Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Hence why I wrote '' COULD '' and not '' CAN ''.
    Well, I asked because it is often hard to tell what can be put under discrimination. If your case would be neglected from taking an exam, I'd say that make a strong case, if you were be capable of proving it was because of having long hair and that said standard only applied for men..
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2015-06-06 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    You know it sounds more like you're frustrated more than you being genuienly curious, right? It's a very stupid "what if"-scenario.
    I don't really care what it sounds like, if I wanted your sympathy I'd e-mail you flowers.

I just don't like the idea of suing a University because there is one bad apple.
    It's the university's job to provide a proper environment for myself to study in. Medschool is frustrating enough without having to worry about a sexist hag that's frustrated that no one wanted to marry her.

Deleted
    Maybe add one of those
    http://people.opposingviews.com/reli...hair-3149.html
    for flavour.

I don't really care what it sounds like, if I wanted your sympathy I'd e-mail you flowers.

It's the university's job to provide a proper environment for myself to study in. Medschool is frustrating enough without having to worry about a sexist hag that's frustrated that no one wanted to marry her.

Deleted
    If that's the reason she does it, then yes.

Hair like this?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Lol I was thinking the same thing.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

mmo champ legal advice thread...lol...this should end well for you.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Hair like this?
    No, much shorter.

Deal with it, you will have worse once you get out into the world

It is, but imagine you had to manage 700 people, who had to manage 500 other people, who had to manage 100 other people. Sometimes its difficult to pluck all the bad apples, but thank you for responding to one area of my argument you disagree with instead of expanding on the situation at hand. Bring up the issue to the University if you have any other evidence of her sexism, but if you don't and all you are working with is the exam you will be screwed hard. Not only with lawyer fees but with your education as well.

I wish I had more to work with than "a sexist hag that no one wanted to marry her."

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread is going to get your case thrown out of court. Oh the evidence that is on the internet...I'll quote it just in case it's deleted.

Last edited by Martinczo; 2015-06-06 at 11:19 PM.
    ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
    2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
    EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW 2GB
    Intel 330 Series 240GB, Mushkin Enhanced 120GB, Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

Deleted
    Are you sure it's your hair that your teacher percieves as manly, because your whining sure as hell doesn't make you appear any more manly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    No. Someone not liking you for having long hair is the end of the world.

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread is going to get your case thrown out of court. Oh the evidence that is on the internet...I'll quote it just in case it's deleted.
    I'm behind 3 proxies, kid. Your move.

Are you sure it's your hair that your teacher percieves as manly, because your whining sure as hell doesn't make you appear any more manly.
    We never met. She doesn't perceive anything. But if she refuses to allow me entrance into the exam based on my long hair, then that will be an issue.

I am not your lawyer and this post is not legal advice

this is almost certainly not grounds for a lawsuit; generally speaking private establishments have the right to enforce codes of dress and behavior and 'people with long hair' are not a protected class (at least, not in the united states.) And litigating against the university/department/professor that you are relying on to graduate/certify/whatever you is not a favorable position to be in anyway.

your best course would be to talk to your advisor or whoever is responsible for your (presumably advanced?) degree progression. Possibly you could take the exam from a proctor or otherwise defer it.

ed: I will also say that your negative attitude about the instructor (who you admit you've never met) pretty thoroughly colors my impression of your dispute with her
    Last edited by Cheze; 2015-06-06 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of medical practitioners with long hair out there. I don't see the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Lots of medical practitioners with long hair out there. I don't see the problem...

I didn't see the problem of not being able to wear steel-toe boots when I worked at a call center with a casual dress code, but they were specifically excluded and I got different shoes

this is almost certainly not grounds for a lawsuit; generally speaking private establishments
    State University.

Deleted
    I'm behind 3 proxies, kid. Your move.

We never met. She doesn't perceive anything. But if she refuses to allow me entrance into the exam based on my long hair, then that will be an issue.
    Yeah, that will be an issue. But it's also fucking stupid and I doubt you seriously think that is a realistic scenario yourself.

Deleted
    Do you also like my little pony? Then maybe it's your attitude

I didn't see the problem of not being able to wear steel-toe boots when I worked at a call center with a casual dress code, but they were specifically excluded and I got different shoes
    Except doctors are there to save lives, not look pretty. Some hospitals do have codes against facial hair but that's because of facemask issues.