Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    .. and then Bioware changed the game to double worse than before KOTFE.

With the companion nerf i cannot really say people should come back. Wait until the game gets fixed again. If it ever will be.
    i dunno, some may enjoy a tiny bit of challenge. Different people likes different things, it's hard to content everyone, whatever you do, you will always have dissatisfied costumer. Best thing we can do is to give a objective view for people to decide.

As the game is right now, it still an easy game to pick up and learn. Companions aren't has powerful as they were for the past 4 weeks, so you can't rely on them. Game isn't hard at all, but they are some part, notably the quest named [Heroic 2+] that are noticingly harder than the regular quest. Those quest are optional, side quest, and you can chose to attempt them alone if you like the challenge, or group up with 1, 2 or 3 other player to have an easier time.

If you are a veteran, you would notice that you level much faster. The amount of XP necessary to level has been reduced. The class and planete story quest are shown with a special purple quest mark while the side quest are shown with the regular yellow quest mark. Game is balanced so that if you only do the purple quest, you should always be at the right level for the planet. Doing yellow quest would level you above the ideal level. On one hand it would make you have an easier time for the rest of the game since you will be above the ideal level but on the other hand, it trivialize the combat and thus be unwanted if you are seeking thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I'd echo this. Wait and see if they fix what they broke this week.

For the last month the game was tremendously fun and non-stressful. But, as usual, the difficulty fetishists piled onto the forums and demanded that everything be upped to Ops-level difficulty so they could have their "challenge" at every turn and, as always, the developers sucked their ass and gave it to them. I plan on taking a break for at least the next week and see what their plans are before I sink much more time into it. Sucks, cause I was having so much fun until Tuesday.
    That's an exaggeration. As it stood, you had to go out of your way to intentionally die, the healing companions were that good. BioWare overinerfed the companions because as they've proven in the past, they have absolutely no idea how to balance or playtest intended changes.

Another feature of this patch seems to be piles of corpses and lag.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Another feature of this patch seems to be piles of corpses and lag.
    Yeah, saw this last night...holy shit what the hell. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of corpses stacked on top of each other causing 2-3 second delays for all abilities.

Ugh, BioWare, this is why you bloody test your builds before pushing them out. Do not like at all, it's like they're actively trying to destroy all of the goodwill they'd built up with me with the launch of FE.

F2P has been painful. If I were to go back, I would need to find another guild since my old one has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, saw this last night...holy shit what the hell. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of corpses stacked on top of each other causing 2-3 second delays for all abilities.

Ugh, BioWare, this is why you bloody test your builds before pushing them out. Do not like at all, it's like they're actively trying to destroy all of the goodwill they'd built up with me with the launch of FE.
    I feel the same way. I was surprisingly impressed about KotFE at launch(At this point I had accepted it wouldn't have new pvp content, and instead went to play it for the story), but in true Bioware fashion they continue to fuck it up at every turn. I still think they had too much "content" go into the Alliance gameplay. Meeting some old companions and not speak a word rubbed me the wrong way, especially since "Fully voiced" is a catchphrase they use as much as "Choices that matter" and "Story!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i dunno, some may enjoy a tiny bit of challenge. Different people likes different things, it's hard to content everyone, whatever you do, you will always have dissatisfied costumer. Best thing we can do is to give a objective view for people to decide.

As the game is right now, it still an easy game to pick up and learn. Companions aren't has powerful as they were for the past 4 weeks, so you can't rely on them. Game isn't hard at all, but they are some part, notably the quest named [Heroic 2+] that are noticingly harder than the regular quest. Those quest are optional, side quest, and you can chose to attempt them alone if you like the challenge, or group up with 1, 2 or 3 other player to have an easier time.
    Waiting for regen between groups is not, has never been and will never be a challenge. Because that's all the nerf did, at least for me, made me use the regen thing more often.

Healing companions are close to or completely worthless depending on your class. My lvl 42 Nico heals for less then my Kolto probe ticks for while I'm dps. Do you have any idea how depressing that is? Let alone the fact he just straight up stops from time to time. Just stops and stares in the distance. Now I know it's another of the numerous bugs, but I like to think he's contemplating the little umbrella I forgot when I made him his drink (if have Nico you'll understand).

Bioware told us that Heroic 2+ quests are meant to be done solo with a companions being your second player. No it's not supposed to be hard to solo, it's supposed to be medium difficulty at best. That was also said by Bioware in case you're wondering. The only thing supposed to be hard to solo is Star fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    That's an exaggeration. As it stood, you had to go out of your way to intentionally die, the healing companions were that good. BioWare overinerfed the companions because as they've proven in the past, they have absolutely no idea how to balance or playtest intended changes.
    Didn't you hear? The only options are either a) the companion finishes the game for you or b) Nightmare difficulty for every single mob. If you don't like option a) and you want a bit more engaged gameplay within the parameters the game is supposed to be played (ie the player AND the companion actively tackling the solo content together) then it means you want every normal mob to be like NIM Revan or harder.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Waiting for regen between groups is not, has never been and will never be a challenge. Because that's all the nerf did, at least for me, made me use the regen thing more often.

Healing companions are close to or completely worthless depending on your class. My lvl 42 Nico heals for less then my Kolto probe ticks for while I'm dps. Do you have any idea how depressing that is? Let alone the fact he just straight up stops from time to time. Just stops and stares in the distance. Now I know it's another of the numerous bugs, but I like to think he's contemplating the little umbrella I forgot when I made him his drink (if have Nico you'll understand).

Bioware told us that Heroic 2+ quests are meant to be done solo with a companions being your second player. No it's not supposed to be hard to solo, it's supposed to be medium difficulty at best. That was also said by Bioware in case you're wondering. The only thing supposed to be hard to solo is Star fortress.
    during the few days i had with the 4.0.2, there were more than just recharging. I engage pack with 2 elite, and 3 silver, and i had to use every ressource in my disposal to survive, including heroic moment and unity. If you don't consider this challenging, then i guess you are a far better player than I.

That being said, bioware is caving, they are buffing back the companion to where they were. I knew this would happen, i had no illusion that it would stay this way, i just had hope it would take them like a couple of week before caving to the casual.

I decided to cancel, i will continue to play occasionally as F2P, level the class i haven't. I see no point in running the same [heroic 2+] for the next 6 month-1 year, before bioware decide to release a new operation or flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    That being said, bioware is caving, they are buffing back the companion to where they were. I knew this would happen, i had no illusion that it would stay this way, i just had hope it would take them like a couple of week before caving to the casual.
    This is not true. They've said they're buffing companions, but they've given no indication of how or even when. We will have more information on what their plans are on Monday, but until then we're stuck with the current broken as shit build. Lag and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Not when you're levelling with a low legacy and presence level - H2s are now tedious. Can you do them? Yes, but having to regen and wait for cooldowns between each pull is not fun, just a slog.

I'd say wait it out for a few days, see how the devs handle the outcry over the companion nerf. The game is still very playable, don't get me wrong, but I would just hold off for the moment and see what the future holds.
    okay, but why would you even do them while you're leveling? They're pretty much uniformly boring, and don't give much in the way of exp compared to just doing the next step of the class/planetary chains. And if you are having trouble as a lowbie... find a buddy to do them with? I've been messing around on my smuggler and with everybody farming boxes still, there's many people asking in general chat for groups to farm them. Level scaling makes it easy to team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    okay, but why would you even do them while you're leveling? They're pretty much uniformly boring, and don't give much in the way of exp compared to just doing the next step of the class/planetary chains. And if you are having trouble as a lowbie... find a buddy to do them with? I've been messing around on my smuggler and with everybody farming boxes still, there's many people asking in general chat for groups to farm them. Level scaling makes it easy to team up.
    Why would I do them while levelling? Because I found them fun. Now, they're not - at least for me.

I don't want to group with anyone, I like playing at my own pace and in the way I want to play, not be dictated by the needs of others. Patch 4.0 companions allowed me to do this, Bioware made the game more fun for me. Now they've taken that fun away and I'm frustrated. I've walked away from the game even though I really want to play it - I want back the fun I was having last week, and for the previous 3 weeks.

I resubbed yesterday for the first time since 2013 and I love it.

Deleted
    I came back after about year and a half when I didn't have anything else to play.

Got hooked up, resubbed for 2 months. After 2 months I was so bored I didn't bother to resub again. In fact, for the last couple of days of my subscription I didn't even login.

It might be cool if you have something to drive you in the game. I have already seen most of the stories that interested me and rest is meh, imo.

yeah have to be honest in that after completing the story, grinding heroics and the star fortresses aren't really engaging or fun

Yup I cleared the story chapters saw the upcoming steps was 'grind grind grind' and said nope. Maybe I'll come back in a year when all of the story chapters are out. But the chapters were just too short and didn't include many characters I gave a crap about. When you are done with the story there is very little to keep you occupied outside of super grind.

Edit: I liked the class stories (I did all 8 of them) but once those stories merged into generic story for all of the characters it lost something to me. I get that it was likely due to keeping costs low but it just wasn't as fun. Then the expansion does the same thing but even more so because it takes away all old companies and only picks a few of them to show up again. So once you removed the identify of the characters and make then generic OUTLANDER there was even less desire for me to pick up my alts again.

Hello everyone, thought I would use this thread to ask my questions since they are relevant.

Thinking of coming back, and have most of the f2p unlocks available in the store (really only missing bonus cargo bays and some AH slots). I also only have hutt cartel as far as expansions go (last time I played). I'm basically planning to start a new character to try and reacquaint myself with combat and the new trait system. So, my questions are twofold

-How much will I still be missing if I stay premium over paying the sub to start
    -What's the minimum I can spend to unlock any content I may be missing, and when should I even worry about it.

I'm a tad budgeted right now and would appreciate a response, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBane View Post
    -How much will I still be missing if I stay premium over paying the sub to start
    -What's the minimum I can spend to unlock any content I may be missing, and when should I even worry about it.
    1. Not much. Mostly missing out on the extra XP and FP/OPs weeklies.
    2. Hard to say without know what exactly you already have but if you want to play the new expansion (plus Revan xpac, GSF, Zoist) you need to have at least a one month sub once. Can cancel your sub afterward and keep the xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    1. Not much. Mostly missing out on the extra XP and FP/OPs weeklies.
    2. Hard to say without know what exactly you already have but if you want to play the new expansion (plus Revan xpac, GSF, Zoist) you need to have at least a one month sub once. Can cancel your sub afterward and keep the xpacks.
    I saw Revan listed as it's own thing in the buy list, can it really be obtained just through subbing for a month? I currently have up through Rise of the Hutts, so Revan would need to be a purchase at some point otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBane View Post
    I saw Revan listed as it's own thing in the buy list, can it really be obtained just through subbing for a month? I currently have up through Rise of the Hutts, so Revan would need to be a purchase at some point otherwise.
    Yes, when you sub up you get everything (al expansions and content) from the past as part of the deal. Once you have the xpacks they are permanent. So you can un-sub whenever you want.