Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Of course they are, lets not kid ourselves here in that just because it's not official on paper and on maps doesn't mean it isn't so. You'd be crazy to think the CIA would ever give up control of the afghan poppy fields ever again, too much money to be made there along with all the rare earth and other minerals that were just found in the region not too long ago that our corporations want as a hedge against paying Chinese near monopoly prices.

Putin lambasts Obama: you're wrecking the US to recreate Soviet empire. That'll be the headline next week or so, the guy actually gives good speeches unlike Obama.
    Are you jealous that the soviets couldn't do the same in afganistan while they were there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    They have NATO bases there, and they seceded while they still had NATO forces inside their country. It's just that noone offered to take them in :P
    And they only had parliament vote instead of referendum - guess NATO wasn't as sure about result of that :P
    I'll repeat my question: was Kosovo annexed by someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Most people want the power of the US to be toned down, doesn't mean they want the USSR back.
    Why do you think that? You think the nations sitting in the starting blocks to fill said power vacuum are not some of the biggest shitheads to roam the world?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes serbia /snicker

Deleted
    We still have the EU?
    And Russia or China in general, without suddenly becoming the USSR.
    You serious are you crazy?

Russia
    >.<

China -,-
    .-.

They would be better than the US? Or them having wars by proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    are you saying that taking someones land is all fine and dandy, but only annexing it later on is wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Why do you think that? You think the nations sitting in the starting blocks to fill said power vacuum are not some of the biggest shitheads to roam the world?
    Well, I kind of agree that the US is way too influential today, it is dominating international discussions and disrupts the equality principle. However, I would argue that it is not the US power that should be toned down, it is the other leading democratic countries power that should be toned up. If UK, France, Japan, Germany, South Korea, Israel all had the power comparable to that of the US and stuck together, then countries like Russia, North Korea or Iran would have to play nice, since they wouldn't hope to stand alone against such odds.

Absolutely.
    Because they don't mess shit up to the point where we get ISIS.
    I don't even want to comment on that. Just book a trip to North Korea and see for yourself how Russia and China "don't mess shit up".

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    are you saying that taking someones land is all fine and dandy, but only annexing it later on is wrong?
    Attempt #3. Question: "Was Kosovo annexed by someone?"
    a) Yes
    b) No
    c) I don't know
    d) Neither of the above
    e) I am a Kremlin troll, I never answer questions directly
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    So far what China seems to be doing at international level is way less intrusive and devastating than our approach.
    That's theory anyway. So far what we know for sure is what we do when in charge of things.
    And that ain't a pretty sight for sure.

Deleted
    Absolutely.
    Because they don't mess shit up to the point where we get ISIS.
    #RememberTibet
    #UyghurLifesMatter

Nope the US is not in the ethnic cleansing buisness.
    But you forget on purpose don't even pretend they are equal.

Nope the US is not in the ethnic cleansing buisness.
    yes they are. again comes kosovo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    yes they are. again comes kosovo
    WTF you know that the serbian ethnic cleansings are public. o.O

I mean he prefers China of all to the US which is silly and that is an euphemism beyond believe.
    I would have to insult him non stop for claiming stuff like that or walking away.

Tibet is an ongoing athrocity they eradicate an entire ethnicity its genocide on time.
    The US doesnt do that kind of thing and we can be thankfull for that.

How they treat the Uyghur muslim minority should get him if hes honest.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-06-11 at 11:58 PM.

The US doesnt do that kind of thing and we can be thankfull for that.
    yes they do and i could only possibly be thankful to the ones that finally one day bring them down and give them the taste of their own medicine

and about ethnic cleansing - it was the muslim terrorists, backed by us, nato and your precious germany, that performed a nice little cleansing on kosovo

10+ Year Old Account
    The US bombing the country back to the stone ages and causing the rise of three more terroristic organisations would be a better outcome?
    I'd say yes, the current state of Iraq is a million times better than that of North Korea; North Korea might just be ultimately the worst place in the world to live right now. North Korea is essentially a prison for 20 millions hungry people, and all terrorist organizations in the Middle East combined won't have ruined lives of this many people in decades to come.

Besides, people like to mention the US failures, but forget about the US successes. Let's take a look at the latter: Japan, South Korea, Western (and, as a result, modern united) Germany, for example. Imagine if Japan was occupied not by American, but by Soviet, or by Chinese forces - what quality of life do you think it would have now? Mention at least one country uplifted by Russia/China from poverty to first world. Right, there is none, since the people in these countries cannot uplift even their own countries to this level.

I think some European country, like France, would be a better world police (if we imagine it having the same military power as the US nowadays) than the US, since the US exists a bit isolated from the rest of the world geopolitically, so we are quite arrogant and selfish on the world scene. But, it definitely has to be a democratic first world country. I would die sooner than live in a world governed by Russia or China.