Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Megaman Legacy Collection coming to steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVfeUq5TmQs

Hype? Nostalgia? I've got both!

I've got none.

Maybe because I'm exhausted of all theses reboots and rereleases.

I'm kinda excited/happy.

But at the same time Capcom's utter paralysis and inability to do anything meaningful with Megaman since Inafune left pains me greatly, and their new, "Well, we're pretty much out of new things to do and have wildly stupid expectations for our major new titles, so let's just remaster ALL THE OLD THINGS THAT WERE GOOD!" directly is pretty meh.

Megaman 2&3 were some of my favorites as a kid. This could be fun.

Deleted
    Well now if they would do this for the Mega Man Zero games from Play Station .. i would buy it^^

Hardly excited, even if it had one of my favorite mega man games. I mean it's nice that they open it up to console users; but I doubt anyone who has used the computer for more than a few years already knows how to play any megaman game they want. Especially not having to pay $15 for only 1 - 6, I'd expect at least 1-10.

Also, by HD and "8 bit style" what do they mean exactly? Are those screen shots what you get?

I was really excited... till I looked it up and realized that my Mega Man Anniversary Collection disc completely dwarfs it, anyway.

Still, at least they're putting stuff up on the PC.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I love Megaman, I have ever since I was a kid.. but for me this Legacy collection is too late. I already have Megaman 1-7 and X-X3 on Wii U. x) Not sure if I want to buy that too, just for the extra features. I guess it's good that they're doing this though.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy.
    But without the hero,
    there is no Event."
    -Zurin Arctus | the Underking

I kind on the meh side. I already have the anniversary collection so there no need for me to get this. I kind of wish they would add more features to the games themselves. For example, play as Protoman, Roll, or Bass. Maybe a level editor too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Hardly excited, even if it had one of my favorite mega man games. I mean it's nice that they open it up to console users; but I doubt anyone who has used the computer for more than a few years already knows how to play any megaman game they want. Especially not having to pay $15 for only 1 - 6, I'd expect at least 1-10.
    I have them all in my rom folders and still buying this as maybe a new Mega Man game will happen if enough interests is shown. That or more collections first.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Also, by HD and "8 bit style" what do they mean exactly? Are those screen shots what you get?
    Basically what you already get by playing on an emulator.....super crisp looking pixels and maybe some special effects added in for fun like what they did with the Super Mario Advance series on the GBA.

Still buying this as the 2004 collection sucked ass and used poor emulation (especially my GC version which had shitty un-mappable controls).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I have them all in my rom folders and still buying this as maybe a new Mega Man game will happen if enough interests is shown. That or more collections first.
    After what happened with their re-release of Darkstalkers that seemed to perform well (i.e. low effort port that broke the top 5 for digital sales, which was "disappointing" for them), I have little hope.

I think they've pretty much thrown in the towel and have no vision or direction beyond, "Re-release all the games that used to make us money and hope that Ono can make us another good one before we work him to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post

Basically what you already get by playing on an emulator.....super crisp looking pixels and maybe some special effects added in for fun like what they did with the Super Mario Advance series on the GBA.

Still buying this as the 2004 collection sucked ass and used poor emulation (especially my GC version which had shitty un-mappable controls).

Oh I see. I still have my NES from when I was a kid. I suppose this new version would look a little better. Not that I play my 8 bit for cutting edge graphics.

I suppose the leader board would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy about this. I've played all of them on the NES back in the days, would surely play them again.
    Would have been better if it where 1 to 10, I'm thinking 6-10 will be a 2nd classic collection going for another $15, and later on a X series for another etc.

All in their right of course, but 1-10 would have been sweet :-) Shame there's no Vita release but that's solved with remote play as I only use my Vita around the house anyway.

Looking forward to playing them again!
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    After what happened with their re-release of Darkstalkers that seemed to perform well (i.e. low effort port that broke the top 5 for digital sales, which was "disappointing" for them), I have little hope.

I think they've pretty much thrown in the towel and have no vision or direction beyond, "Re-release all the games that used to make us money and hope that Ono can make us another good one before we work him to death."
    Even though I can be a salty asshole most of the time, I still look at the best outcome scenario for anything. Also, I wouldn't use a series like Darkstalkers for any indication for anything tbh. I say that as a fan of the series that gfot the Saturn version in 1996, PSX versions in 1999, and the PSP game near launch. Pretty sure a Darkstalkers game can still happen too. These things aren't made overnight.

I am still salty about Legends 3 though but even then, something can still happen.

Hell, I'm still sure they'll make an eventual Resident Evil 2 remake finally. And yes, I'll be buying RE0 again for Steam. Last time I played it was 2002 when I got it for my GC and once more in 2003 for a speed run.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-06-09 at 07:40 AM.

Better off trying to find the Megaman Anniversary, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Better off trying to find the Megaman Anniversary, to be honest.
    Or wait for another $15 collection that'll still be cheaper overall and with superior emulation and features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or wait for another $15 collection that'll still be cheaper overall and with superior emulation and features.
    I doubt most people playing the games for the first time would even notice any emulation problems compared to the originals, plus the Anniversary collection had 4 extra games that this one does not include along with a bunch of bonus material if you got the original Xbox version. Also is this version carrying over the "easy"/Navigator modes for each game from Anniversary and the PS1 re-releases?
    (also I could be wrong, but I think the Anniversary versions of the originals were ports of the PS1 versions, hence the "emulation" problems when compared to the originals, similar to how the X Collection used the CD versions of X3 instead of the SNES one)

The only way/reason I would be interested in this would be if these "new challenges" are any good and maybe for the artwork section. Then again its digital only as of right now so I dont even care to begin with and will just stick with my NES carts on my Sharp NES TV and Anniversary.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2015-06-09 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall seeing ps2 megaman collections being utterly shitty (framedrops or delay in commands) so i'm just way too wary of this collection, also megaman is pretty much dead for me, same as mighty n°9, the hype died off.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Bit-Metal View Post
    I kind on the meh side. I already have the anniversary collection so there no need for me to get this. I kind of wish they would add more features to the games themselves. For example, play as Protoman, Roll, or Bass. Maybe a level editor too.
    Anniversary Collection was a horrible collection. They did a piss poor job porting the games over, it was an insult to the series. The controls were inconsistent and often lagged, the controls THEMSELVES were simply bad, there were graphical glitches, and they even messed up the music (which is something the series is famous for: Awesome music).

Megaman Anniversary is one of the worst compilations ever created. Not because the games were bad, but because they did an absolutely horrible job in creating the collection itself, and in doing so ruined these masterpieces of classic gaming.

This Legacy Collection is a very good sign, it means Capcom has not forgotten about the Blue Bomber. This could easily be them trying to either a) test the waters to see if there is still interest in MegaMan or B) Teasing us, because they have a new MegaMan in the works.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.