Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well think about it, yes its bad but, what if it just dropped the class trinket itself, and you had no DK, well then you're fucked. Well even if you did, what if a second one drops, yea, now you're fucked. This prevents that.

Deleted
    anyone know if someone is working on a spreadsheet for these class trinkets? as a gm i would love to know who its a bigger upgrade for so i can give them the token

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    good decision.
    ^ /10char.....
    ~RAWR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Do any classes actually like their trinkets? The bear one is about even with the 630s.
    For fury warriors the normal version is better than anything else in the game, excluding the HC/mythic versions of course.

getting endboss trinkets was retarded anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    The problem I have isn't with higher difficulties having better rewards. That's fine.

But making a spec reliant on a trinket that only drops off the final boss of the raid is going to make it difficult to play that spec through progression, especially if you don't have a stable weekly group and are reliant on PUGs. Can you imagine needing to find a group to kill Archimonde to maybe get the trinket that lets your class work properly when no one wants to carry you (as your spec is tuned with it in mind, leaving you underperforming without the trinket?)
    Yes, this is a big issue in pugs. The rich get richer and the poor get relatively poorer. This is limited by the catch-up mechanics put into place by Bliz, creating a kind of gear floor with only a certain time commitment required to reach. But beyond this floor the #puglife can be a brutal one. My personal "favorite" aspect of pugs is after a wipe when there's a political competition to see who can throw who under the bus, getting them kicked from the group supposedly in order to enable a kill (replacing bad players with better ones) although this process often hurts morale so even in cases where it actually works the way it's intended (better players replacing worse ones) the overall morale drop from the brutal process makes the entire team perform worse. This is typically followed up by the group disbanding.

The logical solution to this is for the raid leader to carefully select the team in the first place using a minimum requirement in terms of expected skill. Warcraft logs and the Wow Armory (number of times a boss is killed) can be used to estimate player skill. It's not just laziness that hinders this though - it's a bit awkward and time consuming to use Warcraft logs even with the tools it provides and there's no direct integration of it with the game.

What should happen imo is a Warcraft logs addon which shows raid leaders a prospective raider's estimated skill based on data from the site. Though far from entirely accurate, this is much better than the current method of using gear level, then getting a group together, then going through a painful, destructive, and sometimes Game of Thrones level political machination of *hopefully* replacing bad players with better ones.

Obviously in the short term this will result in even more "playing to parse" instead of playing to maximize one's effectiveness in killing the boss, which is why there needs to be a continual improvement of the formula that estimates player skill, not just relying on the "points scored" analogy of HPS or DPS. This is currently in it's infancy, under the Problems section of Warcraft logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Yes, this is a big issue in pugs. The rich get richer and the poor get relatively poorer. This is limited by the catch-up mechanics put into place by Bliz, creating a kind of gear floor with only a certain time commitment required to reach. But beyond this floor the #puglife can be a brutal one. My personal "favorite" aspect of pugs is after a wipe when there's a political competition to see who can throw who under the bus, getting them kicked from the group supposedly in order to enable a kill (replacing bad players with better ones) although this process often hurts morale so even in cases where it actually works the way it's intended (better players replacing worse ones) the overall morale drop from the brutal process makes the entire team perform worse. This is typically followed up by the group disbanding.

The logical solution to this is for the raid leader to carefully select the team in the first place using a minimum requirement in terms of expected skill. Warcraft logs and the Wow Armory (number of times a boss is killed) can be used to estimate player skill. It's not just laziness that hinders this though - it's a bit awkward and time consuming to use Warcraft logs even with the tools it provides and there's no direct integration of it with the game.

What should happen imo is a Warcraft logs addon which shows raid leaders a prospective raider's estimated skill based on data from the site. Though far from entirely accurate, this is much better than the current method of using gear level, then getting a group together, then going through a painful, destructive, and sometimes Game of Thrones level political machination of *hopefully* replacing bad players with better ones.

Obviously in the short term this will result in even more "playing to parse" instead of playing to maximize one's effectiveness in killing the boss, which is why there needs to be a continual improvement of the formula that estimates player skill, not just relying on the "points scored" analogy of HPS or DPS. This is currently in it's infancy, under the Problems section of Warcraft logs.
    so even though you admit with pugs the rich get rich and the poor get poorer, the solution is to let the rich get richer and poor get poorer? what about new raiders without all the boss kills? or a returning vet comes back mid-way through 6.2 with no kills achieves?
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Very very very good change. The ilvl inflation from the garrison caches was horrendous anyway and it still will be but at least it's a step towards a more balanced approach. In my personal opinion people should get loot from the difficulty they are raiding anyway (and to be more precise, unlock the bosses in groups, so someone with only Beastlord kills wouldn't get loot from BH). And yes I'm salty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Very very very good change. The ilvl inflation from the garrison caches was horrendous anyway and it still will be but at least it's a step towards a more balanced approach. In my personal opinion people should get loot from the difficulty they are raiding anyway (and to be more precise, unlock the bosses in groups, so someone with only Beastlord kills wouldn't get loot from BH). And yes I'm salty
    let me tell you about my mythic blackhand str trinket i got from like my first cache lol. and i havent played since mid march. and am 8/10h are you dead sea salty yet? :P
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    let me tell you about my mythic blackhand str trinket i got from like my first cache lol. and i havent played since mid march. and am 8/10h are you dead sea salty yet? :P
    Precisely what I meant

Deleted
    I really thought they´d make them drop for one class after they announced that retarded staggered ilvl in HFC,really happy they decided to do something not completely retarded.