Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    But then where are they getting this info from? Random tweets from people claiming to live there? that is not a valid source.

This topic seems familiar....

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    But those actions were already punished. What is your protest attempting to accomplish at this point?
    If you'll work with me. Probably venting to release the tension.

Rioting and causing issues for the populace isn't a good idea. But just letting people know you're unhappy with tge occurence might go a long way.

Also, probably reminding the cops that letting the guy off with leave alone isn't a game winning plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Mainstream media IS covering up to get ratings. You do not have to be a conservative to acknowledge that. Thats what media does in the U.S.. They pick a side and ignore everything that does not support their side. Or do you sincerely believe only fox news does that?
    No, I believe that the news accounts could not verify the social media accounts of what happened, so like any other credible news organization, didn't publish it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    maybe is all I can say. Its clear this guy needs to redo some training. I also think that since no one was hurt, he should not have career totally taken away, but

this guy really fucked up.
    Stick a gun in a person's face and see if they treat the situation calmly, even with no shots fired.

Why else would you get harsher criminal sentencing for just having the gun and not firing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Stick a gun in a person's face and see if they treat the situation calmly, even with no shots fired.

Why else would you get harsher criminal sentencing for just having the gun and not firing it?
    I agree with ya, this cop royally fucked up.

Is a firing going to occur or will it just be him getting a time out?
    I'd be shocked if he got fired. He'll definitely get reprimanded, his behavior was loss of control was definitely unprofessional. Wasn't so egregious to warrant termination though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, I believe that the news accounts could not verify the social media accounts of what happened, so like any other credible news organization, didn't publish it.
    For a long time, the news organization did not acknowledge that there were incidents involving the black teens. the first few articles were all about a white woman calling racist shit to black teens. They do not mention those black teens were invading PRIVATE party. Another thing they left out the community pool was privately funded by HOA, thus only community members could use it. Yet, people from ANOTHER community showed up, How? They don't acknowledge, it was twitter party, organized without permission of the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    It's a collective frustration. Not really that complicated.
    Collective frustration from people who don't even live in the community? Frustration from being made accountable for traspassing into private property?

10+ Year Old Account
    For a long time, the news organization did not acknowledge that there were incidents involving the black teens. the first few articles were all about a white woman calling racist shit to black teens. They do not mention those black teens were invading PRIVATE party. Another thing they left out the community pool was privately funded by HOA, thus only community members could use it. Yet, people from ANOTHER community showed up, How? They don't acknowledge, it was twitter party, organized without permission of the community.
    An interview with the girl that was thrown to the ground in the video reveals that she and several of her other guests were members of that community and had pool passes. It's not OK for her to invite friends from other neighborhoods?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    I'd be shocked if he got fired. He'll definitely get reprimanded, his behavior was loss of control was definitely unprofessional. Wasn't so egregious to warrant termination though.
    I'd say swinging a 14 year old girl around like a toy is grounds for termination. Especially since she was not being aggressive, resistant, or threatening.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

- - - Updated - - -

Collective frustration from people who don't even live in the community? Frustration from being made accountable for traspassing into private property?
    What about the girl who was slammed on the ground? She was a part of the neighborhood and had a pass for the pool.

Guess she's not allowed to be frustrated. Or any other community member that was profiled like a criminal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Lets not pretend racism is the issue in this one.

Its lacking accountabillity in the police force.
    When you can point guns at unarmed children and sit on 14 year old girls for insulting your ego while not getting arrested for it.
    Yeah, totally, I echoed that in the other tread yesterday too.

I think some people are just really eager to riot, knowledge of the case be damned!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'd say swinging a 14 year old girl around like a toy is grounds for termination. Especially since she was not being aggressive, resistant, or threatening.
    Try watching the video

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosive Anarchist View Post
    Did that really happen? Because random posts on facebook aren't evidence. There are plenty of Stormfront and anti-black trolls out there that are trying to stir up shit, like they tried with the misleading pictures from Baltimore.
    There's been Facebook posts from people living in the area. Unless Stormfront is hacking Facebook accounts, it's silly to brush it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Try watching the video
    I'll take that one back, I rewatched it and I can see her resisting being thrown on the ground.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    What makes this a fire-able offense is the fact that the police are supposed to have the trust of the public they are intended to protect. For the foreseeable future anytime people see this specific police officer in uniform (or out of uniform) those around him may fear what he might do.

Oh...and the fact that he pulled his gun out in a non-life-threatening situation. From the folks that i know that have guns, conceal carry licenses and the police officers i know, all of them have said you don't pull your gun unless you intend to use it, otherwise mistakes can happen and people can get hurt when they don't need to be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    An interview with the girl that was thrown to the ground in the video reveals that she and several of her other guests were members of that community and had pool passes. It's not OK for her to invite friends from other neighborhoods?
    No it is not ok. Not without the community permission. Keep in mind, this was not a community pool funded by the State. So, it is not gov't owned. And FAR too many people showed up, for all being related to that girl. The girl acknowledged it was a twitter party, and few (that means many) uninvited people showed up. The news article said those uninvited people were not told to leave (that means no one had courage to dispute with the uninvited guests) and they were not creating trouble (that means they were). Its a party that far too many people showed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    What makes this a fire-able offense is the fact that the police are supposed to have the trust of the public they are intended to protect. For the foreseeable future anytime people see this specific police officer in uniform (or out of uniform) those around him may fear what he might do.

Oh...and the fact that he pulled his gun out in a non-life-threatening situation. From the folks that i know that have guns, conceal carry licenses and the police officers i know, all of them have said you don't pull your gun unless you intend to use it, otherwise mistakes can happen and people can get hurt when they don't need to be.
    So, what should he do when those two people were approching him?

Show me where he stuck a gun in someone's face, Two people approached him from behind in a threatening manner and he drew his weapon but kept it at a low ready, at which point they backed off an ran away.

Shouldn't have pulled out the gun