View Poll Results: Is WoW bad or are u just done with it?

Voters
716. This poll is closed
  • You might be right. Maybe i'm getting too old for this game.

99 13.83%
  • I never spend thousands of hours into other games, so its kinda logical im burned out.

101 14.11%
  • No. WoW is bad. I dont like it so WoW is bad.

266 37.15%
  • I still like WoW!

250 34.92%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

Blizz is phoning it in anymore. In addition to drastically under-delivering on WoD promises, StarCraft II and Diablo III are updated graphics and some tweaks...neither are evolutions of the game that should have taken place considering how old their predecessors are. Heroes of the Storm is a watered down MOBA, not a leap forward. Hearthstone is a decent card game. Where the heck is the company that took Dune II and elevated it further with Warcraft? Where the heck is the company that successfully pulled off a reasonably balanced 3 faction RTS? Where the heck is the company that elevated MMORPGs to the next level of greatness? I haven't seen that company in years now.
    It seems your opinion is "WoW is crap, Heroes of the Storm is crap, Hearthstone is crap, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are crap..." I hate to break it to you, but millions of people LOVE those games. So I'm sorry that you don't like them anymore, but that doesn't mean Blizzard is producing lower quality games. Only from your point of view. Also I'd love to know what promises you speak of that Blizzard made to you and then didn't deliver. Please share

Quote Originally Posted by captainkanji View Post
    The level of quality in WoW has never been so low. The game is clearly being influenced by the Blizzard Store. All of the items in the store should have been in the game as content. I'm not so sure Blizz got the message with the last quarter. Developing MMOs is hard work. F2P card games, not so much. This is the trend in all of gaming. Putting out incomplete games that have to be fixed day one with patches or worse, paid downloads to get core content.
    I feel the quality is at a high point, the amount of longer lasting content is a different story. But I strongly disagree with the game being influenced by the store. most of the "best" looking mounts according to forum goers seem to be mounts that are obtainable in the game. Sure there are some fancy ones in the shop, but seriously look at the shop and compare it to any other MMO shop it is not even close. Hell HotS just went public and has a shit ton more items to buy.

For your last part I agree but all you have to do is look at your fellow gamers who keep buying the same garbage year after year knowing full well what they are doing then turning around and blaming the game companies. At least with WoW for me, I know what I am getting for my money and I fell it is more than enough for what what I get back just from 6-9 hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Lets look at some facts:
    You not enjoying a game and You not enjoying the content, doesnt mean a game is bad.
    Obviously Blizzard researched the market like any billion dollar company does and decided this was the way to go based on numbers and statistics.
    Currently, as far as we know, 7 million people still play WoW.

Maybe, and i know this is hard on forums, we should all take a step back and reflect for a second
    We have been playing this game for years and hours on end.
    In the 10 years of WoW, our interests might not be what they used to be.

Most complaints are about "how it used to be". Cant it just be that we are burned out, simply because we've spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours in this game? Hell my main has 200 days played. Thats 5000 hours. Name ONE other game you played for 5000 hours before you were bored with it.

Maybe we should all reflect and conclude that WoW isnt for us anymore. We've grown out of it. And thats ok. Let the new generation enjoy it and find something else.

Thoughts?
    Bad choices. WOW overall is still an amazing franchise. It's just WoD that stinks on ice.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    It seems your opinion is "WoW is crap, Heroes of the Storm is crap, Hearthstone is crap, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are crap..." I hate to break it to you, but millions of people LOVE those games. So I'm sorry that you don't like them anymore, but that doesn't mean Blizzard is producing lower quality games. Only from your point of view. Also I'd love to know what promises you speak of that Blizzard made to you and then didn't deliver. Please share
    You know, Blizzard would have to REALLY fuck up for them to suddenly go down to like 2-3 million subs; People don't always quit when they're bored. To a lot of people, 10 quid a month is nothing and they'd rather just keep the ability to log on in case they get the urge for it - Sub numbers don't always reflect the quality of a game like WoW at this point.

I'm taking a break from Wow, not only due to a partial dissatisfaction with the game, but also due to RL pressures. Once I get everything sorted, I may go back and check out 6.2.

I may not. I have been playing for a while, and I'm enjoying playing other games I never quite go the chance to finish during my break from Wow.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I guess he missed the memo about how Blizzard likes to take games in genres and make them more accessible to a broader audience. They achieved their "next level of greatness" by making niche genres more appealing to the general masses. How does this happen? The simple answer is by watering down the games. This has been going on since they started the company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I'm taking a break from Wow, not only due to a partial dissatisfaction with the game, but also due to RL pressures. Once I get everything sorted, I may go back and check out 6.2.

I may not. I have been playing for a while, and I'm enjoying playing other games I never quite go the chance to finish during my break from Wow.
    I need to ask what those other games were and why couldn't you play them while playing WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with all the Flying backlash it is a perfect oppurtunity to get the game fixed with what has been plaguing the game since Cataclysm.

I think the game sucks so I'm done with it. I'm not the audience Blizzard wants to play their game anyway. They are more interested in attracting any low hanging fruit they can.

I still like WoW, and I always come back and play a little.
    I just feel I have enjoyed it enough. I can always come back to check the game if I feel like it, I have enough gold, and it's not like a prepaid code is way too expensive to pay a month.

I have never felt the game is bad, broken or boring. When I'm done playing, I just stop and play again when something new comes out.
    Even if I miss old skills, raids, dungeons, zones. The thing I miss the most are the friends I used to play with, and no content will bring them all back like when we started playing and that's alright, times change, you move on with your lives. Nothing ever stays the same, that's when it becomes boring!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert View Post
    Keep in mind there are people like myself who are subbed simply becasue
    A) Its free
    How is it free? your time to aquire gold is free? the effort you put into aquiring it is free? bullshit

i wont come back while garrisons and follower missions are still in the game with any level of importance. thats a horrible playstyle. its not fun at all. i play for immersion and for social activity, not getting diverted into ordering followers to run missions for me by the temptation of easy gear and gold.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't think it's bad, I think we are just in the middle of the typical mid-expansion slump, it happens during every expansion. The current content is getting old and boring, and the next expansion hasn't been announced yet, as soon as the next expansion is announced their will be a surge of interest, and then a late expansion slump when the next expansion takes far longer than people want to arrive before everybody rushes back a few weeks before the next expansion to gear up.

Deleted
    the game is pretty bad right now. wod was a marketing stunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD mainly just failed in the world content route. Not enough solo world content, and the rewards for what exists aren't very good. 6.2 fixes the rewards, but the content is the same thing. If you liked 6.0 and apexis dailys, but felt the rewards were lacking then 6.2 will be fun for you. If you hate apexis dailys and dont raid, then just unsub now. I wouldn't say WoW(WoD) is bad, but its definitely not as good as it should be. Atm its a B mmo imo. Good, but not worth subbing to. If I didn't have years put into it I would leave.

Cata had a good theme, and good content until 4.3. 8/10 theme. 6/10 overall content. Woulda been more like 8.5 until DS. 7.0 final score.
    MoP had fantastic content, but a pretty meh theme. Content 8/10 Theme 7/10. Knocking 1 points off the content because of 5.4 14 month wait. 7.5 Final score.
    WoD so fat has an okay theme and meh content to me. 7/10 theme. 6/10 content. Would be more like a 4, but the raiding is great. 6.5 final score.

Now, the one to hold them up too. Wrath.
    Wrath had good content, and a fantastic theme. While 3.3 lasted too long, the dungeon finder held it together nicely to me. Theme 10/10. Content 9/10. 9.5 final score.

Joined too late into tbc to judge it, but what I played of it, it would have been an 8.5 or 9/10 at the time, but now days it would be more like a 6. Maybe my nostalgia for wrath it too high, but im sure it would still rank higher than MoP, Cata, or WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    There sure are a lot of people proclaiming that WoW is bad who still post on these forums many hours a day.

Seems like WoW is that ex girlfriend they can't stop leaving creepy/stalker voicemails for.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    There sure are a lot of people proclaiming that WoW is bad who still post on these forums many hours a day.

Seems like WoW is that ex girlfriend they can't stop leaving creepy/stalker voicemails for.
    Or debating aspects of the game is more entertaining than playing it. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets look at some facts:
    You not enjoying a game and You not enjoying the content, doesnt mean a game is bad.
    Obviously Blizzard researched the market like any billion dollar company does and decided this was the way to go based on numbers and statistics.

Maybe, and i know this is hard on forums, we should all take a step back and reflect for a second

Most complaints are about "how it used to be". Cant it just be that we are burned out, simply because we've spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours in this game? Hell my main has 200 days played. Thats 5000 hours. Name ONE other game you played for 5000 hours before you were bored with it.

Maybe we should all reflect and conclude that WoW isnt for us anymore. We've grown out of it. And thats ok. Let the new generation enjoy it and find something else.

Thoughts?
    Less loaded questions please.

I get it. It sucks to see the game in a shitty, probably unrecoverable slide.

But that's life for you. Some things you just have to deal with.

But extrapolating perceived shitty qualities onto the players that don't like it, and are leaving (and rightly so), is not the way to do it.

The OP has a point. What can you really do to a 10-year old game to attract players without changing its core gameplay?

Personally I feel WoW has already lived past its intended expiration date, and any means to extend its life doesn't generate as much excitement. There is only so much you can do with a 10-year old game before everything becomes re-hashed.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Lets look at some facts:

Thoughts?
    Yep, I always said WOW was hurt by it´s own success. Because they make so much money, it is impossible for them to shake things up. The devs can make minor changes, but can really be creative anymore.

As a player, just the grind and constraints became too obvious. Because WOW is so popular, everything is mathed out by fans.. it is very hard for players to ever get an advantage or be ´strong´.... simply put, the devs have you in this very narrow corridor of advancement.. x number of item upgrades, which increase your ilvl Y amount of points... everything is so micromanaged that it is boring.

I think WoTLK was the peak of WOW, not because of content, but because with LFD it was the first time the majority of players got to the point of the game where they were grinding for weekly ilvl increases. It was fine in WotLK before it was the first time, but then you start to have to repeat it every expansion and every raid teir and it is just boring for casual players.

Considering MoP was my favourite expansion by a significant margin, and I can point to a lot of specific changes between then and now that have contributed to me unsubbing, I'm fairly sure it doesn't have much to do with me being tired of the overall game.

I thought I might just be tired and bored of things mid way through Cataclysm, but Pandaria completely reinvigorated my enthusiasm for WoW when it launched. I think that expansion was a testament to how great even an old game can continue to be when the developers are enthusiastic about what they're doing and have a lot of smart, talented people making the decisions. I have a lot of faith that the devs can hook me back in, it's just a case of them putting out content that's, you know, well designed again.

WoD has been an absolute trainwreck of errors so far. They're not vague things related to the tone and feeling of the experience, but tangible, objective design changes you can point to and say "this was executed poorly". Flying is a great example. Removing it could've been great if they designed the overworld properly to compensate, or only disabled it in certain areas (MoP style), but they didn't. Garrisons could have been amazing if they were more of a side activity rather than the nexus of everything you do, but they aren't. Dungeons this expansion are great, but the lack of dungeon currencies removes all of their long-term replay value. Ability pruning was a smart idea, but it was botched in numerous instances, resulting in a lot of specs with significantly less fun, depth, and flexibility than they had before. And, of course, there's Ashran.

These are among the core problems that make WoD not a whole lot of fun to play for most people, not a vague sense of genre fatigue.