Page 1 of 65
... LastLast

Summer Football and Transfer Thread 2015

Now that the dust has settled at the Olympiastadion after the Champions' League final, it's time to discuss the transfer window.

The window closes on 1 September at 5pm GMT, so no pictures of 'Arry leaning out of his car window at 11:30 this year! This is because the Champions' League squads need to be finalized by midnight.

The fixture lists for the 2015/16 season will be announced on 17 June.

Some discussion questions:
    Who do you want your team to sign?
    Who do you want your team to get rid of?
    What positions need strengthening?
    Most overrated transfer target?

The usual rules and banter topics apply here too

Oh, and Daily Mail sourced stories are usually as full of shit as the rest of that rag, so don't bring them up.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see another centre-forward for Norwich, we'll really notice it if Cameron Jerome gets injured. Another defensive option would be good too, we get a bit wobbly at times, and that kind of weakness is instantly pounced on in the Premier League.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-06-08 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Who do you want your team to sign?
    Who do you want your team to get rid of?
    What positions need strengthening?
    Most overrated transfer target?
    1) Higuain
    2) Most of our defense , Ljajic and Gervinho.
    3) CF , we don't actually have a good one and it's sorely needed.

@d3v I heard Nainggolan played a great game against France!

Aleix Vidal goes from Sevilla to Barcelona. Due to Barca's transfer embargo he won't be able to play until January though. Strange decision on his part to sign now since he won't be playing for 6 months. Guess he feels if he wants to play for them, he has to sign now.

- - - Updated - - -

since the football thread is closed, do we talk about the Copa America and other competitions here in this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zevrosh View Post

@d3v I heard Nainggolan played a great game against France!
    he was the best player on the field

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    he was the best player on the field
    Yeah i heard , still shocked he didn't get the call for Brazil 2014.
    I hope we don't fuck up and let him go.

Gonna be an interesting transfer window for United. We really need a CDM and CD but I'm not sure who.

Hummels is an option but I'm not even sure if we can even get him. I mostly worried about De Gea leaving because he's by far our best player and losing him to RM would really suck. Unfortunately it looks like that is going to happen so we'll either stick with Valdes or maybe go for Cech/Lloris?

Well for a CD you are trying to get Otamendi from Valencia. He was the best defender in the league so it would be a good pickup. He will be expensive though.

Otamendi would def be a great buy but yeah you're right about him being expensive. Also forgot to mention Depay being a great signing for United, can't wait to see him play.

15+ Year Old Account
    since the football thread is closed, do we talk about the Copa America and other competitions here in this thread?
    Yeah I have np with that. I could reopen the other thread, but 2 threads running at the same time... idk. If people really want it opened again I don't mind, but feel free to talk about it here.

edit: changing the thread title to accommodate summer football discussion.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2015-06-07 at 11:08 PM.

Did anybody else see the Germany - Côte d'Ivoire match? A lot more entertaining than that England match this afternoon

didn't watch it but saw the score...10-0? and they thought adding more teams to the WWC was a good idea?

didn't watch it but saw the score...10-0? and they thought adding more teams to the WWC was a good idea?
    Yeah, you could really tell the difference between the stamina of both teams and which players play and train every day. CIV were shattered after 70 minutes (although being 7:0 down at the time definitely won't have helped them) while the Germans looked like they'd only been playing for 20 minutes. The ref wasn't that great though. CIV had a goal wrongly disallowed and there was a stone-wall penalty for Germany at the end of the game that wasn't given (two CIV players squeezed out the German striker about 4 feet from the ball well inside the penalty area).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like United to sign Kane, he seems like the finisher we so desperately need, but apparently he wont go for less than £50 million, or at least I saw something of the sorts from the BBC on my facebook feed. That's a little too much imo.

Other than that, maybe some more strong defenders... and someone like Carrick, so when Carrick is injured, United don't flop.

Being Man United you are always going to get charged an inflated price for players, especially if they come from another Premier League team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 40-50 million is about what I thought would happen for Kane, I think its too much off of one season, but Andy Carroll sold for 35 million after scoring 11 goals so there is always that :P
    So a striker, a right back, a Carrick...and a replacement for De Gea :P

When we start the new thread for next season can we amend the rules for this one in light of recent events

3: FIFA, UEFA, individual national Football Associations are not in anyone's back pocket. Unless you have any evidence that proves otherwise keep such accusations out of this thread, it brings nothing but arguments.

Spurs need so many players. I guess mostly in defence.

Being Spurs though what will happen is: We sell everyone, we start next year with a brand new starting eleven, except Bentaleb.

Deleted
    We need another top striker for when sturridge is injured, 2 new CBs, a RB, a holding mid, a GK and possibly a Winger depending on the Sterling situation.

But if Sterling is "worth £50 million" then united will probably have to pay that to get Kane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butler, you forgot the rule in the OP about not linking the Daily Mail as a source!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    We need another top striker for when sturridge is injured, 2 new CBs, a RB, a holding mid, a GK and possibly a Winger depending on the Sterling situation.

But if Sterling is "worth £50 million" then united will probably have to pay that to get Kane.
    A whole revamp is needed :S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33046003

I don't think Ings is the guy to reignite your team personally, however can't imagine he cost much seeing as he was out of contract in the summer anyway.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2015-06-08 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    A whole revamp is needed :S
    Indeed, the problem when your entire team was carried by the 2 of best strikers in the league.

Ings is not the signing Liverpool needed I think. I know Sturridge was out a lot with injury, but I can't see the two of them being a deadly force together, you'll end up playing only one. I also don't think Ings is really good enough for a top team.

Man U can bugger off tbh, stop buying my team First you took Sheringham, then Carrick, Berbatov, some others I probably forgot. Leave Kane alone! (and Loris)