Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the robot allowed me to use addons....

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I would enjoy hunting them fat too much.

If however, I could be stationed just outside of a city that they were advancing on, I would gladly defend the inhabitants from incoming forces. That would both not be wrong and not be as addictive as hunting probably would.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

A: you took an idea meant to help people and turned it into an idea to kill people.
    2: I doubt most people would even be able to operate something like this. Imagine steel battalion for xbox 1 x100. Most people get confused with a remote control.
    eleventeen: human casualties in war have a sick role in population control for our species. When we switch soldiers for robots or cure cancer in the future, then the real issues with over population and resource consumption really hit the fan.

Yes, the world would be a better place without them, they deserve to die. As long as I don't see the actual blood and gore, I would be able to kill them without any worries.

You know what this is? This is the movie Toys, getting children to pilot planes and drones to wage war but make them think they are just playing video games.

You can do this already, join the military and do your best to get into the drone program.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'd stream it on twitch.

/edgesosharp.
    Just gotta hope there aren't any shirtless ISIS members.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Sure thing, sign me up. Can I customize my mech with particularly insulting graphics too? Make it play some obnoxious music at them while I gun them down?

7+ Year Old Account
    no i wouldnt

Depends what I get out of it. If the pay is good... then... well... yes

I probably would.

as long as we can be assured they are ISIS supporters, sure. i want to make sure they are all sprayed with some sort of flammable alcohol first though, then set on fire. (flamethrower alcohol robot ftw)they will have died violating their own laws and wont reach their own heaven.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Saw this MMO-C thread about a DARPA robot challenge

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ge-finals-2015

DARPA set up the challenge to simulate a natural disaster like an earthquake and the robots are meant to go into hazardous conditions and save people.

What if there were man shaped military robots that replaced infantry soldiers

Would you pilot one of these remotely, hunt down ISIS members and kill them? You, your human self would be safely sitting in a control center in Iowa.

These infantry robots could do whatever a human could only better. They would be stronger and faster. They would be armored with a an amazing amount of firepower, and carry a variety of sensors, radar, infrared etc.

The thing about infantry robots is that if it's a casualty, the people back home won't care because it's not human. The news reporter would say we lost a 213 robots today and civilians wouldn't bat an eye.
    I would spend more time wondering why the f. it was made kind of humanoid in appearance. Who does that? I mean really? What possible purpose would that serve? Smack some wheels on a gun and let that drive around shooting people or give a gun rotors and let it fly around shooting people. Cheaper in computing power, easier to learn to control. Win/win.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no difference with what you kill people. A gun or a remotely controlled robot.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I get paid for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Well yea, their names would be in red over their head and say <ISIS> under them. Green-named ISIS members would Archer and his pals.
    Lol, I was thinking of that. It really wouldn't be far off with some of the facial recognition tech that's coming out recently.

Whoa there...why would I want to kill Isis band members!?!?!
    Isis, one of the best bands that created a whole new music genre before these terrorist asshats made them change their name. It should be the other way around lol
    Last edited by Randomunknown; 2015-06-05 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not wouldn't be any worse than a Nuke, and only if we are talking about ISIS who has literally claimed war on everybody not bowing to them, sure.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Good thing we have ISIS to project perverted phantasies on, right?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    sure, why not.. nothing to do in WoW so I may as well do something.