Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The decisive thing was the picture... because you decide that that's the case?
    Its just the most probable thing its their fault for being so intransparent about it and having such a poor track record.

The signature strikes (killing people by mere demografic) are an open target policy so this picture provides more evidence then they ever needed whatever you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Its just the most probable thing its their fault for being so intransparent about it and having such a poor track record.

The signature strikes (killing people by mere demografic) are an open target policy so this picture provides more evidence then they ever needed whatever you say.
    Okay so you are guessing.

Just so we have this clear.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Okay so you are guessing.

Just so we have this clear.
    Nope thats more then a guess they are guilty until proven innocent they killed people without evidence.

Its not about the individual but about the instituionalized mass execution of people by mere demografic indicators
    Its public they don't hide it.

It would be a miracle if they had substantial information and had the "bad luck" to not miss this time.
    Its like the least best baseball team not winning the major league no that is not guessing.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-06-05 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill them all! Casualties will be expected.

Nope thats more then a guess they are guilty until proven innocent they killed people without evidence.
    No, what's clear is that you're guessing about exactly what is happening. You are no more naive about such things than the people who take any statements about the military's activities at face value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You are no more naive about such things than the people who take any statements about the military's activities at face value.
    My position should be the critical default stance given the matter at hand.

Even if the picture was not the reason it was fucking more then they ever needed and that is hard fact.
    Its highly improbable that they had something substantial and kept it under the cover when the open policy allows this shit on lesser grounds already.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know if you read the article you posted, you'd see that they do use evidence.

First off, your article was about CIA drone strikes. Your article elucidates (slightly) on CIA drone strikes ("signature" strikes), and not even any particular degree of inaccuracy beyond the fact that they didn't know two individuals were being held hostage in areas they attacked (which goes further to disprove your point because both attacked areas DID have militant combatants in them.) The strike in the OP specifies the actions of the Air Force, and a comparison between the two paints an obvious difference between the tactics employed.

In fact, the guy who wrote your very article speaks of the greater accuracy of "personality" strikes.
    From your article:

"To me, drone strikes over that time appeared to be generally accurate. My Taliban guards bitterly complained that the strikes killed senior commanders. They were particularly enraged by a strike that killed a senior foreign militant who had taught them how to make roadside bombs."

"In my experience, drone strikes triggered by specific information about individuals, known as “personality” strikes, are far more accurate"

Even the one that came close to killing him, and the one that killed the other hostage, WERE targeted (and did hit) militant targets.

I'm not arguing that drone strikes should be more accurate, but your argument is just complete horseshit.

Next time, you can start by reading your shit before you try and talk it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You know if you read the article you posted, you'd see that they do use evidence.

First off, your article was about CIA drone strikes. The article in question elucidates on CIA drone strikes ("signature" strikes), and not even any particular degree of inaccuracy beyond the fact that they didn't know two individuals were being held hostage in areas they attacked (which goes further to disprove your point because both attacked areas DID have militant combatants in them.) The strike in the OP specifies the actions of the Air Force, and a comparison between the two paints an obvious difference between the tactics employed.

In fact, the guy who wrote your very article speaks of the greater accuracy of "personality" strikes.
    From your article:

"To me, drone strikes over that time appeared to be generally accurate. My Taliban guards bitterly complained that the strikes killed senior commanders. They were particularly enraged by a strike that killed a senior foreign militant who had taught them how to make roadside bombs."

"In my experience, drone strikes triggered by specific information about individuals, known as “personality” strikes, are far more accurate"

Even the one that came close to killing him, and the one that killed the other hostage, WERE targeted (and did hit) militant targets.

I'm not arguing that drone strikes can be more accurate, but your argument is just complete horseshit.

Next time, you can yead your shit before you try and talk it.
    You would have to actually believe this happened and isn't just a PR stunt from America.

I would be soooo embarrassed if I took a selfi and an enemy used it to launch a successful attack. People would use your name in the place of the phrase "screwed up" as in 'I really Abduled yesterday.'

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Its more solid evidence then they need drone strikes have changed.
    That happens when you dont read up on the shit your country does.
    This was a manned aircraft strike by the USAF, not a CIA drone strike. The USAF in under pretty restrictive ROE, to the point that known ISIL fighters cannot be attacked many times because of the potential for civilian casualties.

Irony too stronk

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn US, why do you keep embarrassing ISIS?

Who said the Chair Force was bad? All that facebooking does pay off.

My position should be the critical default stance given the matter at hand.

Even if the picture was not the reason it was fucking more then they ever needed and that is hard fact.
    Its highly improbable that they had something substantial and kept it under the cover when the open policy allows this shit on lesser grounds already.
    Don't be sad, you should be celebrating.

Because that is more solid evidence then they usually act upon.

So called signature strikes call all male people basically as combatants
    and if 30 of them gather be it for a wedding or whatever and are in the jemen/pakistan or target destination of choice well....

Obama is joking about it while your country is liquidating people based on demografic indicides without further input america fuck yeah.

You ever see those Apache videos? sometimes they are 10 minutes long and you hear some of the confirming back and fourth, making sure the area is clear of friendlies/civilians but what you didn't see is the hours of recon done by drones and whatnot

The Air Force or any branch doesn't see some bullshit posted on twitter or take some fuckheads word for it then locate said place and send jets out to bomb it, that isn't how it works these days...those are WW2 tactics, bombing entire cities endlessly, this is however "war" and accidents do happen which there is no excuse for but again it happens

If you aren't American go take a look at your countries history, there is a good chance you'll find it committed some good atrocities but I guess history only whittled it down to the gems

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The confirmation part probably came along with: "So they do some work, long story short..." Possibly they monitored traffic on a spy satellite or with a drone. Maybe looked at EM radiation coming from the building, spotted heat from servers, identified specific people entering/exiting, whatever. I don't think the selfie alone made the decision.
    or

they just bombed the building just like they bomb people with drones? That is, without an actual proof?

The deceisive thing was the picture....
    by normal standards its more conclusive then some male guys sitting in the attic but not for those shitty drone strikes there
    its all better sorry then safe.
    You don't understand War or Human Nature do you? Please, understand, sadly, and it truly is a tragedy, but collateral damage is a fact of war, and it always has been.

War is a key part of human nature, and it never changes, we might develop new technology, and tactics, but war is hell, and its meant to be won.

Drone Strikes do accidentally kill civilians, but it's also killed A LOT of Shitheads, and if I ever die to a drone strike that also kills two nut jobs, then so fucking be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    You ever see those Apache videos? sometimes they are 10 minutes long and you hear some of the confirming back and fourth, making sure the area is clear of friendlies/civilians but what you didn't see is the hours of recon done by drones and whatnot

The Air Force or any branch doesn't see some bullshit posted on twitter or take some fuckheads word for it then locate said place and send jets out to bomb it, that isn't how it works these days...those are WW2 tactics, bombing entire cities endlessly, this is however "war" and accidents do happen which there is no excuse for but again it happens

If you aren't American go take a look at your countries history, there is a good chance you'll find it committed some good atrocities but I guess history only whittled it down to the gems
    Someone gets History, because if your British let us not forget India, you unleashing Hessians on Colonial Civilians, you're attempted genocide and enslavement of your Irish neighbors.

If your German then let us not forget WWI and WWII, where your entire tactic of the Battle of Britain was "Kill their families, destroy their homes, and they will be forced to surrender."

If your French, you probably dropped your gun and ran.

If your Scandavian you haven't really done shit sense well... the Viking Age, which as much as love it (and kind of wish I could be apart of it), not really your shining star of "awesomeness".

If your Spanish, good job silently helping Hitler hunt jews, murder native americans, destroy every major American Civilization you came in touch with, and forcing people to convert at the tip of the sword, Umayyad-Style.

If your Italian, well you had the mob, thanks for organizing crime i geuss, it helped end prohibition, so I'm actually thankful for that.

If you are American though, then your a mix of all of these, and that makes you the worst, fuck you.

- EDIT - If your Greek: PAY YOUR FUCKING DEBTS!

Deleted
    I wonder what happens to the guy that took the selfie. Lashes, head under body? I doubt they'll just be like, oh you silly!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post

Try telling the surviving member of a family that his relatives were killed in "an accident", "collateral damage" or whatever other bullshit you ameloriate your own conscience with. That's where ISIS get their recruits from.

Ultimately, the apologia for such atrocities is fallacious. In Europe governments suppressed countless terrorist movements without ever resorting to air strikes. The civillians deaths you see in Iraq and elsewhere are entirely a product of a cynical calculation which prioritizes soldiers over civillians-ironically a strategy which makes these wars impossible to win.

Most of us are keenly aware of the historical deficiencies of our own countries, part of the reason why european countries in general try and stay out of or at least moderate the excesses of these American oil wars.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2015-06-05 at 08:11 AM.