Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktz385 View Post
    What does, 'that are normally multistrike' mean?
    He wants to know if he is gonna enchant with mastery or mulitistrike

Assuming you're going to be flipping between UH/DW Frost for ST/AoE, mastery will probably be the best bet to go for gems/enchants.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    He wants to know if he is gonna enchant with mastery or mulitistrike
    Yep this ^ is what I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    Yep this ^ is what I'm asking.
    Last time I read Skullflowers work he was saying Mastery is for single target and Multi for AoE as DW Frost, which I found mind boggling but that's my relationship with math in general.

If your playing DW for single target encounters and UH for the odd AoE fest then Mastery enchants make the most sense.

Deleted
    x2 685 HC weapons and go DW or stay with 700 flamebender weapon and play unholy till 6.2 weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    x2 685 HC weapons and go DW or stay with 700 flamebender weapon and play unholy till 6.2 weapons?
    With the buffs frost are getting and the small nerf to unholy I'd say go DW

You get a 695 wpn basically from doing quest chain in tanaan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Just do what Sunnydee said and you'll be good.

Deleted
    Thanks you 3 for the replies

2PC Nerfed. Is it a decent dps loss or minimal?

It's not as much as you prob think. But remember alot of other classes tier bonuses has been nerfed, so see it more as a lowering overall raid numbers instead of a specific class nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    It's not as much as you prob think. But remember alot of other classes tier bonuses has been nerfed, so see it more as a lowering overall raid numbers instead of a specific class nerf
    Good to know. Thanks Sunnydee.

You get a 695 wpn basically from doing quest chain in tanaan.
    hey there, i got a question about that quest chain, can you do it on the first week of 6.2 or is it random/time gated like the other garrison campaigns?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Last time I read Skullflowers work he was saying Mastery is for single target and Multi for AoE as DW Frost, which I found mind boggling but that's my relationship with math in general.

If your playing DW for single target encounters and UH for the odd AoE fest then Mastery enchants make the most sense.
    I was evaluating DW's AoE weights using a sustained patchwerk AoE scenario, which probably wasn't the best for getting DW's scale factors. In any case, MS is really close in value in comparison to Mastery so it hardly matters much. You likely won't see any differences between the two if you want to save some gold. I ran new tests with the HecticAddCleave profile and those results are posted on my google doc.

3 target: HecticAddCleave

3 target: Patchwerk

-------

Regarding the DWF rotation: the changes I made to the DW APLs resemble what we know from the MasterFrost playstyle, with some slight changes for optimizing 2p uptime:

- Obliterate is used when Killing Machine is active and Obliteration is not active (2p buff)
    - Obliterate is used when Killing Machine is active and Runic Power is below 25 (i.e. you can't Frost Strike)
    - Frost Strike is used when Killing Machine is active if the above isn't true
    - Obliterate is used when Unholy runes are capped
    - Howling Blast is used on Death/Frost runes

The biggest change you'll notice with the 6.2 playstyle is that you'll be pooling your Runic Power and Blood Tap charges in preparation for Killing Machine procs once the 4p is acquired. Additionally, Obliterate is used much more than we are used to due to the gains from maintaining Obliteration, and the frequent KM procs forcing us to use runes on Obliterate (this is still true with the 2p nerf). And yes this is a DPS gain over alternatives such as casting Plague Strike or HB'ing or waiting for runes to HB, etc.

-------

Regarding tier nerf, it's hardly noticeable. Around a 1% loss from our tier DPS gain (18.76% -> 17.63%) and ~2% loss in overall DPS (98k -> 96k).
    Last edited by Skullflower; 2015-06-21 at 07:00 AM.

So what's the best option for acquiring dw weapons for 6.2? I'll only have 30k Apexis, that will get me one weapon if im lucky. Profession vendors will still be rotating so if we're unlucky ore vendor will be last, also probably very expensive. Will we be able to get weapons from mythic dungeons or timewalking event?

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    So what's the best option for acquiring dw weapons for 6.2? I'll only have 30k Apexis, that will get me one weapon if im lucky. Profession vendors will still be rotating so if we're unlucky ore vendor will be last, also probably very expensive. Will we be able to get weapons from mythic dungeons or timewalking event?
    You will get one of the 695 upgrade thingies from a questchain, then you can buy a second for 20k apexis. meaning you get 2 695 ones.

Check here
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-06-21 at 04:27 PM.

You will get one of the 695 upgrade thingies from a questchain, then you can buy a second for 20k apexis. meaning you get 2 695 ones.

Check here
    wait i thought it only gave you a 2h? On the ptr i saw no 1h available for purchase.

I had the same question since i wanted to go back to DW frost for such a long time

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    wait i thought it only gave you a 2h? On the ptr i saw no 1h available for purchase.
    Clicky
    Asume its like the token thingies from some garrison missions. chance on 2h or 1h if your spec can use both.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-06-21 at 07:48 PM.

Clicky
    Asume its like the token thingies from some garrison missions. chance on 2h or 1h if your spec can use both.
    wow ok really cool thanks mate, i am guessing thought that the 1h and 2h cost the same then

Is it always best to use obliterate with unholy runes for the 2set bonus, or do you think theres a target treshold of some sort where using HB+PS instead would do more damage? Since the value of obliterate is the same if theres either 1 or 10 targets present, while HB damage can increase tenfold, or perhaps the rime proc and haste buff makes up for this?