Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyukoyay View Post
    Also the fact that the pokemon don't really have a fair chance against one another kinda hurts the series. I'd love to use all the pokemon I like but some of them suck so hard you can't even beat npcs with them.

Also the games don't have real depth. I'd like to see customization you actually have total control over cuz I was never a fan of farming eggs for years getting the perfect pokemon.
    I'm not sure which pokemon are useless in-game tbh. Care to elaborate? Unless you want to finish the game with just a magikarp holding an everstone I don't really see how that's true. Also 'years of egg farming' is such a ridiculous statement. As soon as you have a bunch of 5-6 IV parents it takes absolutely no time to get good offsprings. And in case you haven't kept up, they will apparently be changing that in gen 7 so that you can boost to 6 perfect IV's at lvl 100. Also in case you're forgetting, EV's are very much custimization you have total control over (which I think is phrased absolutely weirdly because IV's,nature and moves are also totally controlable).

The entire game was designed as advertisement in every single game. It's just more annoying now but the fact that there is more than 1 game for each pokemon generation. The fact that each game has quite a few new pokemon meaning 100's of new character designs which the games wouldn't need that many. The fact they do that many is just so the show can fill episodes. Certain pokemon are just flat out better than others in every single way aka legendaries existing. You used to get every single legendary from the game without added data. Now the game companies work together with the anime company to make movies specifically based on certain legendaries to sell the games. They also sell you incomplete games, data inside the game they lock you out of. The events are just data inside the game they actively removed so you can only get 1, once. Once the event goes by and you either get the game for the first time then or wanna restart for fun. The game is permenantly ruined.

The games would benefit more from, instead of 100's of new designs each game you get like 20 new ones. Then work on balancing for the existing ones so that they are all the same strength but in different ways. Some with abilities instead of flat out stats. If they did this the games would be thousands of leagues better than it is today. No, they actively chose the option that would work on TV better.

The games would benefit more without legendaries as tournament play are their most active users and legendaries are always banned from them anyway. Legendaries are instead used as op mascots for the movies and this is done so intentionally you cannot refute it. A lot of the older games didn't even use legendaries in their stories so much as they do now. Which means they are actively trying to hide the fact they are doing exactly that. Also the entire story of the first movie is written into the game in such a way that they were probably working with that movie in mind from the start.

You are writing way too much off as coincidence, like to the point that anything possibly opposing your defense is absolutely wrong. The defense is shallow, and frankly it doesn't work. Give me more detail onto why they don't advertise, don't just restate my comment.

That said there is no way everyone isn't going to be pissed at my wall here. Just keep in mind I'm not angry or anything in writing this but as that minimally aggressive debate tone. xD
    Last edited by Yuyukoyay; 2016-07-24 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    The games would benefit more from, instead of 100's of new designs each game you get like 20 new ones.
    This is what most gaming discussions boil down to: you think the way you play the game is the way everyone enjoys the game. It's not. If they would announce good balance but only 20 new pokemon, my guess is sales would crash horribly because the average pokemon player doesn't care at all about balanced endgame and will get bored of these 20 new pokemon super fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire game was designed as advertisement in every single game. It's just more annoying now but the fact that there is more than 1 game for each pokemon generation. The fact that each game has quite a few new pokemon meaning 100's of new character designs which the games wouldn't need that many. The fact they do that many is just so the show can fill episodes. Certain pokemon are just flat out better than others in every single way aka legendaries existing. You used to get every single legendary from the game without added data. Now the game companies work together with the anime company to make movies specifically based on certain legendaries to sell the games. They also sell you incomplete games, data inside the game they lock you out of. The events are just data inside the game they actively removed so you can only get 1, once. Once the event goes by and you either get the game for the first time then or wanna restart for fun. The game is permenantly ruined.

The games would benefit more from, instead of 100's of new designs each game you get like 20 new ones. Then work on balancing for the existing ones so that they are all the same strength but in different ways. Some with abilities instead of flat out stats. If they did this the games would be thousands of leagues better than it is today. No, they actively chose the option that would work on TV better.

The games would benefit more without legendaries as tournament play are their most active users and legendaries are always banned from them anyway. Legendaries are instead used as op mascots for the movies and this is done so intentionally you cannot refute it. A lot of the older games didn't even use legendaries in their stories so much as they do now. Which means they are actively trying to hide the fact they are doing exactly that. Also the entire story of the first movie is written into the game in such a way that they were probably working with that movie in mind from the start.

You are writing way too much off as coincidence, like to the point that anything possibly opposing your defense is absolutely wrong. The defense is shallow, and frankly it doesn't work. Give me more detail onto why they don't advertise, don't just restate my comment.

That said there is no way everyone isn't going to be pissed at my wall here. Just keep in mind I'm not angry or anything in writing this but as that minimally aggressive debate tone. xD
    ....em.... for that we got smogon.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, i went for a drive last night (as a passenger) to catch some Pokemon in Go. Caught me a Pinsir, 2 Vulpix (looks like a park near me is their breeding ground?), a Staryu, a Weedle (I found one ages ago, but it was all like, F*** you, and broke out immediately and legged it. By that point i uad caught 2 Pidgeottos and a Raticate with no issues ._.), and possible something else i can't recall right now. Probably missed more because i accidentally clicked on a gym and got stuck in the Team tutorial. Team Instinct!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

No, even since gen 1, there have been event exclusive legendaries. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin...I could go on

Not every pokemon has to be top tier, and when they did only add 77 new pokemon in XY, people complained.

Maybe not gen 1, but ever since gen 2, legendaries have been pivotal to the story. Hell, gen 1 barely had a story to begin with. As for not wanting legendaries in competetive, may I point you in the direction of smogon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Maybe not gen 1, but ever since gen 2, legendaries have been pivotal to the story. Hell, gen 1 barely had a story to begin with. As for not wanting legendaries in competetive, may I point you in the direction of smogon?
    Meanwhile Lando-T is like one of the easiest mons to fit into ANY sort of team :P
    But sure one doesn't HAVE to play OU, which reminds me I have a team to optimize. Been slacking in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Meanwhile Lando-T is like one of the easiest mons to fit into ANY sort of team :P
    But sure one doesn't HAVE to play OU, which reminds me I have a team to optimize. Been slacking in that department.
    Well ya, smogon has some legends, but the cover legends get banned, and the rest are deemed balanced enough to be within their tiers.

Deleted
    Shiny calm eevee with 31/x/31/31/31/31, woop! Was my first shiny breeding project in gen 2 because you could clone pokemon so I had all 5 evolutions shiny at once. Sort of miss those 1/64 odds of getting a shiny when breeding with a shiny ditto.

I honestly can say I have no clue what you're talking about. I reread it three times already and still don't. There are lots of details you can easily complain about the games and be spot on, but the points you tried to make... nope sorry, just no.

Also the fact that the pokemon don't really have a fair chance against one another kinda hurts the series. I'd love to use all the pokemon I like but some of them suck so hard you can't even beat npcs with them.

Also the games don't have real depth. I'd like to see customization you actually have total control over cuz I was never a fan of farming eggs for years getting the perfect pokemon.
    hum...of course some Pokemon are better than others. The idea to balance 800+(soon) Pokemon is crazy, are you one of those people that doesn't like trading card games because your first common isn't as strong as every other card ?

And "Pokemon games don't have real depth"...what ? What is a game with real depth to you ? Pokemon GO ? Hahahahahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Well ya, smogon has some legends, but the cover legends get banned, and the rest are deemed balanced enough to be within their tiers.
    Unless you're Kyurem-Black. All the poor guy needed was Icicle Crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

mewtwos story in the movie: a clone made by team rocket to be the most powerful pokemon in the world and mewtwo makes an army of clones

mewtwos story in red and blue: scientists experimented on mew in cinnabar until mew gave birth to mewtwo, mewtwo destroys the lab and goes off to live in solitude deep in ceruleans cave where no one but the strongest trainers could possibly find it.

not to mention, the first games were made long before the anime was ever even planned let alone a movie. there were MORE games back when pokemon first came out too so i dont know how "multiple games per generation" is a new thing.

we had red and green, then we had blue to fix the sprites, then after the anime was a hit they decided to make pokemon yellow, which is the only time the games ever actively promoted the anime and even then it only consisted of a small cameo by jesse and james and letting you have a pikachu as your starter.

the only other gen with 4 games in the same region is gen 5.

also if we ever got a gen so small we only got 20 pokemon i would legitimately burn their office to the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    hum...of course some Pokemon are better than others. The idea to balance 800+(soon) Pokemon is crazy, are you one of those people that doesn't like trading card games because your first common isn't as strong as every other card ?

And "Pokemon games don't have real depth"...what ? What is a game with real depth to you ? Pokemon GO ? Hahahahahahahaha.
    also i beat soul silver with spiky eared pichu. you can beat the games themselves with any pokeman you want
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    mewtwos story in the movie: a clone made by team rocket to be the most powerful pokemon in the world and mewtwo makes an army of clones

mewtwos story in red and blue: scientists experimented on mew in cinnabar until mew gave birth to mewtwo, mewtwo destroys the lab and goes off to live in solitude deep in ceruleans cave where no one but the strongest trainers could possibly find it.

not to mention, the first games were made long before the anime was ever even planned let alone a movie. there were MORE games back when pokemon first came out too so i dont know how "multiple games per generation" is a new thing.

we had red and green, then we had blue to fix the sprites, then after the anime was a hit they decided to make pokemon yellow, which is the only time the games ever actively promoted the anime and even then it only consisted of a small cameo by jesse and james and letting you have a pikachu as your starter.

the only other gen with 4 games in the same region is gen 5.

also if we ever got a gen so small we only got 20 pokemon i would legitimately burn their office to the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

also i beat soul silver with spiky eared pichu. you can beat the games themselves with any pokeman you want
    20 pokemon with 10 formes and 3 Megas eachh. Please understand...

- - - Updated - - -

So, immediately after calling Lif a beast, it died to a Zubat with Wing Att. Castelia sewers are a scary place ._. I caught the Zubat and named it Batstard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Unless you're Kyurem-Black. All the poor guy needed was Icicle Crash.
    170 base attack and nothing to use it with. RIP Kyruem-Black.

10+ Year Old Account

3 more days till something happens.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I hope that they will showcase a new mega. Also, doing some speculation with some math...

We have 25 revealed pokemon, not counting potential evolutions. That's 1/6 of a pokedex counting 150 pokemon, or ~17%.

We have a full of 3 months ahead of us and a half one. Starting from June, they seem to release info two times per month, giving us an approximate number of 12 reveals per month, not counting features or Coro-coro leaks: what coro-coro once revealed, we saw it in the official trailer immediately after.

If we suppose that this number will be cut in half or even more, for a total of ~5 reveals per month by counting pokedex entries (so evolutions count as new pokemon), we will have a minimum of 15 more pokemon revealed until launch. This will bring the total revealed pokemon to 40, close to 30% of the pokedex.

Now, with the amount of info they are giving out, I doubt that they will cut the amount of pokemon revealed per month that much. If they limit the reveals to say ~8 reveals per month, then we will have 24 new pokemon until the launch (assuming that they reveal nothing in November, which also seems unlikely) giving us a total of 50 new pokemon revealed, for 33% of the pokedex, which is quite a lot. Based on that, it seems to me that the pokedex must be even bigger than 150, even close to 200.

Just random thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...rl_who_runs_a/

I just went on a trip through the thalassophobia subreddit. This certainly liftedd my spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by auxis View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/com...rl_who_runs_a/

i just went on a trip through the thalassophobia subreddit. This certainly liftedd my spirits.
    i liek dis

- - - Updated - - -

also thought id give you guys a personal update. i just got 28k $ ^-^ about to buy my vive and some new vidjya gaimez
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i liek dis

- - - Updated - - -

also thought id give you guys a personal update. i just got 28k $ ^-^ about to buy my vive and some new vidjya gaimez
    Woo!

- - - Updated - - -

So, I went to Kings Park last night. I caught, in GO:

1 Rhydon, 2 Oddish, 3 Electabuzz, 10 Magikarp, 3 Nidoran (2F 1M), 1 Bellsprout, 1 Exeggcute, 2 Geodude, 1 Gloom, 2 Hitmonlee, 3 Horsea, 2 Venonat, 1 Tentacool, 1 Golbat, and 1 Tangela. Not including the old mons that I caught extras of aswell.

For reference, 90% of the Stops had Lures on them, and there were thousands of people just hanging around playing GO. Thank god we were driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Ash vs Sawyer part 2 was awesome.