Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Fucking give Butterfree Hurricane already

GEN 5 AKA BLACKWHITE QUESTION:

Im seriously considering getting that stupid pokesaver cheat device whatevers its called (Its a physical device, with a USB cable and everything..). Now with GTS closed in 2014 gen5 cant trade, so to get...Say a Wish Blissey you're just out of luck. Was looking into this and more...but nope, not gonna happen

Anyone bought this thing before? I dont mind breeding, but when I cant even get the pokemon's Id like....cheating seems to be only way.

Does it even work for gen5, or is there any other way to trade in gen5 now?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Im seriously considering getting that stupid pokesaver cheat device whatevers its called (Its a physical device, with a USB cable and everything..). Now with GTS closed in 2014 gen5 cant trade, so to get...Say a Wish Blissey you're just out of luck. Was looking into this and more...but nope, not gonna happen

Anyone bought this thing before? I dont mind breeding, but when I cant even get the pokemon's Id like....cheating seems to be only way.

Cheating or the various unofficial mystery gift websites online are the only way to obtain event Pokemon for gen 5 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

If you have multiple DSes, atleast one of which is a basic regular DS or DS Lite, you can get a Flash Cart on the DS, through which you can play a ROM of a Gen 5 game which savedata you can easily edit on Computer. Then you can just do a regular trade to transfer the edited Pokémon from the Flash Cart game to a legit game. Local trading between two nearby machines hasn't been removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Apparently Go doesnt work in Bluestacks anymore for me. Is there an fix?

I'd also recommand/prefer a flash card

10+ Year Old Account
    Just if anyone doesn't visit Serebii (or other site like it if there are any) here's this awesome looking thing:

Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Apparently according to the text, it's a Pokémon, not an Ultra Beast despite looking very much like one.

pretty sure thats one o dem medabots
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So this just came from 4chan:
    IVs:
    >To Hyper Train, you need a Bottle Cap and a Pokemon at level 100
    >There are two types of Bottle Caps, one which max out one stat and one which maxes out all stats
    >Hyper Training doesn't actually set IVs to 31, it instead sets a flag that makes the game treat all IVs as 31, meaning that the ORIGINAL HIDDEN POWER IS KEPT
    >In other words, a Hyper Trained Ditto is not a 31 IV Ditto and will use the old imperfect IVs when bred
    >Bottle Caps can be obtained by trading Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Shards with a guy at the Festival Plaza. Shards can be obtained from the Pelago.
    >"hurr durr no blissey bases how do I get to level 100" - Levels can be raised using most of the same features that raise EVs (Plaza, Pelago) described below

EVs - The Poke Pelago (PASSIVELY TRAIN EVS WHILE YOU SLEEP OR DO SOMETHING ELSE)
    >At the third and final upgrade, Isle Evelup has 3 groups. Each group can have up to 6 Pokemon each and each group can focus on training one stat at a time.
    >WITHOUT Poke Beans, each group gains 4 EVs every 30 minutes (8 EVs per hour or 31 and a half hours to max a stat).
    >WITH Poke Beans, each group gains 4 EVs every 15 minutes (16 EVs per hour or 15 and a half hours to max a stat).
    >You can set the precise interval you want to train if you want to reach a specific final EV.

EVs - The Festival Plaza (FREE, INSTANT EV MAXING)
    >One of the booth types in the Plaza is a shop that sells EV boosting drinks (for Festival Coins - FC - basically Poke Miles). At the highest level, these shops sell drinks that can fully maximize a stat.
    >The shops can sell multiple EV maxing drinks ("Max HP", "Max Def" etc.) but you can only buy each drink once a day per shop (meaning that you could buy both the HP and the Def drink in one day).
    >You can have up to 7 booths in your Plaza, and they can be duplicates of one another. In other words, in the best case scenario, YOU CAN *INSTANTLY* MAXIMIZE EACH STAT UP TO 7 TIMES PER DAY
    >"hurr but how do i get a good booth" - You can check what booths both random players and friends have and clone their booths to your plaza. In other words, if someone gets a good booth, it can spread like Pokerus. Just add someone from /wfg/ with it and its yours. Quick and easy.
    >"hurr what if i only want 128 EVs" - There are medium and small size drinks as well in lower tier shops.

EVs - Wild Pokemon
    >it just like how it worked in gen 5, except faster (but not as fast as hordes) because of Exp Share and the fact that wild pokemon can summon allies for quick grinding.
    Not sure how true it is but if so that is amazing (The EV Festival part). Was a bit bummed about hordes being gone.
    Last edited by Mega Gengar; 2016-11-13 at 06:13 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pretty sure thats one o dem medabots

So they got rid of the EV training bags and the mini games where you shoot at the balloons? Gonna miss being able to EV train right off the bat a starter with a good nature for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    So they got rid of the EV training bags and the mini games where you shoot at the balloons? Gonna miss being able to EV train right off the bat a starter with a good nature for example.
    Apparently the new mechanic where wild pokemon call for help is...interesting EV wise :

First : "It looks like Power Items now give 8 additional EVs (8+1)*2"

Second : "tested EVs gain for two, three and four kills. Got:

18 + 54

18 + 54 + 36

18 + 54 + 36 + 36"

So it looks like EV training will be really really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Apparently the new mechanic where wild pokemon call for help is...interesting EV wise :

First : "It looks like Power Items now give 8 additional EVs (8+1)*2"

Second : "tested EVs gain for two, three and four kills. Got:

18 + 54

18 + 54 + 36

18 + 54 + 36 + 36"

So it looks like EV training will be really really fast.
    This also count Pokérus?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    This also count Pokérus?
    Yes Pokérus was on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If you have multiple DSes, atleast one of which is a basic regular DS or DS Lite, you can get a Flash Cart on the DS, through which you can play a ROM of a Gen 5 game which savedata you can easily edit on Computer. Then you can just do a regular trade to transfer the edited Pokémon from the Flash Cart game to a legit game. Local trading between two nearby machines hasn't been removed.
    That sounds way confusing compared to just the device...What is price in dollars for this (Have a old DS lying around already)? It would be about 40 dollars in my country for the devicse, and then it works for all gen's, even games in the future.

Edit:...Nvm, this device dosen't work for anything else but 3DS games aka XY/ORAS And the other devices are quite a bit messy, saw a few options, but they also cost...if I can even order them from a decent vendor....Buying from random website....no thx.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-11-13 at 03:58 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Changed my team around a bit, now gonna roll with;

- Incineroar
    - Araquanid - Checking calculators, seems like it would be a decent assault vest user. With a spread like 143 /134/144/63/152/62 at level 50, with 252 in attack and defense (or hp, your choice) Looking forward to testing it.
    - Machamp
    - Dhelmise
    - Ninetails
    - Mega Salamence

- - - Updated - - -

There's a damage calculator out now with the new pokemon included. - http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/

some of these ultra beasts stats at 100 are insane.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2016-11-13 at 08:32 PM.

So it was discovered that Araquanid Water Bubble doubles the power of Water Moves (thanks GF for not talking about it in the ability description...), the 'mon that was seen as completely useless is now interesting. I need to redo my team because it's one of my favorite design.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-11-13 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    So it was discovered that Araquanid Water Bubble doubles the power of Water Moves (thanks GF for not talking about it in the ability description...), the 'mon that was seen as completely useless is now interesting. I need to redo my team because it's one of my favorite design.
    Is that what it does? I thought it was like a water veil thing while also providing resistance to fire. If it gets the added double power boost to water moves, then shit, liqudiation will dent pretty much anything.