Update Bios without cd?

hello

so i am thinking of a total fresh install and was wondering if i get MoBo drivers without having cd ? (misplaced it and cant seem to remember) .

also is it ok to run my gpu on a VGA cable with DVI extension on it? does it affect performance? seems like my monitors hdmi port isnt working (no response when using) so only other i had was a VGA so i hooked an extension DVI on my VGA on GPU end and kept VGA port for monitor side. is it ok?

thanks

Deleted
    Just go to the download page of your MB manufacture and download the current driver

Quote Originally Posted by acegaming90 View Post
    so i am thinking of a total fresh install and was wondering if i get MoBo drivers without having cd ? (misplaced it and cant seem to remember)
    Download the drivers from net to USB stick before doing the reinstall. Remember to open zip files if necessary.

also is it ok to run my gpu on a VGA cable with DVI extension on it?
    You can, but it will be lower quality (analog).

and about the 2nd Question ? is it ok to use a VGA with DVI extension on it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Download the drivers from net to USB stick before doing the reinstall. Remember to open zip files if necessary.

You can, but it will be lower quality (analog).
    ah that sucks... GTX 970 but having to be stuck with VGA /:

- - - Updated - - -

just Quick Question , what could be the reason my hdmi port isnt working? would like to avoid using VGA port >_> so if anyone got any idea / suggestion what to check let me know.

and about the 2nd Question ? is it ok to use a VGA with DVI extension on it?

- - - Updated - - -

ah that sucks... GTX 970 but having to be stuck with VGA /:

- - - Updated - - -

just Quick Question , what could be the reason my hdmi port isnt working? would like to avoid using VGA port >_> so if anyone got any idea / suggestion what to check let me know.
    can't tell you why your HDMI port doesn't work (probably driver errors) but if your Display has HDMI support, why not use a DVI -> HDMI cable?

There won't be any decrease in quality (at 1080p60 at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    can't tell you why your HDMI port doesn't work (probably driver errors) but if your Display has HDMI support, why not use a DVI -> HDMI cable?

There won't be any decrease in quality (at 1080p60 at least)
    coz i dont have DVI extension for my HDMI cable, only extensions i had were VGA to HDMI