Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Leftists that oppose the death penalty but love leftists who murder people?

What do you think about leftists who despise the death penalty but then turn around and embrace leftist leaders who slaughtered people, often using the government to do it.

Examples:

Fidel Castro: Castro took control of the Cuban government and used it to slaughter his enemies. Death camps were set up and if people who were not leftist got executed.

Che Guevara: This guy was pretty much urging Castro to do it. Loved the firing squad. Basically a mass murderer.

They turn a blind eye to that, but some right winger supports the death penalty and get can't get on their high horse fast enough.

I get this sense from some leftists that they hate the death penalty, but their brains can be tricked if you just reframe it as "justice in the name of the people's revolution!" Then the death penalty is just fine. In short, they are hypocrites.

If you can guarantee that there hasn't been a single innocent person past, present or future that was wrongly executed...

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    What do you think about leftists who despise the death penalty but then turn around and embrace leftist leaders who slaughtered people, often using the government to do it.

Examples:

Fidel Castro: Castro took control of the Cuban government and used it to slaughter his enemies. Death camps were set up and if people who were not leftist got executed.

Che Guevara: This guy was pretty much urging Castro to do it. Loved the firing squad. Basically a mass murderer.

They turn a blind eye to that, but some right winger supports the death penalty and get can't get on their high horse fast enough.

I get this sense from some leftists that they hate the death penalty, but their brains can be tricked if you just reframe it as "justice in the name of the people's revolution!" Then the death penalty is just fine. In short, they are hypocrites.
    Left wingers hypocrites? Nah! You have to be joking. I also like how people like to point out mistakes in the past but with current technology they are less likely to happen, in fact a lot of people have been found innocent thanks to knew technology.

How about just death penalty for people who have overwhelming evidence, like the Boston bomber

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah speaking for myself, the problem is that the death penalty doesn't actually solve anything, and the only way for it to produce the kinds of impacts the right wingers would want, you would have to do a few things like completely circumvent the constitution, and just go right from the court to sentencing to the gas chamber. However some probably wouldn't even rather bother with the court system at all.

I do find it hilarious anytime you right wingers can make some kind of pathetic point like bringing up Castro or Che Guevara, believe it or not a great deal of people on the left don't give a flying fuck about Castro or Che, and even if some do, what does that have to do with the U.S justice system?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Because as well all know, people on the left wing are a hive mind who all think the same, act the same, and have the same opinions. The same is true for everyone on the right, all gay people, all straight people, all white and all black. Every group thinks in exactly the same way, so they're all a bunch of hypocrites.

Alternatively, one person on the left has a problem with the death penalty, while another doesn't. But that'd be too complicated! Nah, better to generalize and strawman. That's so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    In short, they are hypocrites.
    Like most humans, yourself included.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

I doubt many of these "leftists" you speak of are even aware of what kind of people Che Guevara and co. truly were. They're not hypocrites, they're uneducated. They only know the romantisized version of these "freedom fighters".

Examples:

Who is turning a blind eye to these two 50 year old examples or yours? There is a rather large difference in choosing to kill somebody as a form of punishment and not chasing down every revolutionist around the world.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    If you look hard enough into any political view point, you will always find comprimises and hypocrisies. The same can be said for people.

Examples:

Shockingly enough, you can agree with a person's ideals without agreeing with their methods.

Hell, I agree with W that the middle east desperately needs freedom and democracy and other general societal modernization. I don't agree that it can or should be accomplished at gunpoint.

Deleted
    Sometimes you have to do things that look bad but the end justifies the means, you know

Deleted
    Fidel Castro and Che Gueverra have been turned into idealistic images of freedom fighters.

It happens with time. Just look at ninjas - assassins and murderers of medieval Japan and now you have cartoons for children with the. Vikings? Rapists, pillagers and murderers, now it's cool to be a viking. Pirates? Rapists, robbers and murderes, now they teach your kids grammar. Only a matter of time before nazis becomes something to look up to, as well.

Here is the one that gets me, Leftist that oppose the death penalty but are for abortion.

They don't want to put someone to death that has killed, raped, etc...they want tax payers to keep them up the rest of their life but they are all for killing an innocent child.

That has always confused me about the left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Today I learned that all leftist agree with each other.
    When will people learn the difference between the authoritarian left and the liberal left?

Quote Originally Posted by Cable man View Post
    Fidel Castro and Che Gueverra have been turned into idealistic images of freedom fighters.

It happens with time. Just look at ninjas - assassins and murderers of medieval Japan and now you have cartoons for children with the. Vikings? Rapists, pillagers and murderers, now it's cool to be a viking. Pirates? Rapists, robbers and murderes, now they teach your kids grammar. Only a matter of time before nazis becomes something to look up to, as well.
    To be fair, the nazis had some amazing uniforms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    Here is the one that gets me, Leftist that oppose the death penalty but are for abortion.

They don't want to put someone to death that has killed, raped, etc...they want tax payers to keep them up the rest of their life but they are all for killing an innocent child.

A fetus is not a human being.
    The death penalty is also more expansive and risks an innocent being killed.

Atleast try doing some basic research before opening your mouth.

Deleted
    A foetus is not a child in its initial stages. When exactly does it become a "child" in your book? At the moment the sperm cell enters the egg? At the moment the single celled egg divides into two cells?
    Is masturbation child murder? Cause I'm pretty sure I killed billions of children by now.
    Last edited by mmoc10aaec26b2; 2015-06-05 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted

You are comparing apples with oranges. Abortion isnt killing a innocent child. Its throwing a worthless peace of meat away, who neither does live nor has a soul. Its just pure dead meat. Afaik it doesnt even breath or anything. Thats like saying raping a plasticdoll is as bad as raping a real women. Also: Abortion is a human right. Youre pretty much against human rights / UN Charta at this point, i hope you know this because no sane human would be against human rights.
    Last edited by mmoca4758c2a59; 2015-06-05 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    If the left is bad because of Castro, does that mean the right is bad because of Hitler?

10+ Year Old Account

Examples:

You are very obsessed with the term leftist....

Che a mass murderer....... lmao......
    Only on the internet....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Cable man View Post
    A foetus is not a child in it'\s initial stages. When exactly does it become a "child" in your book? At the moment the sperm cell enters the egg? At the moment the single celled egg divides into two cells?
    Is masturbation child murder? Cause I'm pretty sure I killed billions of children by now.
    Doesn't matter in my book, I know the brain and heart develop in just a few days. With that said when 2 adults lay down with one another they know the inherit risk of it, just think, if abortion was legal you may have never been born...at what point were you a child?

Examples:

You're sort of adding a parameter that's not necessary to feel disgust and contempt. Celebrating mass murderers like Che, like the Castros, like Mao is plenty, doesn't matter if they are hypocritical about celebrating mass murderers, doing it at all is bad enough.

EDIT: Che Guevara was known as "The Butcher of La Cabaña", i.e. his personal Dreadfort from which he did his Ramsay Snow act. He was vermin, and -- best case -- every t-shirt and poster you see of him announces the owner's sheer ignorance, if not their total moral ambivalence.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2015-06-05 at 12:18 PM.