Who are your favorite anime composers?

15+ Year Old Account
    Rokudenashi 02 - This was actually pretty good, and better than the first episode. The magic lecture was great. The near-rape scene, not so much. That was not needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Who are your favorite anime composers?
    Top 3:

Yoko Kanno - Cowboy Bebop, Zankyō no Terror
    Kenji Kawai - Ghost In The Shell movies, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
    Taku Iwasaki - Gurren Lagann, Jormungand

Honorable mentions:

Hiroyuki Sawano - Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill
    Yuki Kajiura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero
    Michiru Ōshima - Fullmetal Alchemist, Le Chevalier d'Éon

Ah, no love for Masaru Yokoyama or Yuki Kajiura?

Here's a video clip containing 3 minutes of Yokoyama GLORIOUSNESS!

Oh, and the Howard Shore of anime, brought to you by Yuki Kajiura!

10+ Year Old Account
    beat danganronpa #1 (again). Have to admit knowing pretty much the entire mystery dulls down the replay (especially some of the more misleading bullets in trials). I still despise bullet time battles, especially since I didn't have the reload 2 bullets per square press skill this time around.

Now to go through platinuming it
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    beat danganronpa #1 (again). Have to admit knowing pretty much the entire mystery dulls down the replay (especially some of the more misleading bullets in trials). I still despise bullet time battles, especially since I didn't have the reload 2 bullets per square press skill this time around.

Now to go through platinuming it
    Honestly, I dislike nearly all the 'action' parts of the trial. It gets especially bad in 2 since they added a ton more trial mini-games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On an unrelated note, Gundam 00 is available to view on Crunchyroll now...
    Well, I'll always have a soft spot for Gundam just because of Gundam Wing being one of my gateway anime. May have to put that on the list, along with all the other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Honestly, I dislike nearly all the 'action' parts of the trial. It gets especially bad in 2 since they added a ton more trial mini-games.
    What's sad is I feel the fan-translation did better for many of the action stuff: (chap 2) - toko's split personality hangman was literally DID if I remember right, but here it's "schizm" which was hard to get until I stared at possible letters for a full minute
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw Kizumonogatari III in theaters. Finally done with it, and got the third poster just like the ones from the other two movies while I saw it in theaters. Gonna get them all framed and side by side.

Movie itself was amazing as always, and a great set up to Bakemonogatari. There are hardly any surprises left in Monogatari, especially seeing as we already got the ending animated, but seeing it all click together was the true joy of it. Holy shit though, the animation keeps getting better. It was even better than the first two movies, and the entire second half was a pure eyegasm of animation.

10/10 as always.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kemono Friends - 9/10. I started this fully expecting it to be a joke, so it's kind of amazing how much I ended up loving it. It genuinely has some of the best worldbuilding I've seen in anime, quite reminiscent to stuff like Haibane Renmei or Sora no Woto. The way the plot unraveled was just perfect. The characters were also great, and seeing new locations and Friends each episode was so fun that it honestly had me watching episodes back to back, which isn't something I've done for any anime recently.

I was looking at some old comment threads and found this line which really sums up my thoughts about the show: "it's not a case of it's so bad it's good, it's a case of 'it shouldn't work but it did'".

The owls were the best. I want to live with the Professor and Assistant and cook for them every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    What's sad is I feel the fan-translation did better for many of the action stuff: (chap 2) - toko's split personality hangman was literally DID if I remember right, but here it's "schizm" which was hard to get until I stared at possible letters for a full minute
    Oh god, wait until you get to 2. There's a few moments like that but worse. The end of chapter 1 in particular has one so bad it's basically become a meme.

if were talking composers - the anime was trash tier, but the music in guilty crown was absurdly good.

Kemono Friends - 9/10. I started this fully expecting it to be a joke, so it's kind of amazing how much I ended up loving it. It genuinely has some of the best worldbuilding I've seen in anime, quite reminiscent to stuff like Haibane Renmei or Sora no Woto. The way the plot unraveled was just perfect. The characters were also great, and seeing new locations and Friends each episode was so fun that it honestly had me watching episodes back to back, which isn't something I've done for any anime recently.
    if you didn't know there's a short https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYqjDcKfZN0
    also they're working on a new project

mobile game is still dead so far though
    Last edited by bals; 2017-04-12 at 07:18 AM.

Rewatched Sakurada Reset's first episode since I'm more awake. Really strong episode.

- - - Updated - - -

So far I've watched:

Sakurada Reset - Really strong first episode. Watched it on Anime Strike when I was sleepy. The subs were good, but they weren't actually subs, but CC instead. It was like watching YouTube. They'll have to fix that before I would actually pay for a subscription. Anyways, the show did a great job in setting the stage, selling the premise, and leaving me wanting more. Animation is kinda iffy, as is the art, but the voice work was great and the music was good. Definitely see myself sticking with this one for a while.

Sakura Quest - Also a really good episode. Standard fare from PA, though, so it almost feels like a reskinned Hanasaku Iroha or Shirobako or a blend of the two. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'd like something fresh from this show. I still expect quality, and the first episode delivered.

Re:Creators - This was actually really fun to watch even if it did feel a little generic. Music was good and the show looked good as well. The CG was done really well and didn't look out of place. The eye catches are really stylish as well and everything just works visually. I liked the character design of the bad white haired girl a lot. I'll stick with this one as long as it stays fresh and fun. The scene where they were talking at a distance with gestures since they couldn't hear each other was fantastic.

Tsuki ga Kirei - Really cute first episode, but damn that CG is bad. Music was decent and voice work was solid. Started really slow but the last five minutes or so were good. I liked the scene with the boy boxing the string hanging from his ceiling. I get the feeling this show is going to end up being pretty cute.

Attack on Titan S2 - Not much to say about this one. It's more AoT, for better or worse. Not likely to stick this out.

Saekano fanservice episode - I missed this show. Feels like forever since the first season. Utaha and Megumi were great. Still think you cunts need to lay off Eriri.

Still want to watch Anonymous Noise, Bahamut, Shuumatsu/SukaSuka. Hopeful that I can watch them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Well, I'll always have a soft spot for Gundam just because of Gundam Wing being one of my gateway anime. May have to put that on the list, along with all the other stuff.
    be excited! there's going to be more gundam reconguista in g!

15+ Year Old Account

pink aoi is cute

suka suka might just be the cutest anime of the season.

Number 2 had the better music though.

This is a good season so far. Heard Eromanga Sensei was funny, so I might pick that up. OreImo was funny enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eromanga-sensei - This seems like it'll be better than OreImo. Just gotta see how it goes from here.

Fukumenkei Noise - Luth didn't like it, but I thought it was good. I loved the MC, even if she's a bit autistic.

Hinako Note - A bit too generic of a first episode, but it was still cute. I doubt I'll see anything original in it, but it could be fun with the theater stuff.

Re-Creators - This was definitely a surprise, even after hearing good things. This may end up being the show of the season, depending on how it goes. It's rare to get good original stuff, and I don't remember the last time we had an original show that actually got people excited, not to mention this has both Aoki and Sawano on the staff. Can't wait for episode 2.

So after watching the first episode of Suka suka I spent the last 6 hours or so reading translated novel online. get ready for one of those feel trains people. All aboard the clannad and your lie in April express.