Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is not the Storm Trooper you are looking for!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The principal suspected the gun was plastic, but as Lynn Police spokesman Lt. Rick Donnelly explained, "the way things are today, you can't have that."

Donnelly added. "Our feelings are that he was not there to cause harm to the kids, but he used bad judgment. ... He did cause a disturbance and we can't tolerate that."

Sounds about right. Sign of the times.
    Since it's legal to craft your own untraceable weapon in the US, it's not way off. You can legally 3d print a gun and buy and alter that last component to have a fully functional firearm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    For the people arguing it's just a plastic gun. Here's "just a plastic gun," that's been modified into a working shotgun. When it comes to the kids in our nation I'd rather the school took these precautions instead of brushing it off and then we have another school being shot up.

That's not a plastic gun that was modified into a real shotgun. That's a normal shotgun with a bunch of plastic on top of it.

You are implying as if it's possible to grab some Nerf gun and turn it into a real gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetze View Post
    That's not a plastic gun that was modified into a real shotgun. That's a normal shotgun with a bunch of plastic on top of it.

You are implying as if it's possible to grab some Nerf gun and turn it into a real gun.
    It's possible to 3d print your gun and get the last pieces online and machine them. Wired has a recent article of how one journalist at them did that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    It's possible to 3d print your gun and get the last pieces online and machine them. Wired has a recent article of how one journalist at them did that!
    There's the "Liberator" which is a crappy single shot .22lr "handgun" that blows up after shooting several rounds of .22lr. Then you can indeed print an AR15 lower, but that's just the lower and nothing else, you will need to buy the rest of the gun yourself, it's not really a 3d printed gun.

Real 3D printed guns are still decades away. It's also nothing like the photo that he posted of a shotgun with a bunch of plastic all over it.

Guns made with CNC machines are not breaking news. That technology is decades old and people have been making them with those machines for decades as well, it's also not real "printing".
    Last edited by Schuetze; 2015-06-07 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    There's the "Liberator" which is a crappy single shot .22lr "handgun" that blows up after shooting several rounds of .22lr. Then you can indeed print an AR15 lower, but that's just the lower and nothing else, you will need to buy the rest of the gun yourself, it's not really a 3d printed gun.

Real 3D printed guns are still decades away. It's also nothing like the photo that he posted of a shotgun with a bunch of plastic all over it.
    Guy from wired made a gun. Not registered and legal. So nop, I won't take that chances. I'm just happy I don't live in the US and my chances to get shot here is lower then a wild bear eating me alive!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy from wired made a gun. Not registered and legal. So nop, I won't take that chances. I'm just happy I don't live in the US and my chances to get shot here is lower then a wild bear eating me alive!
    Like anyone with a 3d printer will be able to do in the future.

It's weird seeing that you are so afraid of guns considering that I just bought an AK made in your country and your country is known to be a good gun manufacturer.

Deleted
    Like anyone with a 3d printer will be able to do in the future.

It's weird seeing that you are so afraid of guns considering that I just bought an AK made in your country and your country is known to be a good gun manufacturer.
    We sell to outside markets and armies, not locally, since we have restrictive laws in place so can't apply for gun permit. It's better this way, we count the number of shootings or fatal shootings on one hand each year! And it's mostly sucide by cop or cops/army personal killing themself or a spouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    what would have happened to WH40k space marine cosplayer? national guard called in?

10+ Year Old Account
    We sell to outside markets and armies, not locally, since we have restrictive laws in place so can't apply for gun permit. It's better this way, we count the number of shootings or fatal shootings on one hand each year! And it's mostly sucide by cop or cops/army personal killing themself or a spouse.
    Your overall homicide rates are still pretty high though, it's not really all about gun laws.

Deleted
    Your overall homicide rates are still pretty high though, it's not really all about gun laws.
    I appreciate your presence as a european "gun nut"

It really gives flavor to the usual debates even if I disagree with you.

Deleted
    No, a lot of other factors, the major one being education. But it gives you more safety knowing you can literally run out of a bad situation. Hard chance doing that vs a gun!

I can literally walk anywhere in my city and know I won't die, cant' say the same for US cities. And Romania is very safe for tourists as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Even if it were a real gun, name me one firefight in Star Wars where a Stormtrooper actually hits something that he is aiming for.

/thread #10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    No, a lot of other factors, the major one being education. But it gives you more safety knowing you can literally run out of a bad situation. Hard chance doing that vs a gun!

I can literally walk anywhere in my city and know I won't die, cant' say the same for US cities. And Romania is very safe for tourists as well.
    I don't think you have ever been the U.S.A. then. In almost every country exist dangerous areas, same shit applies to Romania.

Deleted
    I don't think you have ever been the U.S.A. then. In almost every country exist dangerous areas, same shit applies to Romania.
    Except like I've told you, you can run away, none can throw a knife 30m...

Deleted
    And I would rather face 10 toddlers with knifes then 10 with guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been to the U.S.A. several times, I walked around big cities and never felt unsafe. I don't know why but I have the feeling that you think that the U.S.A. is like the wild west where everyone is shooting at each other all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Post columbine.
    School shootings happened long before that - loooong before. It isn't some sudden or recent epidemic. But the media needed something for ratings so now we've become a pussy of a country.

Kids don't walk anywhere let alone school and don't you dare let your kid play cops and robbers or compete in any event with winners and losers. Also - how dare you make a balanced school lunch cuz they'll just throw it out and give them chicken nuggets.

And don't even think about spanking your child when you catch him playing with matches. Put him in a time out so he can think about and learn from his mistakes like a grown adult.

Welcome to generation pussy. Where everything is offensive, nobody loses and no one actually lives in the real fucking world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    poor america...

dont get me wrong, i like the usa!

but usa has a problem with hysteria. i guess its because of your unfree hysteric media.

i cant even imagine this happening in germany :/