Mythic Blast Furnace Help

Hey guys, so last night my guild went and worked on Mythic Blast Furnace for the first time and phase 1 sucked as much as people have said in the past. We really never could get comfortable trying several different group make ups, with all being a struggle. I was wondering how others handle phase 1, i.e. how many tanks and healers. And also how many engineers do you keep up at one time. I have heard of some guilds having 3 up per side, some 2, and some only 1. Thanks for the help.

Deleted
    You can try with 3 or 2 tanks, both are viable, but 2 tanking will make the fight easier later on since you will lose some damage with 1 less dps. We usually have Monk tank taking Foreman, but was no problem even when DK tank took him. Make sure people are focusing Operators till they are 50% HP, once they are below 50% they are the last priority, have people swap to Guards there and cleave operators.

For engineers, we found that they usually get cleaved down way too fast, so priests MC them and put all the bombs on 1 range that is standing still and dropping the bombs (usually warlock). When MC is over and engineers die, make sure your melee or even range grab those bombs and run them in! Thats the most important part. Usually we will have 1 engineer up at a time, just before 3rd operator spawns there might be 2 of them up. If people are on point with running bombs you should be done with P1 soon after 3rd operator spawns.

You should be able to 3 tank without it having a meaningful effect later.

Bombs depend on if you've got enough people to solo bags. If so, just kill em fast.

Deleted
    If you wanna do it fast and without too many issues dont kill the engineers til you can use the sacs to finish it off.

2 markers each side of furnace for 2 spots to place bombs. We generally MC first engineer, but its to prevent it from dying too early, not because you need to. Our normal strat is kill operators asap, when 2nd dies we kill 2 engineers at same time on furnace blow the sack and we are done like 2 bombs after.

We tried this with BL on 2nd and got 14 energy as best iirc, but decided it wasnt worth getting it that low, so just BL on last primal instead.

We 3 tank tho, its just a matter of choice since I am prot pala on that fight meaning I can get all interupts on firecallers so dps dont have to do it.

Deleted
    Hey there buddy, recently progressed it with a mediocre guild.

We had a Monk Tank take Foreman and a Warrior go to the opposite side... We split our mages up, both playing Fire.. As the above said Blast Furnace with this current gear is mainly a Single Target -> Cleave fight but if it's raid damage you lack, people shouldn't hesitate playing AOE spec (Warlock/Cata or Mage/Fire). It is all just target priority... Make sure that bellows get nuked to 50% ASAP.

We did the bombs with Two engineers and just before the third spawned we would kill the oldest engineer. If you could provide some logs, I'd be more than happy to take a glance over them for you.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the suggestions. We are going back in to work on Blast Furnace again tonight and hopefully with all this help we make serious progress.

You should be able to 3 tank without it having a meaningful effect later.
    Last edited by agugxidona; 2015-06-08 at 06:01 AM.

Deleted
    Hey, as we have done so many different variations and still working on the fight, i'll tell you what we've learned so far.

Ultimately phase1 depends heavily on how many priests you have to MC, the tank setup or healer assignments aren't really too demanding other having some classes just makes it easier to heal/mitigate in later phases. We are using currently 2 spriests MC'ing on either side(you can use a healer priest on the side with 3 healers as well, doing so gives you more foreman dps, which is a help for p2). Our current MC rotation goes like this.

First Engineer DPS'd to low hp, then MC'd for full duration.
    Second Engineer DPS'd to low hp, then MC'd for full duration.
    Third Engineer tanked and killed at regulator. (moved there/knocked there close death)

Of course you DPS Operators below 50% as first prio on all waves, assuming your DPS is keeping up alright you should be killing the third engineer before the MC breaks on the second one. With this we would normally start P2 with 20 heat or less, pretty much 4heat from first operators, 14 from 2nd, and closing the regulators pretty soon after 3rd operator spawns. At which point you mop everything up for phase 2 positions.

And yeah, personally i don't see any benefit over which tank class you have or is doing what on this fight, the only major effect they have is how well they are able to keep mobs out of shields so your DPS doesnt suffer. Phase2 and 3 are a whole different ball game though.

Also another tips for MC'ing in phase1, the engineers can't die if they are MC'd, so if you have enough dots on them and time your MC's, they just die when MC breaks, so you can place them at the regulator and have someone with cooldowns use them very easily. If they have extra health, you will need to stun them and execute them whilst dealing with everything else. Be advised that whomever you are using as the cluster/bomb guy, can get rupture so you need back ups, it's not a huge issue as long as your guys are aware to help out.

If you're MCing, the bomb target person should be the Priest doing the MC. Priests do not get targetted by other bombs or Rupture and all it requires is for them to stand under the regulator while they're channeling the MC.