Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    just saying. A lot of us kids back in the 80's enjoyed rollerskating. Maybe i'm old.
    I mean the only time I went was when someone had a birthday party at one. I had a bike I didn't go roller skating that shit cost money and unless it was free I didn't get to do it. That and not only is the one that was here when I was a kid still open they opened a second one and I live in a town with the population of 16,000.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean the only time I went was when someone had a birthday party at one. I had a bike I didn't go roller skating that shit cost money and unless it was free I didn't get to do it. That and not only is the one that was here when I was a kid still open they opened a second one and I live in a town with the population of 16,000.
    I only went when our school allowed it. I can sympathise.

Back in jr high/freshman years that's where we went every friday night to the roller rink. Was good fun. I never did learn how to skate backwards.

Rollerscating is a fad, it comes back every 30 years or so.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Our school used to have rink nights every so often. Lots of fun as a kid, but I never went there later in life.

Well, aside from when inline roller hockey was kinda sorta becoming a grassroots thing, one of the local rinks had games, so I used to go play that as well on weeknights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why have roller rinks, when ice skating rinks exist.

Teenagers+messing around+sharp blades on your feet = fun times

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Its depressing how true this video is.

I miss roller skating so much rofl.
    lol too funny. But I recall all that from a younger perspective. 70% time in the arcade, 30% on the floor. No tact, no inhibitions. Youth.

Born in '85. I went to a rink once. Not overly attached, but I'm always sad when past staples are lost. Hell, I was sorry for the adults talking about records being a thing of the past when I was a kid. I'm a sap for nostalgia.

I'll be 27 next wednesday. And I can say I've only been to a roller skating rink one time in my entire life. Ice skating, too. Now Discovery Zone and Funscape, those need to come back! For those that don't know what they were... think of a indoor mini-golf course, arcade, ticket machine games, and lots of other fun things rolled into one place. I was still a kid then, but... my memory is a bit bad :P