Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i only occasionally get caught by it when i forget that Kill command counts as all pet damage in this case even though its a player action. i try not to do old content as BM for that reason.

i understand why its there although I'm not sure how much it would really hurt to see it go at this point with aggressive stance gone.

the restriction is 1000% worse on my enhancement shaman clearing trash. its almost impossible to get a fire nova off on trash since they die to the flame shock, and using magma totem will trigger this too

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    What are you people even smoking ? Nowhere does the GM mention "killing blow"

"A million and two apologies about the loot. Since your pet got the kill - there was no loot generated for you."

He means that the pet did all the job for you without you ever tagging the boss so you don't get loot. So many people here complaining about "stupid GM" when its you're the one lacking reading comprehension. SMH.
    I don't know how or why you activate a multi stage fight then go afk after talking to the npc to start it. Then are somehow surprised over what happened.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Must have changed it, hitting it once wasn't enough years ago.
    They changed the tagging system in Cata for sure if not before then. Used to be you had to do a little amount of damage now it is just attacking it once in any fashion that actually hits the target.

Deleted
    same thing happens to locks, its a safty mechanism to stop people putting a pet on aggressive when there was aggressive mode, going AFK, then coming back some time later to a big old pile of shiny stuff.

it is 100% not if the pet gets the killing blow, it is 100% if you did damage to the target. (Tried and tested on multiple times with different pets on my lock both in raids, dungeons, and out doors)

Quote Originally Posted by Niverihunter View Post
    As you can see on the pictures on imgur (if you wanna go find them ofc ) the GM clearly states that is a matter of killing blow. My dmg matters ofc, but if I made the killing blow, I will still be granted loot. Since my wolf did a 1mil KC, and I made autoattack - I havnt done enough dmg to be granted loot. Still sux tho. No matter what. Still my pet lol

Still. Just because it's the way it always was - Does it mean it should always be?
    Not sure he plays a hunter. Because it's just like regular mobs. If the pet does all the job, you don't get any loot

They should change Kill Command though

So? Just because things has always been, then you cant change it? Think humanity would have been A WHOOOOLE other place if that attitude applied lol ;D what an ignorant way to solve problems

- - - Updated - - -

the ENTIRE illidan fight consists of what? 2 globals more or less? and then some cinamatic crap. Been a while since you done BT? I did dmg to the flames fx, but apparently not enough to Illidan himself.
    If you queue'd up the fight from the npc then let your pet hit him to push him to the weapon part didnt do any dmg then and then let the pet only hit him when he lands that is all on you. A lesson you should learn from after wasting 20 or so minutes plus travel time if you dont have the necklace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Not sure he plays a hunter. Because it's just like regular mobs. If the pet does all the job, you don't get any loot

They should change Kill Command though
    The GM says the pet killed it not the pet got the killing blow. There is a difference.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

that is why when you run old dungeons you 1-shot most things, just keep pet on passive

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Actually, they fixed that a while ago. Those mobs now spawn "tapped". So you get loot regardess of what kills them. I know this because I used to curse at those bastard Garrison NPCs who would loitter near my herb garden and 1shot my podlings a few patches back. Now, the thing can spawn, get gangbanged by my corehound + Herbalist guy + random dude standing near my garden and die before I even get to look at it and I still get loot.

If i have a bodyguard in tow these days I usually dont even bother to attack the Podlings any more, just let the bodyguard kill them and keep herbing. Just dont forget to loot them as soon as they die, as they seem to despanwn really quick if a bodyguard / npc kills them for you (like the body only sticks around for about 8 seconds or so).
    Well shoot, I might've kept bothering longer with my garden and mine if I'd known that. The corpses poofing ridiculously fast I was aware of. Wish they'd fix that, there's no reason they should vanish like that - especially since they always have a significant amount of the resource on them. It's not even like either respawns quickly enough for there to be serious issues with botting, and out in the world it's rather a non-issue. I really prefer to pick all my herbs, kill podlings as I go, and loot podlings once all my herbs are done being picked. OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    They changed the tagging system in Cata for sure if not before then. Used to be you had to do a little amount of damage now it is just attacking it once in any fashion that actually hits the target.
    The Cata tagging system is a different thing entirely.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

I know from personal experience hitting something once has worked since 1.8. The tagging change just made it so anything that tags the mob works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still seems kinda dumb. The pet wouldnt kill anything If I didnt tell it 2? same with bow lol?
    There was a time when healers were in the same boat. Now they get credit for healing people who damaged the boss. The boss that dropped vendorstrike comes to mind in MC. You would have to dot or cast on the boss as a healer to be loot eligible if you were one of the healers who healed the kited adds group.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I had something similar happen to me in kara the gm let me get my loot back despite the pet getting the kill, and he got back to me in 5 mins.

Deleted
    I started a new Blood Elf hunter just the other day, and I was doing the early quests (in full heirloom gear, with enchants) and my pet beat me to the punch killing this dwarf spy whose head you have to collect. So I had to wait for him to respawn, and then position myself further away so my dragonhawk wouldn't beat me to it. Not a huge deal, but it's kinda annoying. Don't think I've ever had it happen with a boss, but definitely quite often while doing lower-level content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    that is why when you run old dungeons you 1-shot most things, just keep pet on passive
    Sound advice, I always run old dungeons with my pet on passive (feels kinda odd running around without him) That way you also get the pet buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Recently? I normally herb with my hunter pet out and pretty much never attack the podlings myself any more. Thing spawns, takes a swipe at me, my pet solos it while I keep herbing, an I still get loot. I dont even touch them myself any more, 100% of the damage comes from my pet and maybe the garrison guy stationed at the herb garden. Granted, this is the garrison herb garden only, so I am not sure if it works the same way for spawns out in the world.
    This was 'fixed' by blizz as ur followers would also kill podlings in ur garrison before u could. They made it so that whatever npc kills them in ur garrison (including your pet) you get the loot for. Was probably released around march?

- - - Updated - - -

Also - sidenote; this used to be a big thing because you used to be able to put your pet on aggressive. Which meant it attacked anything within a certain range of itself on it's own will.

Deleted
    It's been like that since vanilla. I played a bum hunter twink at that time, and bm pets easily soloed mobs (yay broken tooth!), and I never got loot. The slightest bit of damage you do to the target causes it to drop stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc48cc6e9b6a; 2015-06-22 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Yep its been like that for as long as I can remember. I opened a ticket once in the past as well. The GM told me that they do this to discourage AFK-farming, which makes perfect sense to me. It would be all too easy to afk somewhere and put your pet on auto attack.

To get loot all you have to do is attack the mob you want to loot. If only the pet attacks there will be no loot.
    Warlock here, I first discovered this feature at lvl 60 when I thought I could put my Succubus on aggressive to farm linen for an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I can't remember if I needed to do 30% or 70% of the dmg to get the kill, I tested it all the way back in early TBC. It was roughly one of the two.
    I got loot with one wand shot playing around with the super op (then) felguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No it is NOT the killing blow..
    It's the kill. Your pet killed the target without you ever doing dmg to it.
    Go to a higher raid, hit the target once at the pull, then chill out and watch your pet do the work.... loot..
    You can also test that at any mob in the world.
    anything you hit, you can loot, anything you don't you can't.
    Not sure about bosses but if you just let your pet kill a random mob in the world you still get loot even if you never hit it yourself.

During TBC I think, people were waiting for 'locks to apply DoTs and stealing the mob before the first tick because hey, free DoT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Warlock here, I first discovered this feature at lvl 60 when I thought I could put my Succubus on aggressive to farm linen for an alt.
    ^ And this is why it's in place. Simple solution is just hit it once or twice (for insurance) and then you can let the pet finish it off.