Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Firing him for punching someone isn't pandering to political correctness. It's fairly standard in most lines of work, except boxing.
    Not to mention he could have been charged with a crime but I guess that would be too PK as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firing him for punching someone isn't pandering to political correctness. It's fairly standard in most lines of work, except boxing.
    And still it will cost them big time, as I said in my post he has his faults everyone does.. But just plopping in an unknown into the show will not fix the problem that the BBC now have.. Look at Top Gear US and Australia both of those shows failed because they tried to be like the UK version and they failed because the people they had hosting those shows lacked that chemistry and as such they sucked..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah most lines, not the entertainment industry! They should have paid the guy off, and kept it going, instead they are losing their cash cow to Netflix.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news indeed, let's hope it happens.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not to mention he could have been charged with a crime but I guess that would be too PK as well.
    I think the issue probably would not have happened if the producer managed to have arranged food for Clarkson like he was asked.. At least that was my understanding of why this all happened..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And still it will cost them big time, as I said in my post he has his faults everyone does.. But just plopping in an unknown into the show will not fix the problem that the BBC now have.. Look at Top Gear US and Australia both of those shows failed because they tried to be like the UK version and they failed because the people they had hosting those shows lacked that chemistry and as such they sucked..
    Who says the replacement will be an unknown?

BBC revenue is $7.5bn, they don't need Top Gear income, they don't really need any income from shows at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look, BBC is not a private entity, its a statutory corporation financed with a license fee for people with recievers. It is not his first misstake, he had plenty of verbal ones which resulted in warnings prior to physically assaulting someone.
    BBC had no other choice.

Regarding US/ AU versions you are spot on and I have complete faith in a Netflix Top Gear with the 3 will be a complete success.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the issue probably would not have happened if the producer managed to have arranged food for Clarkson like he was asked.. At least that was my understanding of why this all happened..
    Would it matter?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clarkson apologised because he knew he was in the wrong, why are you trying to blame the person he punched?

Deleted
    Clarkson was already on a final warning for racist remarks. You can't punch somebody at work and continue as normal. I imagine the BBC wanted him to go away for a year or so and then bring him back.

I hope they don't try to continue Top Gear as it was, I think that has pretty much run its course. I want to see them focus more on specials and challenges, rather than a studio based format.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I want to see them focus more on specials and challenges, rather than a studio based format.
    So you can get more of this....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clarkson apologised because he knew he was in the wrong, why are you trying to blame the person he punched?
    Well the producer got himself in a position he probably should not have been in and as such because he did he has to take some of the responsibility.. Clarkson did not decide to do it for fun he was a bit miffed and well that got him in hot water yes and he paid for it.. Clarkson took responsibility for his actions so why should the producer not take responsibility for his actions, or is it ok now to not take responsibility for ones actions..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2015-06-09 at 01:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For fuck sake he forgot to bring some food and hes is to blame for getting punched,? thats freaking absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I don't think he does as much as he leads on. Because when he find an American car he loves, he gushes about America. I think he does it more for the Euro audience. Even if he does hate us, oh well. Still love out as well.
    Gotta agree with this statement. It seems so far that Clarkson does light slaps to Americans for the European audience. However he does have some fondness of American cars.

I really liked the episode where he drove a Shelby Mustang down to Milan while Hammon and Captain Slow took trains. He ragged on the car at first, but he genuinely praised it after having driven it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    For fuck sake he forgot to bring some food and hes is to blame for getting punched,? thats freaking absurd.
    Getting punched is an extreme response yes, but have you done something on the spur of the moment that you later regretted everyone has..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Gotta agree with this statement. It seems so far that Clarkson does light slaps to Americans for the European audience. However he does have some fondness of American cars.

I really liked the episode where he drove a Shelby Mustang down to Milan while Hammon and Captain Slow took trains. He ragged on the car at first, but he genuinely praised it after having driven it.
    He takes the piss out of all Johnny Foreigners and uses stereotypes of the British regions as well, e.g. all of his non-height related banter with Hammond is about him coming from the West Country, that's just Clarkson's style.

You probably notice the American stuff more because you are American, in the same way that someone from France would think he picks on the French due to how dismissive he is of French cars, or someone from Coventry might think he dislikes them due to how often he mentions they fucked up the British car industry in the 70s.

Getting punched is an extreme response yes, but have you done something on the spur of the moment that you later regretted everyone has..
    You can still be punished for something you did on the spur of the moment.

The other person wasn't to blame for Clarkson going down the pub and getting back to the hotel after the kitchen had closed. Clarkson fucked up and he manned up to that fuck up, stop blaming the bloke who got punched.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Actually, it is.
    In that one singular event yes, but it isn't indicative of an abusive person.

I really dislike when people act like they've never made a mistake.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can still be punished for something you did on the spur of the moment.

The other person wasn't to blame for Clarkson going down the pub and getting back to the hotel after the kitchen had closed. Clarkson fucked up and he manned up to that fuck up, stop blaming the bloke who got punched.
    Either way it is all over stupid things happened people paid the price for them and it will be very hard for the BBC to get the success of the show back.. Will see how this Netflix show pans out..

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    In that one singular event yes, but it isn't indicative of an abusive person.

I really dislike when people act like they've never made a mistake.
    But when someone has been disciplined at work multiple times for abusive behavior that is indicative of you actually being an abusive person.

That's what blew my mind about all the folks trying to defend him. This wasn't his first incident and he physically assaulted someone. It doesn't matter HOW smarmy a person is being or how much they piss you off, there are VERY few jobs you can work at were you won't get in trouble for punching a coworker especially if you've already been disciplined at work before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    One drunken punch is "abusive?", granted he fucked up, but calm down with the hyperbole.
    As far as I know, the punch was the final straw. He'd gotten no shortage of warnings previously.

I'm going to miss the silly clown though, he was a one-man parodic show of himself and everyone else like him <3