Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Heh the sarcasm went right over your head.

If anything, sith warrior is more like the wow warrior. Rage builders, rage dumps, aoe is very similar is visual style, cleave - sweeping strike, thunderclap, forget the sith warrior ability at the moment. They both have a charge, both have a kick, and stun, and an aoe melee range stun.

Inquistor (Assasin Spec) is similar to rogue (stealth melee class).

Bounty Hunter (Ranged specs) are similar to Wow Hunters (Channeled Shots, Instant Shots, limited constantly regenerating resource (focus) (heat, or lack there of) that you can rebuild with abilities.

Inquisitor Healing spec reminds me of Disc Priests in wow.

But I wouldn't say that any of them are copies. All of the SWToR classes feel like they belong in that universe, but certain classes lend themselves to certain play styles.

Played a stealther in wow? Probably want to try assasin.
    Warrior/Druid Tank? -> Immortal Juggernaut
    Ret Paladin? -> Venge Juggernaut
    Fury Warrior, Dps Dk? -> Marauder
    Hunter? -> Mercenary Bounty Hunter

Honestly the swtor combat system is very fun if a bit clunky and it has a little too much button bloat. They need to trim some abilities, and balance the abilities to use a priority system rather than a clunky rotation based system. I hate having to weave worse abilities before stronger ones so that the strongest ones occur in specific window to get max dps.

Maybe I need to practice until it becomes muscle memory.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does the 12xp epic story boost work? Does this mean I can do only story quest and level up just fine? And is this still available if I sub?
    Last edited by Weezing; 2015-06-18 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    How does the 12xp epic story boost work? Does this mean I can do only story quest and level up just fine? And is this still available if I sub?
    Yes, doing only the class quests and the major planetary quests without any bonus objectives, puts me around 4 levels above the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Yes, doing only the class quests and the major planetary quests without any bonus objectives, puts me around 4 levels above the curve.
    Even skipping the planetary quests will usually have you a couple levels over the curve. Only quests I did on my recent Agent were Class and a mandatory one or two (Quesh innoculation, Hoth gear, maybe?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    So yah, who copied who?
    There's a chart or two floating around that directly shows, ability vs ability, a couple of WoW/SW:TOR classes and how they are the same.

There is plenty that TOR did differently, but some classes mechanics were lifted directly.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The 12X is staying around till around early Oct. (The expansion comes Oct. 27) It will end a week or so before that because of the early access that comes from subscribing from now till release.

And yes, all you have to do is the class story missions. You can skip all other quests if you want. You can even use an EXP boost if you want for a little extra boost.

I leveled another toon with it just recently. I did nothing but class missions, then Makeb story starting at 47. Then SoR story at 55. I ended up finishing the SoR story just after I hit 59. Did dailies for 2 hours and hit 60.

I recommend saving 7 1 hour expiernce boosts for 55+. Then doing it in this order

Class story 1-14(15)
    Fleet - Talk to all the crew skill trainers for free xp.
    Do the solo flashpoint to get 15 if you didn't hit 15 already.
    Get your first speeder, and speeder training
    Class story 14 (15) -20
    Do 2-3 space missions
    Class story 20-47
    Makeb 47-52
    Finish class story at 52
    Finish makeb or get to 55
    Start SoR content. Get to 60
    Do ziost for free 190 gear.

The above can be done in 2 days if you spacebar convos. If you haven't seen the story probably 4-5 days.

FML... Shamans suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    I leveled another toon with it just recently. I did nothing but class missions, then Makeb story starting at 47. Then SoR story at 55. I ended up finishing the SoR story just after I hit 59. Did dailies for 2 hours and hit 60.
    I finished the class missions at 48 or 49, did Makeb story + side missions on Makeb and was like 56 when I finished Makeb. I ended up hitting 60 on the first mission on Yavin. (On my bounty hunter reboot)

I do wonder if various classes may vary in Story XP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is actually an interesting list you made there. I did have a look at FF 14 and no matter how good that game is, the anime / manga themed characters are a 100% turn off for me. And while I am a huge Star Wars fan, I am a fan of the time of the films from 1977-1982. And in PC games, fantasy world games always beat Sci Fi games for me.

What I am trying to say is that people might pick a game based on different things. It could be looks. I could be the theme. It could even be such a thing as combat responsiveness.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but how can you defend one feature as not being a rip off, then turn around if another games does something and call it a rip off?
    Or in your case - Not made by Blizzard, not interested. Made by Blizzard - I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I finished the class missions at 48 or 49, did Makeb story + side missions on Makeb and was like 56 when I finished Makeb. I ended up hitting 60 on the first mission on Yavin. (On my bounty hunter reboot)

I do wonder if various classes may vary in Story XP.
    They are all pretty close. If you go straight through, don't do any extra missions, dont kill any extra enemies, don't explore too much, don't touch a holocron, or do anything except power through the story missions you should be around between 50 and 51 (unless you also skip all the story missions bonus xp).

if you do the worlds where you get 2 world quests at a time out of order it makes you loose about a level in the end.

That being said, usually don't finish the class story at 47, I just drop everything and go do makeb until 52. at 53 the level 47 class missions start to go grey.

FML... Shamans suck.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised you'd be so low by the end of the story missions. Just by using only the complimentary 25% xp bonuses you get from class quests, most of my characters are level 50-51 if not further by the time the class missions are over. Hell, on my bounty hunter he is almost 55 and I haven't stepped foot on Makeb. Most people don't realize that the Illum missions actually give the 12x XP as well so if you're lucky, you can skip most if not all of Makeb and go straight into the SoR expansion.

For some reason, Ilum never clicked with me, so I skip it entirely. Even when there was nothing else to do before it went F2P I still didn't care for Ilum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh it's not too bad. It's just boring, like a purpleish hoth 2.0. However, I'd rather do an hourish of Illum than multiple hours of Makeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Eh it's not too bad. It's just boring, like a purpleish hoth 2.0. However, I'd rather do an hourish of Illum than multiple hours of Makeb.
    Makeb is pretty much a straight run for me, Ilum was all back and forthy and tedious. Corellia is the worst for me though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shrug to each their own. I'll agree Corellia is the worst planet by far.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've wondered revisiting the game myself. The last time I played was when Illium was basically win-traded back and forth in the middle of the field destroying the landing vessels and walkers or w/e. My name is probably gone too.

Really dug the Sniper!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely....for the Story Missions, those were done so RIGHT that I resub every now and again just for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    You mean 1.5 hours on makeb to do level 47-56 if you dont care about going back to finish your story? 9 levels in less than 2 hours....

FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Shadow of Revan worth the $20?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Eh. I mean its an interesting story, but it's pretty short and has really low replayability on multiple characters. On the other hand $20 isn't much money so I'd say yeah it's worth it. If you're really on the fence about it you can wait until October and sub and you'll get it for free.

15+ Year Old Account
    In terms of cash vs time spent, it's worth it when you compare it to DLC other games put out. I look at SoR as that, DLC as opposed to a true expansion. The Fallen empire though, that looks like a true expansion.