I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Denmark: Happy constitution day & 100 year of women being allowed to vote

Since someone was talking about yesterday being some independence day for someone

Danish constitutions tend to be implemented on the 5th of june (1849 for the first edition) with the 1915 edition giving women (and servants i think) the right to vote for the Folketing (parliament)

Of course the latest edition of the constitution (and thus the one we supposedly celebrate) is from 1953

The text may be close to this: http://www.servat.unibe.ch/icl/da00000_.html

Telling us how the king (or queen) rules the land with an iron first and we all are slaves the Danish Lutheran Church.. ok maybe not quite. But it does speak overly much about kings

Deleted
    Stort tillykke/Congratulations.

Deleted
    I still say the 1849 constitution has all subsequent versions beaten as far as calligraphy goes

But hey, it's another long weekend - the third in a row if I'm not mistaken - so what's not to like

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    I still say the 1849 constitution has all subsequent versions beaten as far as calligraphy goes

But hey, it's another long weekend - the third in a row if I'm not mistaken - so what's not to like
    Frederik den Syvende, Af Guds Nåde Konge til Danmark, de Venders og Gothers, Hertug til Slesvig, Holsten, Stormarn, Ditmarsken, Lauenborg og Oldenborg
    Frederik VII, By the Grace of God, King of Denmark, the Wends and the Goths, Duke of Schleswig, Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Lauenburg and Oldenburg
    If he had not managed to die before (i think he died 1863?) the danish government got us into the war of 1864 i bet the defeat would have killed him
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2015-06-05 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    If he had not managed to die before (i think he died 1863?) the danish government got us into the war of 1864 i bet the defeat would have killed him
    If you're thinking of the titles, the Danish kings kept using them until Frederik IX in 1972. Queen Margrethe ditched them all, claiming that only men could inherit them anyway. But yeah, he reasonably young (aged 55) compared to his succesor (Christian IX) who lived to be 87.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    If you're thinking of the titles, the Danish kings kept using them until Frederik IX in 1972. Queen Margrethe ditched them all, claiming that only men could inherit them anyway. But yeah, he reasonably young (aged 55) compared to his succesor (Christian IX) who lived to be 87.
    Actually i was thinking of the territories lost in the war of 1864. It was a joke of sorts, the guy hands democracy to the country and we abuse it 15 years later to loose the territories of Schleswig, Holstein and i think Lauenburg.

Glædelig Grundlovsdag mine gæve landsfæller!

If only if we followed it. It's a good law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Actually i was thinking of the territories lost in the war of 1864. It was a joke of sorts, the guy hands democracy to the country and we abuse it 15 years later to loose the territories of Schleswig, Holstein and i think Lauenburg.
    Ah, good point. Although to be fair, the whole process was started by Christian VIII (who also gave Norway its constitution in 1814), but he died before it was finished.

Deleted
    Tillykke Danmark! Må I slå mange svensker med en pind.

//din hatede nabo Sverige

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Tillykke Danmark! Må I slå mange svensker med en pind.

//din hatede nabo Sverige
    http://satwcomic.com/favorite-friends

Also happy National Day/Vasa day tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Snapphane.
    Your face is a snapphane. I'm a Dacke.