th gen and typing. I will start with Mega-Butterfree and Mega-Hypno.

Mega Butterfree:

Butterfree being one of the early bug types in the game that even evolves extremely early at just level 10, have its stats being abysmally low for competitive gameplay. Butterfree even received the 1st ever "patch buff" in 6th gen: it received an extra 10 base SpAtk along with Raichu. Its base stats are: 60/45/50/90/80/70.

Ability: Tinted Lens. Butterfree's mega is intended to be a late-game clean up sweeper with obvious and glaring weaknesses.

Typing: Buterfree's typing is generally horrible: A glaring x4 weakness to Stealth Rock and typing that it generally cannot take advantage of: it does not learn hurricane for instance to have a stab special flying move, and bug is definitely not a great attacking type. Thus, its typing upon mega evolving will be /

Stat Distributions: Butterfree generally has a very low stat total. Mega-evos always add a total of 100 base stats across the board and never increase their hp, so Butterfree will need to have the Beedrill treatment: take out points from an unwanted stat (in the case of Beedrill that was its SpAtk) and put it where you want it to.

Base stats upon mega-evolving:
    HP: 60, Atk: 25, Def: 50, SpAtk: 160, SpDef: 80, Speed: 113

Moves: Additions: Moonblast, Hurricane, Misty Terrain

Basic set:
    Butterfree@Butterfreetite
    Ability: Tinted Lens
    EVs: 252HP/4SpDef/252Speed
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    -Quiver Dance
    -Bug Buzz
    -Moonblast
    -Roost/Electroweb/HP Fire/HP Rock/HP Ground/Protect

Onwards to

Mega-Hypno:

Hypno has always been a strange pokemon. Extreme physical coverage in all elemental punches (Ice, Thunder & Fire) along with Focus Punch, Drain Punch, Power-up Punch and even Dynamic Punch, with a limited Atk stat that is equal to its SpAtk stat (base 73), in addition to access to Wish, Baton Pass and Nasty Plot and with an ok special coverage. It also boasts an ok SpDef stat. Its base stats are: 85/73/70/73/115/67.

Ability: Mega-Hypno's ability will be Magic Bounce.

Typing: Mega-Hypno's typing upon mega-evolving will be /

Stats: Mega-Hypno's stats will allow it to be unpredictable in what set it is running. Its base stats upon mega-evolving will be: 85/126/91/126/115/40

Moves: Additions: Play Rough, Moonblast, Swords Dance
    Last edited by Well; 2016-05-13 at 09:58 AM.

Mega Persian

(Picture's credits go to ManiacalMew)

Type: / (For some reason I always think Persian is Dark before I realize my mistake)

Ability: Technician

Stats: 65/130/80/40/80/145

New moves: Steel Claw

Let the fun begin!

Mega Toxicroak

(Picture's credits go to ShokuAli30)

Type: /

Ability: No Guard

Stats: 83/146/80/86/80/115

New moves: None

Just some of the options...
    Gunk Shot
    Cross Chop/Dynamic Punch/Drain Punch
    Stone Edge
    Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

Let the fun begin!
    Last edited by Nibúeanor; 2016-05-13 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    I want to see some awesome Mega Duos, for instance ones that go together nicely, or ones that are/were game specific only.

Example; Nidoking+Nidoqueen, Ninetales+Arcanine etc

The ones I've mentioned there are some I would love to see. Mainly because they would be epic looking megas (in my mind) and version exclusives are a main part of pokemon games, and Ninetales and Arcanine are 2 of the best version exclusives, and would be epic megas again ^_^