Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WoW is a garbage game ATM(vanilla baby here), but it's not going anywhere for a long time.
    Who knows maybe it will never recover, I mean they brought back alot of vets with WoD and I would guess most of those people came back to give the game one last chance.

FF14 all the way for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Can people seriously stop using Twitch as a way of determining a game's popularity? It's probably the most idiotic thing you could do.
    putting your balls in a garbage disposal is potentially more idiotic but only slightly

What a worthless thread.

/sigh.

Surely twitch viewers are the perfect metric for warcraft players.

Worthless thread is worthless, moders lock it please.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

What a dumb thread.

And what's that funny picture anyway? Why does it say "viewers"? Where I come from, games are played, not "viewed". Can only be something completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Can people seriously stop using Twitch as a way of determining a game's popularity? It's probably the most idiotic thing you could do.
    On the other hand, it's not as bad a metric as you think it is. It can show trends and public interest in games. But one has to bear in mind that it also says a lot about entertainment of the game. WoW simply isn't as fun to watch as MOBAs. Still think it's wrong to dismiss Twitch viewer counts offhandedly.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    On the other hand, it's not as bad a metric as you think it is. It can show trends and public interest in games. But one has to bear in mind that it also says a lot about entertainment of the game. WoW simply isn't as fun to watch as MOBAs. Still think it's wrong to dismiss Twitch viewer counts offhandedly.
    There is nothing to watch from a player playing WoW. That does not make actual gameplay uninteresting for that player.

you can tell that LoL is more popular then Dota 2 (same genre) via twitch since it has typically has more viewers then Dota 2 does

but WoW has no bearing here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    though I have no clue why anyone would be watching Arkam City streams ever (unless Arkham Knight has leaked somehow and those are actually AK streams)

- - - Updated - - -

as for ESO - it likely has more streams because its much newer then 10+ y.o WoW and Tamriel Unlimited edition is even more recent still + its coming out for consoles about now in June IIRC

a bit of hype I suppose
    Only reason Arkam is up there is because of 1 popular streamer ManVsGame lol
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    There is nothing to watch from a player playing WoW. That does not make actual gameplay uninteresting for that player.
    Yet WoW used to be high up in that list. So what changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    LoL and Dota 2 got much much bigger, pretty much the biggest (or among the biggest) non browser (and ~non Chinese/Korean obscure MMOs) PC games in the world

WoT too

ditto for HS and HotS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm, mixed opinion from my end on this. I love videogames, been playing them for over 25 years now. But watching games is something I find really low entertainment value, plus I hardly have time to play games at all let alone watch them. Another example for the "type" of person I am; I never watch sports but I love doing them.

I think the Twitch viewer is really a kind of it's own. So I do agree one should now dismiss viewer counts, but I don't think it should be valued that high either.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Well... He has a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW PvP went down the drain as well as being a hard game to watch for people who are not familiar with its mechanics, as opposed to SC2, CSGO or various forms of mobas.

More options, that is what've changed.

Deleted
    Yeah RIP the biggest MMO on the planet by far and like top 5 biggest online game on the planet after 11 years.

Then you have the implication that Twitch popularity = game popularity and multiple other problems with this retarded thread.

OP just stop posting, it will be better for everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even though i don't care about it anymore, I did get a good laugh out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    WTF how does World of tanks have double the viewers than WoW and SC2, I never would of expected that.
    I haven't played world of tanks, but I watched one of the tournaments recently and found the game to look pretty good for spectators, not interested in playing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcoo7 View Post
    Haha nice joke, TESO will do well on consoles cause it's one of a kind
    And because people are severely misinformed about it. Was out with friends last night an they were all on about getting 'Skyrim Online' which it most definitely is not

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    WTF how does World of tanks have double the viewers than WoW and SC2, I never would of expected that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Tanks#Reception

World of Tanks has received favorable reviews, and currently holds a Metacritic score of 80 out of 100.

World of Tanks holds a Guinness World Record in the category of Most Players Online Simultaneously on one MOG Server. The record was registered on 23 January 2011 when the number of players on the game's Russian server totaled 91,311.[56] This record was beaten by the European server on 13 April 2012 during the anniversary special weekend where all players could enter a code to be Premium account holders for a day. Numbers of over 305,000 were recorded during this period.

As of December 2013, there are 75,000,000 registered players worldwide and a 1.1 million peak concurrent players.[57] This is an increase of 15 million over the 60 million in June 2013[58] and 30 million over the 45 million in December 2012.[59] Within two weeks of the launch of the South Korean server, the number of concurrent users in Korea reached 10,000.[60]

In 2012, Wargaming's revenue was declared to be 217.9 million Euro, with net profit of 6.1 million Euro, as declared in an annual report for the Cyprus Stock Exchange. The money gained by Wargaming almost exclusively came from World of Tanks.[61]

In 2013, the microtransaction revenue of World of Tanks surpassed that of World of Warcraft, earning $372 million and ranking fourth highest amongst online game revenues.[62][63]