Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm not a fan of this law. Take my dad for example, he's been a citizen of canada for over 40 years. If he fucks up now he can be stripped of his citizenship without a judge even being involved in the case? He already gets annoyed when he is called an indo-canadian ("How long do I have to live here before I am just a Canadian?"; "Where the hell is Indo-Canada?") I can't imagine he will be happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm not a fan of this law. Take my dad for example, he's been a citizen of canada for over 40 years. If he fucks up now he can be stripped of his citizenship without a judge even being involved in the case? He already gets annoyed when he is called an indo-canadian ("How long do I have to live here before I am just a Canadian?"; "Where the hell is Indo-Canada?") I can't imagine he will be happy about this.
    No, that is not what will happen...

Unless by "if he fucks up" you mean, he puts pipebombs in parliament...then perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Maybe he only wants to be Scottish, maybe Gheld is an SNP sympathizer!

For that reason alone, PM Harper will now declare Gheld an enemy of the state and exile him to Scotland - if he can swim there - the Canadian border ends at international waters, that'll have to do right?

All must swear fealty to the Harper Government and Despair! (don't you mean 'or despair'? nope!)
    Harper is the Oil Baron here, there's so many Scots in O&G, Scotland may as well be another Province. They should just do that. Would piss off the Norwegians and Danes a lot.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Canada is after its empty treat to Putin at the last G7 in Germany just a joke country with a puppet government to me.

It might be forward of me, considering the divisive nature of this conversation even with my fellow Canadians, but I'm pretty sure I speak for us all when I say that nobody in this country gives a hot cherry fuck about Putin unless it's fries with gravy and curds.

There's plenty of other threads for Russian stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Harper is the Oil Baron here, there's so many Scots in O&G, Scotland may as well be another Province. They should just do that. Would piss off the Norwegians and Danes a lot.
    Would be better if we just brought Canadialand back into the loving bosom of Britain and restarted the British Empire. And that would have the added benefit of pissing off far more people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Canada is after its empty treat to Putin at the last G7 in Germany just a joke country with a puppet government to me.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/harper-...ment-1.3103690

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Would be better if we just brought Canadialand back into the loving bosom of Britain and restarted the British Empire. And that would have the added benefit of pissing off far more people.
    Yeah, but we don't really want the Welsh. Or most of the south for that matter.

Deleted
    Yeah this kind of law has never led to bad stuff in the past.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to just extradite these people to the countries in which they have been convicted for terrorism?

15+ Year Old Account
    But if Scotland is a province, we can't exile Gheld - because then he is twice Canadian again!

Oh, oh no wait - we could declare a third class of citizens, the seconds become a third - the Scots become a second. So now Gheld is half first, half second citizen - he'd be a 0.75 Citizen.

Then Harper could do a Super Citizen class, for 'pure' Canadians who work in O&G, or the families of those oil-imbued bloodlines. They could be Citizens 2.0.

Then, since I'm the son of a Scottish mom, and a Canadian father with oil in his blood - I think I'd work out to just being a First Class Citizen. Or would it truncate to the lowest of your station, like the old British Class system - so that the non-oil peasants can't marry up

- - - Updated - - -

I think I like the idea of restarting the British Empire again just for laughs - the Aussies and Kiwis would probably go along with the joke too

I like to imagine how nervous the American south and India would suddenly get at the re-emergence - I think the panic on Fox News alone would make the paperwork worthwhile.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'm the first born natural citizen, of an English woman and a Scots father with oil industry for decades, and I too work in O&G, I'm like a Canadian Galactus. Bow before me! Except I now live in a place where a new government has decided that calling the morbidly obese health minister, "morbidly obese" is now sexist. So my power is waning.

I think I like the idea of restarting the British Empire again just for laughs - the Aussies and Kiwis would probably go along with the joke too

I like to imagine how nervous the American south and India would suddenly get at the re-emergence - I think the panic on Fox News alone would make the paperwork worthwhile.
    If they could convince India to get back in and clean things up a bit, I'd consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but we don't really want the Welsh. Or most of the south for that matter.
    What's wrong with the Welsh? They keep the livestock entertained.

And what do you mean by South? If you mean Southern England then this conversation is going to get all kinds of nasty.

What's wrong with the Welsh? They keep the livestock entertained.

And what do you mean by South? If you mean Southern England then this conversation is going to get all kinds of nasty.
    What you gonna do?! Throw your croissant and Costa at me?!

10+ Year Old Account

Malta would be up for rejoining, they love the British over here. Not that anyone would notice if they were in or out.

- - - Updated - - -

What you gonna do?! Throw your croissant and Costa at me?!
    Set the Welsh on you. It's not just sheep they have a thing for.

Disclaimer: Not all Welsh sexually molest sheep. Probably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Malta would be up for rejoining, they love the British over here. Not that anyone would notice if they were in or out.
    Malta was an essential part of the Empire's power during the Punic Wars, when we cast down the Carthagenians and the Romans simultaneously. I think that's how it went.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Malta was an essential part of the Empire's power during the Punic Wars, when we cast down the Carthagenians and the Romans simultaneously. I think that's how it went.
    Ohhh god Canada the empire strikes back.

Always forget that you have the same monarch.

Now witness the power of the fully armed and operational poutine station!

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't much of an issue for any law abiding Canadian Citizen. Actually, it might be an issue for BC and Eastern Canada. I know the Prairie Provinces are very okay with this.

Our country also has a huge issue with people getting a Canadian Citizenship and then not living in Canada. Only coming back to use the medical system.

For people saying if you are eligible for citizenship elsewhere you can be stripped. You have to have that citizenship, if you don't get a second citizenship if you are natural born. Then they can't do it. Our courts are pretty strict with upholding the rights of citizens. I imagine this will go through the Supreme Court for the next year or two when they start stripping the jihadi fighters overseas in Yemen and Syria.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also all for getting the Commonwealth to restart the British Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I am also all for getting the Commonwealth to restart the British Empire.
    Not Zimbabwe though, they can bugger right off.

It might be forward of me, considering the divisive nature of this conversation even with my fellow Canadians, but I'm pretty sure I speak for us all when I say that nobody in this country gives a hot cherry fuck about Putin unless it's fries with gravy and curds.

There's plenty of other threads for Russian stuff.
    Great, now I have an intense craving for Poutine and won't be able to get any for at least 7 hours from now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I am surprised to see that Canada, of all countries, is freaking out over terrorism. especially considering that most of the "terrorists" that are claimed to be here, are bogus media-BS claims.
    The people aren't, just our stupid government is. Ever since that mentally unstable man attacked parliament(wasn't even a legit terrorist), every PC representative in the country has been spewing terrorist danger propaganda in order to get this bill passed. Last Friday was a sad day for this country and that bill is going to get abused maliciously.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2015-06-09 at 03:59 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune