Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Sounds great. Higana/Zinnia's theme is probably my favourite theme from ORAS. Definately a Top 10-worthy theme overall, as well.

Tropius, Jumpluff and Shaymin sky are the only other grass/flying btw and let me remind you

THEY ARE ALL FUCKING ANNOYING TO FIGHT

Kinda wanna pick Litten now
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Still in need of Darkrai (Europe)
    if you can find a EU one great i never seem to see any one who is in EU online when i am the time zone diff sucks. cant get timid to save my life for well either.
    as for the other 2 i may end up just putting them up on the GTS and pming for specific mons to trade against maybe that will help with the timezoning issue with being online.

on another note i do have spare US codes for drakari, and i can get more if needed.

on a side note: if a US gamestop gives you attitude about a code just report the store location they are full of shit. i had one store give me an attitude with the mew code, i called the corp office and they went to the store the next day and the manager who literally lied to my face about not being able to give more than one code out was fired since it wasn't the first complaint about the same type of thing. the codes are not owned by gamestop or restricted per gamefreak to one per customer or any restricting to preordering so dont let them try and get away with it
    Pokemon X/Y & ORAS Friend Code: 0791-3189-0475
    BNET: Valefire#11460 - Twitter: @Valefire7

Quote Originally Posted by Valefire View Post
    if you can find a EU one great i never seem to see any one who is in EU online when i am the time zone diff sucks.
    I missed you being online for like 5 mins (or so my 3DS claimed) this morning so getting there! ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    on a side note: if a US gamestop gives you attitude about a code just report the store location they are full of shit. i had one store give me an attitude with the mew code, i called the corp office and they went to the store the next day and the manager who literally lied to my face about not being able to give more than one code out was fired since it wasn't the first complaint about the same type of thing. the codes are not owned by gamestop or restricted per gamefreak to one per customer or any restricting to preordering so dont let them try and get away with it
    I'm not sure I'd ever complain to corporate about the one per customer, but that's usually because to go to a single gamestop I have to drive and hour and then there are like 4 all fairly close by. Even then I can usually talk them out of an extra one or two when I tell them how far I have to drive. Now, if one ever tries that bullshit of preorder restriction, I will raise one hell of a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    Yeah, it's all down to translations. Typically, if a move doesn't make sense for a pokémon to have, it's most likely to do with the translations from the original Japanese name. For example: Tyranitar can learn Aerial Ace, and the description states that the user "confounds the opponent with speed", and I wouldn't call Tyranitar a speedy pokémon.
    Yeah, sometime sucks ^^

the best part is flying press in german.... flying press.
    yes, they took the english name instead of localize it.

I got legendary birds codes. I dont have the game so it is useless to me. I can give it to people who want it.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I'm not sure I'd ever complain to corporate about the one per customer, but that's usually because to go to a single gamestop I have to drive and hour and then there are like 4 all fairly close by. Even then I can usually talk them out of an extra one or two when I tell them how far I have to drive. Now, if one ever tries that bullshit of preorder restriction, I will raise one hell of a stink.
    well this store in particular had given me a ton of issues this was just the last straw sorta thing especially when there is 2 other stores within 5 miles of that location that understand the collection aspect of pokemon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    I missed you being online for like 5 mins (or so my 3DS claimed) this morning so getting there! ^^
    /shakes fist
    dangit...

of all the days not to bring my ds with me to work this is the day we literally have no work to do
    if i cant catch you guys online like i said i'll just set something up on the GTS worst case senario.
    Pokemon X/Y & ORAS Friend Code: 0791-3189-0475
    BNET: Valefire#11460 - Twitter: @Valefire7

Apparently some folks have discovered some possible hints at the typings of the evolved starter Pokemon.
    POTENTIAL SPOILER LINK.
    Note, these aren't confirmed in any way. It could just be an oversight or a joke? I don't know, I haven't done it myself.

If you don't want to watch the video -
    Litten - Either a pure Fire or a Fire/Ground type upon evolution.
    Rowlet - Either Grass/Flying or Grass/Ground upon evolution.
    Popplio - Likely Water/Fighting.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Apparently some folks have discovered some possible hints at the typings of the evolved starter Pokemon.
    POTENTIAL SPOILER LINK.
    Note, these aren't confirmed in any way. It could just be an oversight or a joke? I don't know, I haven't done it myself.

If you don't want to watch the video -
    Litten - Either a pure Fire or a Fire/Ground type upon evolution.
    Rowlet - Either Grass/Flying or Grass/Ground upon evolution.
    Popplio - Likely Water/Fighting.
    I hope these are not true, it would ruin the starters for me if Litten became fire/ground, Rowlet grass/ground and Popplio water/fighting. But yeah, saw that video too and went through it fast, as I didn't like the ideas from that video.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

/shakes fist
    dangit...

of all the days not to bring my ds with me to work this is the day we literally have no work to do
    if i cant catch you guys online like i said i'll just set something up on the GTS worst case senario.
    Yeah, can think something out Let's wait till weekend then and can then see. I'll put some Pidgey or some other lowie on GTS to trade for Darkrai in worst, should work Actually, can do that tomorrow come to think of that. Might be easiest to trade?

theres always the chance that the next thing they show on that page wont be starter evos
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    I got legendary birds codes. I dont have the game so it is useless to me. I can give it to people who want it.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres.
    Are you in the US? I still haven't gotten my codes for them so I am getting worried =/
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres always the chance that the next thing they show on that page wont be starter evos
    Agreed. It could also be a mislead. I'm not convinced about those types.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Are you in the US? I still haven't gotten my codes for them so I am getting worried =/
    I am in Turkey.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake but bird looks badass:
    Don't sweat the details!!!